Follow

Noh-Varr

Character » Noh-Varr appears in 510 issues.

Noh-Varr was the youngest member of a Kree diplomatic team that was blown out of the sky after reaching Earth. Noh-Varr was the only one who survived. He then vowed vengeance on all mankind but was later tasked with protecting them in the name of the Kree, becoming Captain Marvel and later the Protector. After being forced out of the Avengers, he would then become a part of the Young Avengers.

Noh-Vell: Teen treatment of a Marvel, yet they don't use his name

Avatar image for mar_vell_liberation_front
    Mar-Vell Liberation Front

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Lemme see here....Kree guy, represent alienated feelings we all get, then stuck here for whatever reason, decides to rebel and defend Earth? 

I dunno, does that sound familiar to you? 

LOL 

I'll be back with more later. 

EDIT: No, I have no hatred toward you or anybody else, it's not PERSONAL, bro.  I haven't said anything against you personally, what you like is what you like, I'm happy for you. ;)  

However, you have to know that this "Noh-Varr as Mar-Vell" is obviously supposed to be a teenage reinvisionment of Mar-Vell that still hits on every major marvel storypoint of the original character. 

If you want to keep it real for Noh_varr, he can't be the hero that Mar-Vell is. A Villain perhaps. 

Think about it, Kree soldier (not a Captain, an ensign aboard a ship called what? "THe Marvel") 

Bendis has gone on record saying that Kree-Skrull war is one of his biggest influences. Have you read it? Have you ever read Original Marvel, besides Death of...or one of the Starlin collections of #25-34? 

Even Comic Book Resoureces, I have a couple friends that read it, that are eduacted comics readers (not that you aren't, but hear me out), have shown me that CRB itself backed the teenage alienation we all feel at certain times in our life (especially nowadays) wrote an article promoting this...obviously shared by Bendis, where much like Kree-Skrull war, Mar-Vell makes an "Omni Wave Projector" from scrap materials....(Sound familiar to DA #1?) which can be used as an intergalactic communication device, and destroys it because because it  can be used as a weapon of mass destruction. 

Didn't you see that in this piece of garbage (my opinion) DA annual #1? 

It's the same story, yeah, it might be hepped up a bit, but it's the same basic story line....The Kree Warrior looking at us through an alien's eyes, even morseo than Superman, because he didn't just land here, like a falling boy. He was the best trained warrior before, so the decision to rebel, the hardest decision he ever had to made, he was "EXILED"...there's a difference. 

That's what made him different. 

Kree Warrior sent to Earth, becomes anti-hero, then decides to become a hero after being smitten with the big pciture, with "new" nega bands, a new similiar to original Kree Soldier suit (yet still unique...ugh...thanks Space Ghost) then becomes defender of Earth? 

And you're telling me this is true because of the superior modern day art and realizing to streamline the story? Man, you're talking a 30 year difference here....Marvel comic fans, whether they agree or disagree with us, at least know that. 

It's a HACK.

If you are a fan of the Captain Marvel franchise, as I know (or at least seem to be) you are, it's common sense that Noh-Varr as Captain Marvel (aka. "Noh-vell") is merely a hack job at trying to recreate Captain Marvel, the original Mar-Vell in an Ultimate Spiderman kind of way.  

Bendis, as any comic writer genius influenced by the original Mar-Vell run, not just the Starlin stuff or the first Marvel Graphic Novel, has realized that this character had a flew flaws in it's production, namely taking 17 issues to finally get his origina together.

That's nothing to say against you for enjoying the Marvel Boy Morrison work, but more a common sense observation of re-encapsulating the Mar-Vell story in a more stream line way, almost similiar to when they made [insert Marvel Legens like Iron Man, Spidey, Captain Marvel] do the same. 

It could even be like the Bucky becoming Cap, or Dick becoming Bats...except with this one, they can get away with the hack job because these characters have been around, it doesn't make sense to do that. Think about it, it's like an aquaintance or two I've met on this internet say, that doesn't work with Captain Marvel, and even if it did, you'd have to use the original hero for it to even have that kind of imapact. 

They could at least give him his name, like someone else said, the death resurection, although maybe used, could really be used in this comic, and still properly showcase that alienation rebel turns hero thing. 

I mean what are you not seeing that's teenybooper Mar-Vell, as if we have to be old guys to "get it"? 

I don't mean to rant, but seriously, that's their teenage "safe" Mar-Vell with a new name. That's not a diss on your "boy" and I stress "boy" here. 

The Captain Marvel the real one's story could be taken in a groundbreaking way....He's allegedly DEAD, remember?

Yeah, so what? Read the CM run. 

It is teenage Mar-Vell, they just didn't want to make the move in using the real thing. 

These are reasons why, Marvel's Captain Marvel any one of them, with the exception of Mar-Vell will never get any further in the long run, because they're going that extra step and doing something with it. 

Okay, Noh-Varr is a better Clone than Genis....so what? Is that even true? 

I'm sorry but it's like some people were saying somewhere, new styles may come and go, but the ones that last are always your favorite pair of jeans.    
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#1  Edited By The_Martian

You are still upset over this?

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By iLLituracy

Noh-Varr. Not Noh-Vell.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By King_Saturn
    stop drinking the Haterade buddy... 
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Martian
    @iLLituracy said:
    " Noh-Varr. Not Noh-Vell. "
    He did it on purpose. He is trying to convince everyone that Noh-Varr is a ripoff of Mar-Vell.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Nobody said:
    " @iLLituracy said:
    He did it on purpose. He is trying to convince everyone that Noh-Varr is a ripoff of Mar-Vell. "
    He's nothing like Mar-Vell...
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Martian

This guy seems to think so. Check out any of his threads in the Noh-Varr forum. They are all hate threads about Noh-Varr being a ripoff.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By iLLituracy
    @Nobody said:
    " @iLLituracy said:
    He did it on purpose. He is trying to convince everyone that Noh-Varr is a ripoff of Mar-Vell. "
    Ah, I see. That's dumb.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Nobody said:
    " This guy seems to think so. Check out any of his threads in the Noh-Varr forum. They are all hate threads about Noh-Varr being a ripoff. "
    I never understood how people could say that a Marvel character can be a rip-off of another Marvel character especially when Noh-Varr was created for the purpose of being the new Captain Marvel.Mar-Vell sucks anyway.Nobody even cares about him accept Mar-Vell Liberation Front.Noh-Varr will be the best character to ever use the name Captain Marvel next to Monica Rambeau.
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Martian

This guy is just upset cause he wants Mar-Vell back.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Nobody said:
    " This guy is just upset cause he wants Mar-Vell back. "
    I would rather have Genis back.
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Martian

I'm fine with Noh :)

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#12  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Nobody said:
    "I'm fine with Noh :) "
    Lol, there's a shocker :P 

But I do hate it when people make hate threads...and it's not even a good hate thread either :(
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mar-Vell Liberation Front said:
    " I'll be back with more later. "
    hurry. everyones on their tippy-toes.
    Avatar image for mar_vell_liberation_front
    Mar-Vell Liberation Front

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Nobody just commented on your Blog: "Noh-Vell: Teen treatment of a Marvel, yet they don't use his name".

"This guy is just upset cause he wants Mar-Vell back."

To see the comment thread, follow the link below:
    Noh-Vell: Teen treatment of a Marvel, yet they don't use his name

To change your notification preferences, follow the link below:
    Notification Preferences

Thanks, Comic Vine

Private Message by Mar-Vell Liberation Front

Well, yes and no. It's true I want Mar-Vell back, sure, not like that's any kind of secret there, Einstein. 

However, everything I said is true. So personal feelings are irrelevant. You wanna buy that garbage go ahead, LOL ;) 

* peace bro

Private Message by Nobody

You are the one who has created multiple hate threads and you are going to talk to me about personal feelings?

Private Message by Mar-Vell Liberation Front

No, I have no hatred toward you or anybody else, it's not PERSONAL, bro.  I haven't said anything against you personally, what you like is what you like, I'm happy for you. ;)  

However, you have to know that this "Noh-Varr as Mar-Vell" is obviously supposed to be a teenage reinvisionment of Mar-Vell that still hits on every major marvel storypoint of the original character. 

If you want to keep it real for Noh_varr, he can't be the hero that Mar-Vell is. A Villain perhaps. 

Think about it, Kree soldier (not a Captain, an ensign aboard a ship called what? "THe Marvel") 

Bendis has gone on record saying that Kree-Skrull war is one of his biggest influences. Have you read it? Have you ever read Original Marvel, besides Death of...or one of the Starlin collections of #25-34? 

Even Comic Book Resoureces, I have a couple friends that read it, that are eduacted comics readers (not that you aren't, but hear me out), have shown me that CRB itself backed the teenage alienation we all feel at certain times in our life (especially nowadays) wrote an article promoting this...obviously shared by Bendis, where much like Kree-Skrull war, Mar-Vell makes an "Omni Wave Projector" from scrap materials....(Sound familiar to DA #1?) which can be used as an intergalactic communication device, and destroys it because because it  can be used as a weapon of mass destruction. 

Didn't you see that in this piece of garbage (my opinion) DA annual #1? 

It's the same story, yeah, it might be hepped up a bit, but it's the same basic story line....The Kree Warrior looking at us through an alien's eyes, even morseo than Superman, because he didn't just land here, like a falling boy. He was the best trained warrior before, so the decision to rebel, the hardest decision he ever had to made, he was "EXILED"...there's a difference. 

That's what made him different. 

Kree Warrior sent to Earth, becomes anti-hero, then decides to become a hero after being smitten with the big pciture, with "new" nega bands, a new similiar to original Kree Soldier suit (yet still unique...ugh...thanks Space Ghost) then becomes defender of Earth? 

And you're telling me this is true because of the superior modern day art and realizing to streamline the story? Man, you're talking a 30 year difference here....Marvel comic fans, whether they agree or disagree with us, at least know that. 

It's a HACK.

If you are a fan of the Captain Marvel franchise, as I know (or at least seem to be) you are, it's common sense that Noh-Varr as Captain Marvel (aka. "Noh-vell") is merely a hack job at trying to recreate Captain Marvel, the original Mar-Vell in an Ultimate Spiderman kind of way.  

Bendis, as any comic writer genius influenced by the original Mar-Vell run, not just the Starlin stuff or the first Marvel Graphic Novel, has realized that this character had a flew flaws in it's production, namely taking 17 issues to finally get his origina together.

That's nothing to say against you for enjoying the Marvel Boy Morrison work, but more a common sense observation of re-encapsulating the Mar-Vell story in a more stream line way, almost similiar to when they made [insert Marvel Legens like Iron Man, Spidey, Captain Marvel] do the same. 

It could even be like the Bucky becoming Cap, or Dick becoming Bats...except with this one, they can get away with the hack job because these characters have been around, it doesn't make sense to do that. Think about it, it's like an aquaintance or two I've met on this internet say, that doesn't work with Captain Marvel, and even if it did, you'd have to use the original hero for it to even have that kind of imapact. 

They could at least give him his name, like someone else said, the death resurection, although maybe used, could really be used in this comic, and still properly showcase that alienation rebel turns hero thing. 

I mean what are you not seeing that's teenybooper Mar-Vell, as if we have to be old guys to "get it"? 

I don't mean to rant, but seriously, that's their teenage "safe" Mar-Vell with a new name. That's not a diss on your "boy" and I stress "boy" here. 

The Captain Marvel the real one's story could be taken in a groundbreaking way....He's allegedly DEAD, remember?

Yeah, so what? Read the CM run. 

It is teenage Mar-Vell, they just didn't want to make the move in using the real thing. 

These are reasons why, Marvel's Captain Marvel any one of them, with the exception of Mar-Vell will never get any further in the long run, because they're going that extra step and doing something with it. 

Okay, Noh-Varr is a better Clone than Genis....so what? Is that even true? 

I'm sorry but it's like some people were saying somewhere, new styles may come and go, but the ones that last are always your favorite pair of jeans.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Caligula

I want Mar-Vell back to bro, but you are getting outrageous.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Why isn't this locked? It's only going to attract flame wars.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:

" Why isn't this locked? It's only going to attract flame wars. "

agreed. especially with the PM's this guy is sending everyone (i blocked the ones i got).

seriously MLF, people like what they like, and you like what you like, nothing wrong with that.
    and picking fights and PMing folks over fictional characters and decisions made by a comics company
    is pretty uncool.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.