New Nova Announced!

#1 Posted by scuzz2.0 (273 posts) - - Show Bio

A new Nove (Sam Alexander) by the Hack team of Loeb and McGuinnes. I think we can all agree that this will be utter horse$#1t but will inexplicably have great sales.

#2 Posted by Night Thrasher (3709 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably the best looking book with the worst plot in the entire Marvel Now! lineup.

#3 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn he's a little guy, where's Richard Rider?

#4 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

Who the fuc...... is this little shite.

#5 Posted by The Stegman (26080 posts) - - Show Bio

That art is amazing...so...smooth lookin'

#6 Posted by Cancer the Conqueror (78 posts) - - Show Bio

Loeb seems utterly convinced that Ultimate Spider-Man is the greatest thing since sliced bread. The art even looks like the show's animation style! (Not to say that's bad...the animation is one of the few good things, next to--some of--the voice work. I don't put myself in the group that spits acid when discussing the show, but just see it as major disappointment, wasted potential to put out something quirky, edgy or "unique".)

This isn't a replacement to Rider, is it? You know, so more diversities can be put out? (I assume that's the reason Rider wasn't used in the first place on Ultimate, or Loeb had this series in mind when he created the character) What's the status on Rider, anyway? Didn't he sacrifice himself to kill Thanos for good? And now Thanos is back in Avengers Assemble. Was it just martyrdom in vain, just so a new Nova can be brought in? Come on, that's not necessary; just pull a Green Lantern and have multiple Novas.

#7 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (944 posts) - - Show Bio

If they can bring back Star-lord, and have him in a guardians of the galaxy on going starting in 2013 (Actually looking forward to this)... why can't Richard Rider return huh?? huh marvel??? FACKADUCK!!!!

#8 Posted by Ezekael (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone know if the Nova in the new marvel MMO will be the original Nova or this new garbage?

#9 Posted by War Killer (20293 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who thinks that second cover looks epic? I think this Nova Jr. would make an excellent addition to the Young Avengers.

#10 Posted by Video_Martian (5562 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the 2nd cover...

#11 Posted by TDK_1997 (15109 posts) - - Show Bio

This doesn't look that bad but I ain't gonna pick this up.

#12 Posted by SGU823 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ezekael: Garbage. The garbage is the answer, sadly. What's worse is that they'll probably use Rider and an alt for the little jerk.

#13 Posted by OmegaHans (209 posts) - - Show Bio

The first thing that popped in my mind is---ARRRRRRRRRGGGHH!!!

The second thing that popped in my mind is "Oh wait, it's Loeb again..."

But getting back to what's more important, what is Rider going to do now?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.