Follow

Norman Osborn

Character » Norman Osborn appears in 2559 issues.

The amoral industrialist Norman Osborn was transformed by an experimental serum into the maniacal Green Goblin, and has endured over the decades as Spider-Man's most dreaded archenemy. Osborn is known for being the killer of Gwen Stacy, the architect of the Clone Saga, and the one-time director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Norman Osborn as SHIELD director?

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Mr. Wilson

I think after Secret Invasion, Norman Osborn will become the Director of SHIELD.  Here's why:

• He has been meddling in Nick Fury, Deadpool, and Skrull information, stealing classified information on how to kill a Skrull Queen so he can gain more knowledge.  Knowledge is power.
    • The President wants to see him personally.
    • On newscasts he has been characterized to be a great hero to the nation and a leader.
    • On marvel.com they have shown a variant cover to Thunderbolts that was previously teased to be something top secret. Maybe the T-Bolts are specialized SHIELD agents after SI with Norman leading the pack as director.
    • It's called Dark Reign and Norman is a crazy man and the reign part is him leading SHIELD now.
    • Harry seems to be taking his own Goblin destiny in NYC so him becoming something greater than just the Green Goblin seems to make since.

Here was that teaser image:

Ladies and gentlemen—True Believers of all ages...This week's "Weekly Watcher" World Premiere features art from a project that is so classified we can only show you this:

TOP SECRET!

Avatar image for ace_trainer_red
    Ace Trainer Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Ace Trainer Red

Why would this happen if Maria Hill is next in line after War Machine & he is the current Director?

thunderbolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By thunderbolt

War Machine is not becoming director he has no experience and he is not qualified

Avatar image for king_of_hearts_11987
    King of Hearts 11987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thunderbolt said:
    "

War Machine is not becoming director he has no experience and he is not qualified

"
    He already is....so this statement is beyond false.

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mr. Wilson
    King of Hearts 11987 said:
    "thunderbolt said:
    "

"

"
    Wrong.  I am talking after Invasion.  Rhodey is temporarily filling in.  Stark won't be Director due him not being able to stop this.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Mr. Wilson said:
    "King of Hearts 11987 said:
    "thunderbolt said:
    "

"

"
    Wrong.  I am talking after Invasion.  Rhodey is temporarily filling in.  Stark won't be Director due him not being able to stop this."
    That doesn't make sense though.Maria Hill was Iron Man's second in Command.War Machine is the current Director...who is going to appoint Osborn? Even if Fury is cool with him now..He has no power at SHIELD.
    Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mr. Wilson
    Vance Astro said:
    "Mr. Wilson said:
    "thunderbolt said:
    "

"

"
    Wrong.  I am talking after Invasion.  Rhodey is temporarily filling in.  Stark won't be Director due him not being able to stop this."
    That doesn't make sense though.Maria Hill was Iron Man's second in Command.War Machine is the current Director...who is going to appoint Osborn? Even if Fury is cool with him now..He has no power at SHIELD."
    The president wanted to speak with him.  This is why.  I know the president doesn't own SHIELD but the public is seeing all of the good.  Who appointed Stark?  The president?  I don't know.  How do you get appointed?
    Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Shaper

THAT SOUNDS AWESOME!!!!!  Imagine what he could do with all this power. I see another awesome Spidy arc coming......

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mr. Wilson
    Shaper said:
    "THAT SOUNDS AWESOME!!!!!  Imagine what he could do with all this power. I see another awesome Spidy arc coming......"

Same here.  I think it will be cool if it happens.
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By AtPhantom

It's like Luthor becoming president all over again.

Cool.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11  Edited By Nighthunter

meh, give it back to Nick

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#12  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Mr. Wilson said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Mr. Wilson said:
    "thunderbolt said:
    "

"

"
    That doesn't make sense though.Maria Hill was Iron Man's second in Command.War Machine is the current Director...who is going to appoint Osborn? Even if Fury is cool with him now..He has no power at SHIELD."
    The president wanted to speak with him.  This is why.  I know the president doesn't own SHIELD but the public is seeing all of the good.  Who appointed Stark?  The president?  I don't know.  How do you get appointed?"
    The difference is..Stark basically owned SHIELD from the beginning.More than half of their tech was sold to them by him.Also Iron Man  was in the President's cabinet as Secretary of Defense..so Stark has had ties to the government & SHIELD for years.For them to then take War Machine's book away from him as Director and take Hill out of her spot for someone who ran a team of Superheroes who had trouble catching Jack Flag & American Eagle and has been killing people would be absolutely ridiculous.
    Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Norman was President. 'Nuff said. LoL.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vrakmul

He'd have to get through the secretary of state and director of s.h.i.e.l.d sir tony arsehol......I mean stark!! STARK!!!

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mr. Wilson
    Vance Astro said:
    "Mr. Wilson said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Mr. Wilson said:
    "thunderbolt said:
    "

"

"
    The president wanted to speak with him.  This is why.  I know the president doesn't own SHIELD but the public is seeing all of the good.  Who appointed Stark?  The president?  I don't know.  How do you get appointed?"
    The difference is..Stark basically owned SHIELD from the beginning.More than half of their tech was sold to them by him.Also Iron Man  was in the President's cabinet as Secretary of Defense..so Stark has had ties to the government & SHIELD for years.For them to then take War Machine's book away from him as Director and take Hill out of her spot for someone who ran a team of Superheroes who had trouble catching Jack Flag & American Eagle and has been killing people would be absolutely ridiculous."

Ahhh, see the public is fooled though.  Newscasters believe Norman is a true American leader with a eart of gold.  He has played his role very well.  He will have government connections too after the President talks to him (I believe) and he is already a director of a team that saved the nations capital.  Plus if you also notice, Stark's tech was taken advantage of and Norman's didn't.  SHIELD won't want to make the same mistake twice.  I'm not saying this will happen, it is just an educated guess.  :) 
    BriClops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BriClops

im all for norman for director, i thought this myself. And he really does seem to be warming up to the public. Also he slanders tony pretty well, i am really hoping that it does happen.

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mr. Wilson
    BriClops said:
    "im all for norman for director, i thought this myself. And he really does seem to be warming up to the public. Also he slanders tony pretty well, i am really hoping that it does happen."
    I kinda hope it does too.
    Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mr. Wilson

BTW Norman is also in the SI #8 variant in the foreground with only big name heroes behind him.....seems important.  Aaaaaand in the solicitatiions for Thunderbolts #126 it says he is out of the base.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By King_Saturn
    Norman Osborn's hair is Tight  !  That dude has Perfect Waves in his Hair... and he is a White Guy  !

lol
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By John Valentine
    King Saturn said:
    "Norman Osborn's hair is Tight  !  That dude has Perfect Waves in his Hair... and he is a White Guy  !

lol
    "
    LOL

Nice catch Mr.Wilson.
    Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mr. Wilson

Thanks.  Just a bit off.  I should have known he wouldn't take SHIELD because he's too good. lol

I was close though.

Onyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22  Edited By Onyx

I just find it odd that Norman has mostly been a P.I.A for Spider man has the chops to unify the likes of Doom, namor, Loki and other underworld figures. This seemed like a job better suited for the Red Skull or even magneto. both choices I'd find more interesting then Osborn. he just seems to much like Lex Luthor running for president.

It seems like Marvel will have me sitting on the sidelines for another year while the "big event" plays out

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mr. Wilson

I am very interested in how this plays out.

Avatar image for firestormnuclerman
    Firestormnuclerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once again Osborne manage to uses his intellect.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.