A Nova Newbie.

#1 Posted by ThunderShade (134 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to start reading Nova but I don't know where to start, is Volume 4 a good starting point?

#2 Posted by BlackestShite (238 posts) - - Show Bio

Essential Nova
Nova Vol 1 Annihilation + Vol 2
Nova Vol 4 + 5 + 6
Keep an eye out for his Secret Avengers

#3 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Read Annihilation and Annihilation Conquest than his current volume and you'll be off on the right track.

#4 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

I've just picked up the Nova: Annihilation- Conquest and Nova: Nowhere TPBs and I got the hang of the series even though I hadn't read Annihilation. So if you can't be bothered reading Annihilation, just pick up the Nova TPBs, although you'd need to get the gist of Annihilation at the least.

#5 Posted by ThunderShade (134 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for all this.

Anyone know about the Secret Avengers?
I thought they were disbanded at the end of the Civil War

#6 Posted by gui22 (360 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThunderShade said:
" Thanks for all this.  Anyone know about the Secret Avengers? I thought they were disbanded at the end of the Civil War "
They did.But this is kind of a different team they´re not criminals i think they will act secretly.
#7 Posted by War Killer (20293 posts) - - Show Bio
@gui22 said:
" @ThunderShade said:
" Thanks for all this.  Anyone know about the Secret Avengers? I thought they were disbanded at the end of the Civil War "
They did.But this is kind of a different team they´re not criminals i think they will act secretly. "
Yeah, same name, different team, more then likely some type of black opts division of the Avengers (my guess like their version of X-Force).
#8 Posted by gui22 (360 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer: Kinda of.
#9 Posted by avengpymhawk (372 posts) - - Show Bio

Nova 1st series 23-25, Fantastic Four 204-209, New Warriors 1-75, and all of the 4th series will give you alot about the character
#10 Posted by scuzz2.0 (273 posts) - - Show Bio

you NEED to get Annihilation! it shows how and why nova went from a D lister to the most important hero in the universe. he really stepped up, it was awesome. plus its one of the best events/crossovers in years. way better than conquest or the war and realm of kings stories.
#11 Posted by the ace of knaves (400 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea you cannot go wrong with Annihilation.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.