do you think norman's still insane

#1 Posted by Anti-Venom's follower (91 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

of course

#3 Posted by Vance Astro (91061 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Norman ever was actually insane.

#4 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"I don't think Norman ever was actually insane."
Have you ever read a comic where he was featured? The guy is totally gonzo. "Note to self: Give naked dictation more often. The ideas seem to flow more freely." Read Thunderbolts and then tell me Norman isn't crazy. He has full-blown dissociative identity disorder, and has since he became the Green Goblin.
#5 Posted by Nighthunter (28578 posts) - - Show Bio

well duh

#6 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

Wish he'd be the Goblin again.

#7 Edited by Dr. ? man (154 posts) - - Show Bio

As indicated when he "dealt" with the Swordsman or/and when he chased Spider-Man around in the Green Goblin gear in New Ways To Die, Norman is still insane. What Norman is doing is trying to conceal the craziness, he's doing his best smoke and mirrors bit but at some point something small (like seeing a spider make a web around his desk) is probably going to send him over the edge.

#8 Edited by Vance Astro (91061 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"Vance Astro said:
"I don't think Norman ever was actually insane."
Have you ever read a comic where he was featured? The guy is totally gonzo. "Note to self: Give naked dictation more often. The ideas seem to flow more freely." Read Thunderbolts and then tell me Norman isn't crazy. He has full-blown dissociative identity disorder, and has since he became the Green Goblin."
What I meant was..Norman's mental state was created,his mental state didn't naturally fall apart.I read Thunderbolts and it confirms what I said.Someone like Moon Knight for instance is a nutcase.He's just like that..he didn't fail an experiment on himself.Norman also seems to be more in control of his insanity than most nutjobs.It seems that something has to trigger him to make him lose it.
#9 Edited by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

Like seeing a spider?

#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91061 posts) - - Show Bio
Mr. Dead Pool said:
"Like seeing a spider?"
Yea.
#11 Posted by DMC (1550 posts) - - Show Bio

did you see the last pages of Secret Invasion : Dark Reign?

#12 Posted by SUNMAN (7139 posts) - - Show Bio
Of course he is insane. If you read any series with him as the villain this point is painfully clear.
#13 Posted by claws (5061 posts) - - Show Bio

i always thought he was one of the most insane villains ever

#14 Posted by Giuseppe Riccadonna (2071 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes and No.

#15 Posted by Vance Astro (91061 posts) - - Show Bio
DMC said:
"did you see the last pages of Secret Invasion : Dark Reign?
Yea..when Norman flipped out and killed Swordsman.He's still a fake nutjob.
#16 Posted by SUNMAN (7139 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"DMC said:
"
?????? I do not follow. He is insane cause of the Goblin formula. I know he has had some rehabilitation and is on meds now so he can keep his sanity, but mark my words, by the end of Dark Reign Norman will be back to his old self. 
#17 Posted by Vance Astro (91061 posts) - - Show Bio
SUNMAN said:
"Vance Astro said:
"DMC said:
"
?????? I do not follow. He is insane cause of the Goblin formula. I know he has had some rehabilitation and is on meds now so he can keep his sanity, but mark my words, by the end of Dark Reign Norman will be back to his old self. 
"
Norman is kind of like the Hulk.Bruce Banner is generally a cool guy and he's brilliant.If you piss him off,than he become a giant green monster.Norman is a smart man and a great inventor.He's a douchebag,but that's just his demeanor.The insane things he does are triggered now.When he was the Green Goblin..as long as he new Spider-Man was out there..he was a total basket case.Now that all of that has been erased and he doesn't know who Spider-Man is and he doesn't really have to deal with him...he's normal.As soon as something happens..he's back to crazy again.When Swordsman screwed up the first time..Norman became the Goblin again and crucified him.During Thunderbolts,he almost lost it when he said the name Steel Spider because it made him think of Spider-Man.People who are truly insane like the Joker,Moon Knight,Carnage,and the Punisher.They don't need something to set them off..they are nuts everyday.
#18 Posted by SUNMAN (7139 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"SUNMAN said:
"Vance Astro said:
"DMC said:
"
"
Norman is kind of like the Hulk.Bruce Banner is generally a cool guy and he's brilliant.If you piss him off,than he become a giant green monster.Norman is a smart man and a great inventor.He's a douchebag,but that's just his demeanor.The insane things he does are triggered now.When he was the Green Goblin..as long as he new Spider-Man was out there..he was a total basket case.Now that all of that has been erased and he doesn't know who Spider-Man is and he doesn't really have to deal with him...he's normal.As soon as something happens..he's back to crazy again.When Swordsman screwed up the first time..Norman became the Goblin again and crucified him.During Thunderbolts,he almost lost it when he said the name Steel Spider because it made him think of Spider-Man.People who are truly insane like the Joker,Moon Knight,Carnage,and the Punisher.They don't need something to set them off..they are nuts everyday.
"

I would agree you make a good point. But I think we have a differing idea of insanity. I would still view Norman as Insane. Until his rehabilitation is complete and I see a series where he does not go plum loco I will still view him as insane. I think your right that he is not completely insane, but he is not sane. He is a wolf in sheeps clothing, or more like a nut in a suite and tie. Also I disagree with your Hulk analysis. I view the Hulk and Bruce banner as two differen't beings who just seem to inhabit the same body. I think the Hulk is an entity that is well beyond schizophrenia. You could argue schizophrenia for Norman, but not the Hulk.
#19 Posted by Vance Astro (91061 posts) - - Show Bio
SUNMAN said:
"Vance Astro said:
"SUNMAN said:
"Vance Astro said:
"DMC said:
"
"
"

I would agree you make a good point. But I think we have a differing idea of insanity. I would still view Norman as Insane. Until his rehabilitation is complete and I see a series where he does not go plum loco I will still view him as insane. I think your right that he is not completely insane, but he is not sane. He is a wolf in sheeps clothing, or more like a nut in a suite and tie. Also I disagree with your Hulk analysis. I view the Hulk and Bruce banner as two differen't beings who just seem to inhabit the same body. I think the Hulk is an entity that is well beyond schizophrenia. You could argue schizophrenia for Norman, but not the Hulk.
"
Well I agree he's insane but something made him insane.
#20 Posted by wells (7 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunman:

@sunman said:
Vance Astro said:
"DMC said:
Yea..when Norman flipped out and killed Swordsman.He's still a fake nutjob."

I thought he was insane because of that whole gathering of five thing that happened near the end of amazing spider-man V1, where Norman, Mattie franklin, Madame Web and two other guys who I don't know got together with their magic stone pieces or whatever and they each were given the gifts of power, immortality, knowledge, insanity and death, like some twisted magic ritual version of Russian roulette?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.