super_man_23's Nova #1 - Chapter One review

Nova 1

A new era, and a new direction to the human rocket also known as, NOVA!

The Good

This is the most I've enjoyed Nova. Most readers might recognize Sam Alexander's Nova from the Ultimate Spider-Man TV series. It only makes sense to tell the origin story of Alexander in main stream continuity since he was a prominent character in the AvX story arc.

Writer Jeph Loeb does a great job with this first issue. Already we learn a lot about Sam Alexander's father, Jesse, whom was the Nova in Earth's sector before him. Loeb balances the stories of the past with present day events perfectly, and it makes learning more about the Novas fun and engaging instead of seeing Sam automatically as the Nova of Earth and doing his own adventure.

Also the artwork is perfect for this series. Jeph Loeb and Ed McGuinness have worked together on multiple projects in the past, from both Marvel and DC Comics, and it is great to see them work on this series. I've always enjoyed McGuinness' artwork as his style works well with almost any comic book character. The colors by Marte Gracia is perfect as it captures the bright colors and spectacular battle sequences in this issue.

The Bad

No complaints.

This is a great comic book series for those fans of Nova or love sci-fi adventures. Jeph Loeb did a great job at setting up the premise of this issue and it'll be interesting to see how Sam Alexander fits into the Marvel Universe. The artwork by Ed McGuinness, colors by Marte Gracia, and the ink by Dexter Vines did an outstanding job at made this Nova adventure worth while. Overall 5 out of 5.

Posted by broo1232