The Next Echo?

#1 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Some of you might have remembered how WAY back in issue 50 of New Avengers, Bendis decided to get ride of Echo. Pretty much the other Avengers shrugged and said, "I don't know." and that was the end. No more mentions, or anything. Also some of you might have heard my frustration at the fact, that Noh-Varr was no longer present in Dark Avengers #6 or Dark Avengers/Uncanny X-Men: Utopia. With further looking at the book, I'm starting to think that Noh-Varr is destined to have the same fate as Echo.

The fact that Noh-Varr is not there is completely dismissed by Norman and he just moves on to a new subject. That is the exact same thing the New Avengers did when they realized that Echo was no longer with them. This is the same writer as New Avengers, so that kinda worries me. But this isn't my only  piece of evidence that he may stop being used.

Original art work of Utopia
Final Cover for Utopia #1

As you can see Noh-Varr had been removed from the final cover of the book and was never used in Utopia. Utopia is written by Matt Fraction and he is going to be taking over Dark Avengers startin with issue 7. Is it possible he wanted Noh-Varr to be removed cause he didn't like him or didn't know what to do with him? Am I just looking to much into this?
#2 Posted by D-MANN (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Do u realize how many times people "oops" in comics? Its probably a techincal thing

#3 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

No reason to get scared..I doubt he's going to be forgetten

#4 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I never even realised, to be honest.  It wouldn't surprise me if he was just unceremoniously swept under the rug..  That would be a real shame & waste, but hopefully that wont be the case... Maybe there's a higher editorial plan for him??

#5 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it doesn't happen, I liked echo and was annoyed with what happened with her. But they probably will do something with them down the road.

#6 Edited by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

SPOILER WARNING!

Alright, so I had to go looking to see if in any of the descriptions of Dark Avengers, to see if Noh-Varr would be mentioned. It seems that this Utopia thing is going to take up issue 7 and 8 for Dark Avengers. But there is hope if we wait for issue 9 of Dark Avengers and Marvel doesn't change their minds...

Poor Marvel Boy... he had no idea how sinister a gang the Dark Avengers actually is. And now he is running for his life. And poor Ares, he has no idea where his son goes while he is off being an Avenger. And now he is going to find out. And when he does... there will be hell to play. Guest-starring Nick Fury and the Secret Warriors. Oh, you heard that right. Ares versus Nick Fury! You know when Stan used to say 'nuff said? This is the kind of thing he was 'nuff saiding about!
Marvel.com
#7 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate Bendis.

#8 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" I hate Bendis. "
At least he used Sentry:)
#9 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" I hate Bendis. "
same
#10 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

I know why Vance hates Bendis, why does Pix?

#11 Edited by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" I know why Vance hates Bendis, why does Pix? "
his awful take on Moonstone. He's made her into an airhead and i can't stomach it. That whole scene she did with Noh-Varr, it hurts my stomach just thinking about it. And it's not just that she slept with him, it's how.. ditzy she was about the whole thing. I just don't care for the way he portrays any of the dark avengers.
#12 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" @Nobody said:
his awful take on Moonstone. He's made her into an airhead and i can't stomach it. That whole scene she did with Noh-Varr, it hurts my stomach just thinking about it. And it's not just that she slept with him, it's how.. ditzy she was about the whole thing. I just don't care for the way he portrays any of the dark avengers.
"
Noh-Varr isn't far cocky enough in Dark Avengers. He seems like a confused teenage who just go super powers. He was portrayed much better in Savage She-Hulk.
#13 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" @pixelized said:
" @Nobody said:
"
Noh-Varr isn't far cocky enough in Dark Avengers. He seems like a confused teenage who just go super powers. He was portrayed much better in Savage She-Hulk. "
Common Factor here seems to be BMB [Brian Michael Bendis]. He turns characters into what he wants them to be. Karla is promiscuous, Noh-Varr is the shy, quiet one, so on and so on. I'm kind of looking forward to the end of Dark reign.
#14 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Dark Reign to end, but I don't because I'm worried Noh-Varr won't be used afterwards.

#15 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" I want Dark Reign to end, but I don't because I'm worried Noh-Varr won't be used afterwards. "
he'll probably be the one to take them down
#16 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I light that, he doesn't have the power. Sentry could beat him by standing there.

#17 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

well of course he won't do it alone, and of course there will be factors to hinder sentry from going all out on anyone, but i think he may play a part in it.

#18 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Bendis gets a whole team of Avengers and every time he completely shafts the whole team.Most characters get done so dirty you almost forget they are on the team.Remember is post-Civil War run on New Avengers.Did Strange do all the work or what? His Mighty Avengers with Iron Man..same deal.Tony and Sentry did all the work.

#19 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

Noh-Varr isn't going anywhere. He's just not going to be involved in Utopia which explains his removal from the cover. There's nothing that irks me more than seeing one of my favorite characters on a cover just because they're on a team or seeing them on a cover period and then to look through it and see that they're not present. The dude just found out that he was on a team of villains, of course he's going to duck out. The dude doesn't need to be in every issue, right?

#20 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
" Noh-Varr isn't going anywhere. He's just not going to be involved in Utopia which explains his removal from the cover. There's nothing that irks me more than seeing one of my favorite characters on a cover just because they're on a team or seeing them on a cover period and then to look through it and see that they're not present. The dude just found out that he was on a team of villains, of course he's going to duck out. The dude doesn't need to be in every issue, right? "
It would be sweet if he was in at least half:P

@Vance Astro said:
" Bendis gets a whole team of Avengers and every time he completely shafts the whole team.Most characters get done so dirty you almost forget they are on the team.Remember is post-Civil War run on New Avengers.Did Strange do all the work or what? His Mighty Avengers with Iron Man..same deal.Tony and Sentry did all the work. "
Dark Avengers have been all about Iron Patriot and Sentry so far.

@pixelized said:
" well of course he won't do it alone, and of course there will be factors to hinder sentry from going all out on anyone, but i think he may play a part in it. "
I've thought that if what I posted above is right(the spoiler) he should be back in September. Dark Reign is supposed to be done by the end of the year. That would leave him enough issues to find some way to fight against them, either joining another team or whatever.

#21 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" @iLLituracy said:
" Noh-Varr isn't going anywhere. He's just not going to be involved in Utopia which explains his removal from the cover. There's nothing that irks me more than seeing one of my favorite characters on a cover just because they're on a team or seeing them on a cover period and then to look through it and see that they're not present. The dude just found out that he was on a team of villains, of course he's going to duck out. The dude doesn't need to be in every issue, right? "
It would be sweet if he was in at least half:P

@Vance Astro said:
" Bendis gets a whole team of Avengers and every time he completely shafts the whole team.Most characters get done so dirty you almost forget they are on the team.Remember is post-Civil War run on New Avengers.Did Strange do all the work or what? His Mighty Avengers with Iron Man..same deal.Tony and Sentry did all the work. "
Dark Avengers have been all about Iron Patriot and Sentry so far.

@pixelized said:
" well of course he won't do it alone, and of course there will be factors to hinder sentry from going all out on anyone, but i think he may play a part in it. "
I've thought that if what I posted above is right(the spoiler) he should be back in September. Dark Reign is supposed to be done by the end of the year. That would leave him enough issues to find some way to fight against them, either joining another team or whatever. "
Understandably. I felt the same way about USAgent not being present in the last issue of Mighty Avengers despite the issue being rather enjoyable.
#22 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if you'd consider this to be good news, but I just read this about Noh-Varr from CBR:

Kiel Phegley: Finally, steveg887 asks, "Joe, what can we expect to see from Noh-Varr in that upcoming weeks and months? Anything special planned?" The character’s popping up in Jason Aaron's "The List: Wolverine" one-shot. Is he sliding back towards the X-Men universe or will he continue to be a part of the cosmic story line?

Joe Quesada: There are big plans for Noh-Varr. Very, very big plans. I would expect to find him knee deep in the core Marvel Universe more than anywhere else.

Let me also note that “The List” is not a crossover. It's eight connected one-shots, but each one can be read on its own. It's not a typical 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 crossover at all.

#23 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't think he was going anywhere since they seemed to developing something with him and Moonstone. I don't mean they're having a serious relationship, but their interaction is definitely leading somewhere (which the solicit for 9 seemed to support). While I'm not the biggest fan of how Noh-Varr is portrayed (I've said it before, he should be like a young, much smarter Namor, not just some kid with powers), I don't really mind the rest of how the team is written. It's the first time I've liked a few of the characters on it.

#24 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: Thanks for the news!

@Buckshot said:
" I didn't think he was going anywhere since they seemed to developing something with him and Moonstone. I don't mean they're having a serious relationship, but their interaction is definitely leading somewhere (which the solicit for 9 seemed to support). While I'm not the biggest fan of how Noh-Varr is portrayed (I've said it before, he should be like a young, much smarter Namor, not just some kid with powers), I don't really mind the rest of how the team is written. It's the first time I've liked a few of the characters on it. "
He should be much cockier in Dark Avengers. He seems like kid who just developed powers yet he has already faced the Avengers in alternate realities, Galactus's, etc.

#25 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

I've learned not to trust what is said in interviews, but Bendis says he has big plans for Noh-Varr.

WARNING: Spoilers for upcoming story arcs for other comics/characters Bendis is working on:

#26 Posted by Omg chris (1607 posts) - - Show Bio

i really hope he stays and plays a big role in dark avengers or maybe fights against them who knows

#27 Posted by Mar-Vell, Cosmic Badass (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey people Noh-Varr isn't about to be forgotten there just doing the X-men crossover then they'll tackle the stories they left off on. And whats with the Brian Micheal Bendis haters? Seriously he hasn't even had a chance to begin on Dark Avengers he had to introduce the whole Thunderbolts thing to non-readers but look at it this way he has brought the Avengers to the 21st century. Before he took over at disassembled the Avengers were doing the same thing over and over again and just shrugging it off, He changed that and now the Avengers have had multiple series and are one of the best  written series in the Marvel Universe. He is trying to tackle this crossover and then he'll be back to his character development. The only thing I don't like about Bendis is how hes turned that loser Luke Cage into a main character in New Avengers other then that hes been descent. And no offence to any one but Dark Rein isn't going any where until mid to late 2010 its supposed to be the biggest marvel story-arch for the decade and so far its been good, just remember its just getting started.

#28 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" I hate Bendis. "
Haha, I thought you used to love him?
#29 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" I hate Bendis. "
Haha, I thought you used to love him? "
I did actually.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.