First comes marriage but what about kids?

#1 Posted by Peerless1 (181 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Kyle and Jean Paul be "two daddies"? And if so in the world of comics what will be the source of their genetics. Can Aurora be a surrogate? Kyle's sperm her eggs Food for thought.

#2 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh... I don't care much for children in comics, just for thre sake of having them. Lian, Iris West and the FF Kids are cool. The rest though...

#3 Posted by Peerless1 (181 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: Don't uou think this poses a very unique and interesting take on the whole thing in the world of comics? The logistics and potential conflicts alone.

#4 Posted by Aquagan (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the idea of using Aurora as a surrogate. The genetics are close, but I think she's a little too unstable do be pregnant. I like the idea of showing what it's like to have two fathers, one of which being a superhero. That's a new concept for comics.

#5 Posted by Redberry (797 posts) - - Show Bio

@Aquagan said:

I like the idea of using Aurora as a surrogate. The genetics are close, but I think she's a little too unstable do be pregnant. I like the idea of showing what it's like to have two fathers, one of which being a superhero. That's a new concept for comics.

I thought Midnighter and Apollo have already taken that role with raising Jenny.

#6 Posted by Dernman (15093 posts) - - Show Bio

NO ug I hate aging characters and that is one of the worst ways to age a character. 
On top of that I don't think Super-Heroes whose identities are known tor easily found out to villains should have kids,

#7 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe he can get pregnant, he is a mutant after all

#8 Posted by Whisper_ (3459 posts) - - Show Bio

A. they can, it's called adoption

B. I'd kind of rather they didn't. Young kids don't have the best chances of survival in comic books

#9 Posted by Redberry (797 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

NO ug I hate aging characters and that is one of the worst ways to age a character. On top of that I don't think Super-Heroes whose identities are known tor easily found out to villains should have kids,

I just realize that whenever a superhero has someone to protect, that person will surely be kidnapped. Mary Jane for Spiderman, Jenny for Midnighter, Lois for Superman, Kyle for Northstar, Luke Cage's kid whose name i don't remember. I feel like even in comics, superheroes should age (Regardless of how slowly). Like if you have followed them for a lifetime, you would want to see them have a happy ending with a caring family to look after. I guess I'm just more invested in the superheroes, so I want to see their personal life evolved as well. It gives another dimension to the character. :)

#10 Posted by Dernman (15093 posts) - - Show Bio
@Redberry said:

@Dernman said:

NO ug I hate aging characters and that is one of the worst ways to age a character. On top of that I don't think Super-Heroes whose identities are known tor easily found out to villains should have kids,

I just realize that whenever a superhero has someone to protect, that person will surely be kidnapped. Mary Jane for Spiderman, Jenny for Midnighter, Lois for Superman, Kyle for Northstar, Luke Cage's kid whose name i don't remember. I feel like even in comics, superheroes should age (Regardless of how slowly). Like if you have followed them for a lifetime, you would want to see them have a happy ending with a caring family to look after. I guess I'm just more invested in the superheroes, so I want to see their personal life evolved as well. It gives another dimension to the character. :)

I do realize that when a superhero get's close to someone their life is in danger but it's worse for someone who's identity is known. There is really no way for them to truly protect their kids. I find it dumb that some villain with a grudge wouldn't come after the kids. Don't confuse a difference of outlook with being more invested. I'm am invested in the character but I have always like the fact that they were here before me and that they will be here after me. Also that the next generation will pick up and experience the same things I have. That's why I love updates or mind rollbacks as much as others. I do think they should have some growth but not to much that you have gone to far from what they were and when that happens they should rollback. I'm against against any type of ending for these character whether it's happy or sad. You can have ending in mini series or one shots for possible futures or alt timeline stories . The main ongoing should be that and it's not an ongoing if there is an end. 
 
I read series in books and they have a beginning and an end where the story comes to a close and thats good but comics are a different way and style of writing where it's almost timeless which I like also.
#11 Posted by Redberry (797 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

@Redberry said:

@Dernman said:

NO ug I hate aging characters and that is one of the worst ways to age a character. On top of that I don't think Super-Heroes whose identities are known tor easily found out to villains should have kids,

I just realize that whenever a superhero has someone to protect, that person will surely be kidnapped. Mary Jane for Spiderman, Jenny for Midnighter, Lois for Superman, Kyle for Northstar, Luke Cage's kid whose name i don't remember. I feel like even in comics, superheroes should age (Regardless of how slowly). Like if you have followed them for a lifetime, you would want to see them have a happy ending with a caring family to look after. I guess I'm just more invested in the superheroes, so I want to see their personal life evolved as well. It gives another dimension to the character. :)

I do realize that when a superhero get's close to someone their life is in danger but it's worse for someone who's identity is known. There is really no way for them to truly protect their kids. I find it dumb that some villain with a grudge wouldn't come after the kids. Don't confuse a difference of outlook with being more invested. I'm am invested in the character but I have always like the fact that they were here before me and that they will be here after me. Also that the next generation will pick up and experience the same things I have. That's why I love updates or mind rollbacks as much as others. I do think they should have some growth but not to much that you have gone to far from what they were and when that happens they should rollback. I'm against against any type of ending for these character whether it's happy or sad. You can have ending in mini series or one shots for possible futures or alt timeline stories . The main ongoing should be that and it's not an ongoing if there is an end. I read series in books and they have a beginning and an end where the story comes to a close and thats good but comics are a different way and style of writing where it's almost timeless which I like also.

Of course for iconic characters, I doubt there will be an official ending for them, but for B and C-listers, they will not get focused as much as those A-listers, so sometimes, they got written out of the book altogether. They often have an official ending to their story since they will probably hardly be used again. I don't follow iconic characters that often due to that reasons. They are the publishers' cashcow, so their storyline won't even end. I didn't mean to offend you, it was just a wrong choice of words. I didn't mean that you are more or less invested than anyone else.

#12 Posted by Dernman (15093 posts) - - Show Bio
@Redberry said:


Of course for iconic characters, I doubt there will be an official ending for them, but for B and C-listers, they will not get focused as much as those A-listers, so sometimes, they got written out of the book altogether. They often have an official ending to their story since they will probably hardly be used again. I don't follow iconic characters that often due to that reasons. They are the publishers' cashcow, so their storyline won't even end. I didn't mean to offend you, it was just a wrong choice of words. I didn't mean that you are more or less invested than anyone else.

No worries you didn't offend me. I got what you were trying to say. We both are just explaining how we feel without a need to get one over on the other. A lot of my favorite characters are not iconic and I feel the same way about them.  It's upsetting when their stories end and I'm left without this character I like to continue on. That's why characters who do have an official ending keep being brought back. Everyone has a favorite they don't want to lose and to them are more important then icon status. Aging also causes problems I don't like. Things like being a kid when you started out then becoming around the same age as a character that was already an adult when they first started out. 
There are others but this is already getting to long of a response. We just have different views on what we want I guess. 

On another note off topic. (I actually wrote this before rereading what you said and realizing that is was off topic)
People throw around cashcow around like a dirty word. I don't see anything wrong with being a cashcow in itself. It does cause some problems like Wolverine being on a hundred teams. Or character going against what they are like Wolverine being a headmaster of a school and that is a problem that should be fixed  but if you  are talking about say Batman having tons of books well is it the companies fault if they are giving people what they want. You can say that it stops other Characters from getting books but who says those characters would necessarily sell enough to make it worth it for them. Also cash cows provide them with money to make other books that wouldn't get a chance without them or that chance lasting as long. Forget getting another chance.
#13 Posted by Redberry (797 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

@Redberry said:

Of course for iconic characters, I doubt there will be an official ending for them, but for B and C-listers, they will not get focused as much as those A-listers, so sometimes, they got written out of the book altogether. They often have an official ending to their story since they will probably hardly be used again. I don't follow iconic characters that often due to that reasons. They are the publishers' cashcow, so their storyline won't even end. I didn't mean to offend you, it was just a wrong choice of words. I didn't mean that you are more or less invested than anyone else.

No worries you didn't offend me. I got what you were trying to say. We both are just explaining how we feel without a need to get one over on the other. A lot of my favorite characters are not iconic and I feel the same way about them. It's upsetting when their stories end and I'm left without this character I like to continue on. That's why characters who do have an official ending keep being brought back. Everyone has a favorite they don't want to lose and to them are more important then icon status. Aging also causes problems I don't like. Things like being a kid when you started out then becoming around the same age as a character that was already an adult when they first started out.
There are others but this is already getting to long of a response. We just have different views on what we want I guess.

On another note off topic. (I actually wrote this before rereading what you said and realizing that is was off topic)People throw around cashcow around like a dirty word. I don't see anything wrong with being a cashcow in itself. It does cause some problems like Wolverine being on a hundred teams. Or character going against what they are like Wolverine being a headmaster of a school and that is a problem that should be fixed but if you are talking about say Batman having tons of books well is it the companies fault if they are giving people what they want. You can say that it stops other Characters from getting books but who says those characters would necessarily sell enough to make it worth it for them. Also cash cows provide them with money to make other books that wouldn't get a chance without them or that chance lasting as long. Forget getting another chance.

Nah, I don't mean cashcow in a bad ways. I'm fine with iconic characters appearing in other books for boosting sales and popularity. It's just that with iconic characters, the writers are more careful with keeping them in-character and afraid of adding new origins or development to them, They are often very stable decades after decades. I feel like Captain America has always been the same person throughout the years. That's not a bad thing. He's iconic. He has an established background that people can write story around. It's not the character's fault that he/she is popular with the readers. I think I prefer less mainstream characters because they would often have really big development, and the publishers don't have to worry about tons of angry fans. The publishers are then allowed take more risks with them.

I guess we can agree to disagree on character's development. With over a 100 comics every month, there should be enough for all our needs. :)

#14 Posted by UltraBiel (328 posts) - - Show Bio

If Marvel doesn't kill one of them in the next years...the editors can start to think about that!

#15 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Well if it PO's Fox news I'm down. Besides kids usually don't last long before something happens to them or in this case we would probably see Kyle and the kids written off.

#16 Posted by nerd217 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing how close they are, I reckon Dazzler would volunteer to be a surrogate. However, having read Alpha Flight 106 (btw a really touching story) it would be cool if they adopted a child recovering from AIDs.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.