How intelligent is Norman Osborn

#1 Posted by warlord1234 (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

How intelligent is Norman Osborn.

#2 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

Not very. He's basically just a good businessman.

#3 Posted by Bobby X (1141 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jotham said:
" Not very. He's basically just a good businessman. "
Ur joking right? 
The guy is a genius. The Goblin serum makes you insane but also enhances your intelligence to genius levels. 
He is a good businessman but he was first and foremost a professional scientist.
#4 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bobby X: I'm not saying he's stupid, but compared to other super-scientists in the Marvel universe he's on the lower end of the spectrum. Also, I had the impression Marvel was trying to downplay his scientist origins.
#5 Posted by Shadow Sorcerer (66 posts) - - Show Bio

Norman is a genius, how big he is in the scale I don't know. Only in humans I can think of at least 7 people more intelligent than him: Reed Richard, Doctor Doom, Iron man, Hank Pym, Bruce Banner, Excello (or was he just an illusion?) and Amadeus Cho

#6 Edited by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't call him a Genius or anything, I'd put him at Parker's level.

#7 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Parker is a genius

#8 Posted by kore (373 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shadow Sorcerer: I would add Dr. Octopus (Reed Richards even respects his intellect and sought his aid), High Evolutionary (his intellect raised him to almost godlike level), and Mister Sinister.
#9 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

Normal Osborn is a very intelligent man. I'd place him in the top 10 human intellects of the Marvel U.

#10 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
@kore said:
" @Shadow Sorcerer: I would add Dr. Octopus (Reed Richards even respects his intellect and sought his aid), High Evolutionary (his intellect raised him to almost godlike level), and Mister Sinister. "
probably those too, I only said the ones above because they have a definite number established
#11 Posted by King Saturn (224186 posts) - - Show Bio
Norman is a Genius... plus he has the Best Waves I have ever seen in a White Guys Hair... 
#12 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shadow Sorcerer said:
"Norman is a genius, how big he is in the scale I don't know. Only in humans I can think of at least 7 people more intelligent than him: Reed Richard, Doctor Doom, Iron man, Hank Pym, Bruce Banner, Excello (or was he just an illusion?) and Amadeus Cho "

mad thinker is above him too
#13 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio

TOHOTMU Spider-man 2004

TOHOTMU 2006 1st Update
#14 Posted by darth_brendroid (1717 posts) - - Show Bio

That sounds like a good place to base it off, Morph.

#15 Posted by warlord1234 (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

I say he a genius in the field of chemistry.
#16 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Spider-Man is smart, but he's not one of the brainier characters in the Marvel universe. So if Green Goblin is continually getting his ass kicked by Spider-Man, his intelligence would seem to be slightly lower.

#17 Edited by warlord1234 (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

Getting your ass kicked does not measure intelligence.
#18 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

I say he is a step below Beast, slightly above Spider-Man. It depends on the area we are talking.

#19 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio
@warlord1234 said:
" Getting your ass kicked does not measure intelligence. "
True, but he's definitely not outsmarting Spider-Man. In fact, except for taking over SHIELD, I can't think of when he's outsmarted anyone. I know he's supposed to be intelligent, but smart is as smart does.
#20 Posted by Vance Astro (91230 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" I say he is a step below Beast, slightly above Spider-Man. It depends on the area we are talking. "
I don't think so.I think he is just as smart as Parker he just uses his scientific knowledge more.
#21 Edited by warlord1234 (1268 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jotham: 

He created the Goblin Serum, he's a brilliant strategist, and he once invented a cure for cancer. I do not have that much spider-man comics so it will be hard for me to show some feat of his intelligence.

#22 Posted by cmaprice (809 posts) - - Show Bio
@warlord1234 said:
" @Jotham: He created the Goblin Serum, he's a brilliant strategist, and he once invented a cure for cancer. I do not have that much spider-man comics so it will be hard for me to show some feat of his intelligence.    "
True. 

Norman cured cancer. Then, instead of releasing that cure, he weaponized it as a contingency against Deadpool.
#23 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

genius level. it was defined in the Goblin Cronicles. Norman understands the workings of all of the tech/science at his disposal
currently and personally re-engineered most of it.

#24 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Well this is what Stark thinks on the issue:

#25 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom: 
lol. well coming from Stark of course. that would be like Pym calling Stark stupid.
#26 Posted by warlord1234 (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

i find it strange for stark to say something like that

#27 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

He does not act smart anymore

#28 Posted by mohawkmoose12 (60 posts) - - Show Bio
@warlord1234: I don't Stark is one cocky guy
#29 Posted by warlord1234 (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

I k@mohawkmoose12 said:

" @warlord1234: I don't Stark is one cocky guy "
I knoe he is cocky. But a man of his intelligence should respect Norman intellectual abilites
#30 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" He does not act smart anymore "
Well to be fair, he can only be as smart as the guy who's writing him.
#31 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
Well to be fair, he can only be as smart as the guy who's writing him. "
HA!
#32 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
Well to be fair, he can only be as smart as the guy who's writing him. "
HA! "
double LOl. maybe the quote of the year right there.
#33 Posted by mohawkmoose12 (60 posts) - - Show Bio
@warlord1234 said:
" I k@mohawkmoose12 said:
" @warlord1234: I don't Stark is one cocky guy "
I knoe he is cocky. But a man of his intelligence should respect Norman intellectual abilites "
ya but the whole thing is the repulsors are one of tony's pet things and when you add the fact that he is cocky and the fact that norman is a prick, well damn say the same

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.