Norman Osborn as SHIELD director?

#1 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

I think after Secret Invasion, Norman Osborn will become the Director of SHIELD.  Here's why:

  • He has been meddling in Nick Fury, Deadpool, and Skrull information, stealing classified information on how to kill a Skrull Queen so he can gain more knowledge.  Knowledge is power.
  • The President wants to see him personally.
  • On newscasts he has been characterized to be a great hero to the nation and a leader.
  • On marvel.com they have shown a variant cover to Thunderbolts that was previously teased to be something top secret. Maybe the T-Bolts are specialized SHIELD agents after SI with Norman leading the pack as director.
  • It's called Dark Reign and Norman is a crazy man and the reign part is him leading SHIELD now.
  • Harry seems to be taking his own Goblin destiny in NYC so him becoming something greater than just the Green Goblin seems to make since.


Here was that teaser image:

Ladies and gentlemen—True Believers of all ages...This week's "Weekly Watcher" World Premiere features art from a project that is so classified we can only show you this:

TOP SECRET!

#2 Posted by Ace Trainer Red (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would this happen if Maria Hill is next in line after War Machine & he is the current Director?

#3 Posted by thunderbolt (2344 posts) - - Show Bio

War Machine is not becoming director he has no experience and he is not qualified

#4 Posted by King of Hearts 11987 (166 posts) - - Show Bio
thunderbolt said:
"

War Machine is not becoming director he has no experience and he is not qualified

"
He already is....so this statement is beyond false.

#5 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio
King of Hearts 11987 said:
"thunderbolt said:
"

War Machine is not becoming director he has no experience and he is not qualified

"
He already is....so this statement is beyond false.

"
Wrong.  I am talking after Invasion.  Rhodey is temporarily filling in.  Stark won't be Director due him not being able to stop this.
#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
Mr. Wilson said:
"King of Hearts 11987 said:
"thunderbolt said:
"

War Machine is not becoming director he has no experience and he is not qualified

"
He already is....so this statement is beyond false.

"
Wrong.  I am talking after Invasion.  Rhodey is temporarily filling in.  Stark won't be Director due him not being able to stop this."
That doesn't make sense though.Maria Hill was Iron Man's second in Command.War Machine is the current Director...who is going to appoint Osborn? Even if Fury is cool with him now..He has no power at SHIELD.
Moderator Online
#7 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Mr. Wilson said:
"King of Hearts 11987 said:
"thunderbolt said:
"

War Machine is not becoming director he has no experience and he is not qualified

"
He already is....so this statement is beyond false.

"
Wrong.  I am talking after Invasion.  Rhodey is temporarily filling in.  Stark won't be Director due him not being able to stop this."
That doesn't make sense though.Maria Hill was Iron Man's second in Command.War Machine is the current Director...who is going to appoint Osborn? Even if Fury is cool with him now..He has no power at SHIELD."
The president wanted to speak with him.  This is why.  I know the president doesn't own SHIELD but the public is seeing all of the good.  Who appointed Stark?  The president?  I don't know.  How do you get appointed?
#8 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

THAT SOUNDS AWESOME!!!!!  Imagine what he could do with all this power. I see another awesome Spidy arc coming......

#9 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio
Shaper said:
"THAT SOUNDS AWESOME!!!!!  Imagine what he could do with all this power. I see another awesome Spidy arc coming......"

Same here.  I think it will be cool if it happens.
#10 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

It's like Luthor becoming president all over again.

Cool.

#11 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

meh, give it back to Nick

#12 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
Mr. Wilson said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Mr. Wilson said:
"King of Hearts 11987 said:
"thunderbolt said:
"

War Machine is not becoming director he has no experience and he is not qualified

"
He already is....so this statement is beyond false.

"
Wrong.  I am talking after Invasion.  Rhodey is temporarily filling in.  Stark won't be Director due him not being able to stop this."
That doesn't make sense though.Maria Hill was Iron Man's second in Command.War Machine is the current Director...who is going to appoint Osborn? Even if Fury is cool with him now..He has no power at SHIELD."
The president wanted to speak with him.  This is why.  I know the president doesn't own SHIELD but the public is seeing all of the good.  Who appointed Stark?  The president?  I don't know.  How do you get appointed?"
The difference is..Stark basically owned SHIELD from the beginning.More than half of their tech was sold to them by him.Also Iron Man  was in the President's cabinet as Secretary of Defense..so Stark has had ties to the government & SHIELD for years.For them to then take War Machine's book away from him as Director and take Hill out of her spot for someone who ran a team of Superheroes who had trouble catching Jack Flag & American Eagle and has been killing people would be absolutely ridiculous.
Moderator Online
#13 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Norman was President. 'Nuff said. LoL.

#14 Posted by Vrakmul (23551 posts) - - Show Bio

He'd have to get through the secretary of state and director of s.h.i.e.l.d sir tony arsehol......I mean stark!! STARK!!!

#15 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Mr. Wilson said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Mr. Wilson said:
"King of Hearts 11987 said:
"thunderbolt said:
"

War Machine is not becoming director he has no experience and he is not qualified

"
He already is....so this statement is beyond false.

"
Wrong.  I am talking after Invasion.  Rhodey is temporarily filling in.  Stark won't be Director due him not being able to stop this."
That doesn't make sense though.Maria Hill was Iron Man's second in Command.War Machine is the current Director...who is going to appoint Osborn? Even if Fury is cool with him now..He has no power at SHIELD."
The president wanted to speak with him.  This is why.  I know the president doesn't own SHIELD but the public is seeing all of the good.  Who appointed Stark?  The president?  I don't know.  How do you get appointed?"
The difference is..Stark basically owned SHIELD from the beginning.More than half of their tech was sold to them by him.Also Iron Man  was in the President's cabinet as Secretary of Defense..so Stark has had ties to the government & SHIELD for years.For them to then take War Machine's book away from him as Director and take Hill out of her spot for someone who ran a team of Superheroes who had trouble catching Jack Flag & American Eagle and has been killing people would be absolutely ridiculous."

Ahhh, see the public is fooled though.  Newscasters believe Norman is a true American leader with a eart of gold.  He has played his role very well.  He will have government connections too after the President talks to him (I believe) and he is already a director of a team that saved the nations capital.  Plus if you also notice, Stark's tech was taken advantage of and Norman's didn't.  SHIELD won't want to make the same mistake twice.  I'm not saying this will happen, it is just an educated guess.  :) 
#16 Posted by BriClops (40 posts) - - Show Bio

im all for norman for director, i thought this myself. And he really does seem to be warming up to the public. Also he slanders tony pretty well, i am really hoping that it does happen.

#17 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio
BriClops said:
"im all for norman for director, i thought this myself. And he really does seem to be warming up to the public. Also he slanders tony pretty well, i am really hoping that it does happen."
I kinda hope it does too.
#18 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

BTW Norman is also in the SI #8 variant in the foreground with only big name heroes behind him.....seems important.  Aaaaaand in the solicitatiions for Thunderbolts #126 it says he is out of the base.

#19 Posted by King Saturn (224033 posts) - - Show Bio
Norman Osborn's hair is Tight  !  That dude has Perfect Waves in his Hair... and he is a White Guy  !

lol
#20 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Norman Osborn's hair is Tight  !  That dude has Perfect Waves in his Hair... and he is a White Guy  !

lol
"
LOL

Nice catch Mr.Wilson.
#21 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks.  Just a bit off.  I should have known he wouldn't take SHIELD because he's too good. lol

I was close though.

#22 Posted by Onyx (189 posts) - - Show Bio

I just find it odd that Norman has mostly been a P.I.A for Spider man has the chops to unify the likes of Doom, namor, Loki and other underworld figures. This seemed like a job better suited for the Red Skull or even magneto. both choices I'd find more interesting then Osborn. he just seems to much like Lex Luthor running for president.

It seems like Marvel will have me sitting on the sidelines for another year while the "big event" plays out

#23 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

I am very interested in how this plays out.

#24 Posted by Firestormnuclerman (2097 posts) - - Show Bio

Once again Osborne manage to uses his intellect.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.