I like the new look too.

#3 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio

Worst costume ever....

#4 Posted by Argentino_18 (955 posts) - - Show Bio

It's pretty cool! 

#5 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34404 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't say I like it...

#6 Posted by AtPhantom (14458 posts) - - Show Bio

He looks like a cross between Punisher and Bob, agent of hydra. Disgusting.

#7 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

I like his old costume way better

#8 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19709 posts) - - Show Bio

looks like a darker version of the normal Kree gear
#9 Posted by danhimself (21901 posts) - - Show Bio

it's better then the short shorts but it still just looks like a normal Kree uniform...they should have gave him Captain Marvel's old uniform

#10 Posted by raidenexe (36 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he looks goofy.
#11 Posted by marth99 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he looks like a character on Adult swim. That was the worst part of the comic.

#12 Posted by iLLituracy (13522 posts) - - Show Bio

His old uniform was dumber than this one, but this one does look silly. They should have at least tried to give his new getup a little relevance.

#13 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
" His old uniform was dumber than this one, but this one does look silly. They should have at least tried to give his new getup a little relevance. "
I don't see what's silly about this....it's a pretty normal costume...... 

#14 Edited by EdwardWindsor (14026 posts) - - Show Bio

the costume looks like deadpools in alternative colours with a couple ironman power units and constrictors eyes lol

#15 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

Where's this from? It wouldn't look so bad without that hood.

#16 Posted by Archetype (731 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: His shorts...he's like the Dangle of the Marvel Universe.I'm not saying that people/superheroes can't wear shorts I just never really cared for his look with the shorts.

That being said this is a horrible redesign apart from the very top of the head piece which of course displays his Kree heritage.It looks nothing like what a Kree inter-dimensional peace keeper spliced with insect DNA should look.
#17 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hoping it will look better when drawn by another artist.

#18 Posted by iLLituracy (13522 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @iLLituracy said:
" His old uniform was dumber than this one, but this one does look silly. They should have at least tried to give his new getup a little relevance. "
I don't see what's silly about this....it's a pretty normal costume...... 

"
The dude wore shorts with boots. The Kree symbol on his chest wasn't appealing, either. Nor was his wrist cuffs. Those were the big things that destroyed his costume design for me. It's not so much bad as it was unappealing.

The new one doesn't even look Kree to me or even relevant to the Marvel name, but I think it's a solid design even if it's lacking.
#19 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
The dude wore shorts with boots. The Kree symbol on his chest wasn't appealing, either. Nor was his wrist cuffs. Those were the big things that destroyed his costume design for me. It's not so much bad as it was unappealing.  The new one doesn't even look Kree to me or even relevant to the Marvel name, but I think it's a solid design even if it's lacking. "
I don't like the costume either.I just don't see how it's "silly" the design is very generic. 
#20 Posted by iLLituracy (13522 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @iLLituracy said:
The dude wore shorts with boots. The Kree symbol on his chest wasn't appealing, either. Nor was his wrist cuffs. Those were the big things that destroyed his costume design for me. It's not so much bad as it was unappealing.  The new one doesn't even look Kree to me or even relevant to the Marvel name, but I think it's a solid design even if it's lacking. "
I don't like the costume either.I just don't see how it's "silly" the design is very generic.  "
Oh, you meant what I said about the new one. I was talking about the mask, like...I don't know if it's Bachalo's art, but it just looks really cartoony, especially on this page. The mask doesn't look as bad on the page where he puts it on after his fight with the Sentry. The lenses are way too wide and Kree militia helmets like the one Mar-Vell wore back when he first came to Earth only have one fin thing if that's what they were going off of. Them adding two more and widening the lenses so wide just makes it look silly to me.
#21 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @iLLituracy said:
I don't like the costume either.I just don't see how it's "silly" the design is very generic.  "
Oh, you meant what I said about the new one. I was talking about the mask, like...I don't know if it's Bachalo's art, but it just looks really cartoony, especially on this page. The mask doesn't look as bad on the page where he puts it on after his fight with the Sentry. The lenses are way too wide and Kree militia helmets like the one Mar-Vell wore back when he first came to Earth only have one fin thing if that's what they were going off of. Them adding two more and widening the lenses so wide just makes it look silly to me. "
I think maybe it's the art.If someone better drew it,it might look better.The entire picture sucks as far as i'm concerned.
#22 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @iLLituracy said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @iLLituracy said:
Oh, you meant what I said about the new one. I was talking about the mask, like...I don't know if it's Bachalo's art, but it just looks really cartoony, especially on this page. The mask doesn't look as bad on the page where he puts it on after his fight with the Sentry. The lenses are way too wide and Kree militia helmets like the one Mar-Vell wore back when he first came to Earth only have one fin thing if that's what they were going off of. Them adding two more and widening the lenses so wide just makes it look silly to me. "
I think maybe it's the art.If someone better drew it,it might look better.The entire picture sucks as far as i'm concerned. "
@Nobody said:
" I'm hoping it will look better when drawn by another artist. "
#23 Posted by Meteorite (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

I just don't like the mask. The rest of it is okay, but the goggles have to go!

#24 Posted by ArtJoker (521 posts) - - Show Bio

It's OK, i dug the older one cause it was so different from anything else, but i guess a new purpose calls for new costume right?

#25 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18683 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" Worst costume ever.... "
#26 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Reminds me of Space Ghost..

#27 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I realize what bothers me the most about it. Whenever I look at his head I think of a turtle. It might just be the way the artist drew the shape of his head with the giant eyes. But that is all I see is Turtle Man.

#28 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andferne said:
" Reminds me of Space Ghost.. "
Lol.It doesn't kind of resemble Space Ghost.I will reserve my judgement in all seriousness for this costume.I didn't like Ross' Captain America redesign at first and after a while I loved Bucky's costume.I'll wait until some better artists get on this.Deodoto Jr.,Cho,Yu might do it some justice.
#29 Posted by pixelized (62881 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andferne said:
I said the same thing!
#30 Posted by Peterobe (115 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andferne said:
totally
#31 Edited by DMC (1549 posts) - - Show Bio

Only problem I have so far is the headgear. Let his hair hang out.  
Othen than that I'll wait till I see another artist draw his new costume.
#32 Posted by Fatal (2072 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks....

horrible. That's the only word I can think of to describe it.

#33 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

I like this costume
#34 Posted by PrimeDirective (449 posts) - - Show Bio

Curiously, this is the same artist who designed and drew Karima Shapandar's newest look in X-Men. I mean really... Obvious recycled costume design is obvious...

#35 Posted by Barbie (826 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe if we had a better drawn picture of it (Deodato anyone?)... but this one? No, don't like it.

#36 Posted by The Devil Tiger (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh !  

"throw up"
#37 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio

I almost spit up my lunch laughing in Phantom of the Attic when I turned to this. It's not Noh-Varr's style: agile, acrobatic, kinetic. It's not overly flashy or silly, but it doesn't fit at all.

#38 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" I like his old costume way better "
@danhimself said:
" .they should have gave him Captain Marvel's old uniform "
motto on both
#39 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad he wasn't given the original Mar-Vell costume. He is his own character and should have his own look. That and it doesn't fit him very well.

No thank you
#40 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio

yet it would have fit the character. He has been wanting to live up to Captain Marvel's name, he adopted the name and the supposed purpose of Marvel so why not the costume? That he uses the same costume doesn't mean he is the same character

#41 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Its just not fitting for him. Not his style. Maybe these new Nega-Bands will give him powers more fitting for him, they were made just for him.

#42 Posted by sora_thekey (8105 posts) - - Show Bio

Where is this from!?!?!
#43 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey said:
" Where is this from!?!?! "
Dark Avengers Annual.

#44 Posted by sora_thekey (8105 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody: Great now I have to read this!!!
#45 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio

which reminds me wasn't the supreme intelligence destroyed before? Could be a plot twist of someone pretending to be the supreme intelligence but I'll go with the safe bet here and say that Bendis forgot about continuity....again

#46 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nighthunter said:
" which reminds me wasn't the supreme intelligence destroyed before? Could be a plot twist of someone pretending to be the supreme intelligence but I'll go with the safe bet here and say that Bendis forgot about continuity....again "
I was thinking this same thing. I haven't been keeping up with War of Kings, but last I read Black Bolt was leading the Kree as well as Inhumans.
#47 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
, but last I read Black Bolt was leading the Kree as well as Inhumans. "
I think he still is.
#48 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Nobody said:
I think he still is. "
The Bendis screwed up again or this is another trick against Noh-Varr.
#49 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio

um let's say that Black Bolt ain't leading anything right now......

#50 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Nobody said:
I think he still is. "
The Bendis screwed up again or this is another trick against Noh-Varr. "
<------------Is betting on a Bendis failure.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.