New Name?

#1 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

Protector? I would have thought after his upgrade he would have kept the Captain Marvel name.

I also like how they make it almost seem like sleeping with Moonstone made him run away.

#2 Posted by Precise (22886 posts) - - Show Bio

Protector?... that's the best they could come up with?..

#3 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

Protector? haha! that reeks of fail!

#4 Edited by Captainess Boricua (6731 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonderful... so now Noh-Varr not only looks goofy as all hell with that horrible costume now he has a less than stellar codename to add to that. 

Why must you toy with him so much, Marvel?!

#5 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF! Why would they give him such a horrible name. Thanks for screwing up a great character.

#6 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

My only hope is that is just a shortened version of his title and he'll still go by Captain Marvel. Because after getting the new Nega-Bands, he was giving the title of Protector of Earth.

#7 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, i gagged at that. LAAAAAAME!!!!

#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:
" yeah, i gagged at that. LAAAAAAME!!!! "
#9 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7667 posts) - - Show Bio

#10 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

#11 Posted by Captainess Boricua (6731 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE: That's just wrong... and yet funny.

Poor Noh...
#12 Posted by SwingsetTragedy (92 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captainess Boricua:
Wait I'm confused does he use his Superpowers or just GAdgets 
#13 Posted by bingbangboom (746 posts) - - Show Bio

I would wait to see what they do with the character. I think it is possible they didn't want to keep using the Captain Marvel name because of some confusion with the characters, Ms. Marvel and Marvelman coming back.

#14 Posted by Archetype (731 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I guess it's not as bad as "Rescue" which was Pepper Potts self appointed code name.Still though it is lame why not just stick with his real name?

#15 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

lose the cowl/mask whatever its called and its not that bad of a suit to me, but the combination of suit and name really lose points in my rating system

#16 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12915 posts) - - Show Bio

the mask is the only part of the suit that i dont like, he still has a wy to go before he actually earns the Captain Marvel codename but i could definitely see him taking it up one day

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.