Follow

Noh-Varr

Character » Noh-Varr appears in 510 issues.

Noh-Varr was the youngest member of a Kree diplomatic team that was blown out of the sky after reaching Earth. Noh-Varr was the only one who survived. He then vowed vengeance on all mankind but was later tasked with protecting them in the name of the Kree, becoming Captain Marvel and later the Protector. After being forced out of the Avengers, he would then become a part of the Young Avengers.

Continuity question

scuzz2.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By scuzz2.0

i am a bit behind so i might be wrong. how could the supreme inteligence give him  nega bands if  the SI has been dead  for ages?

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Ya I was wondering that myself, I figured they were given to him before it was killed.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3  Edited By The_Martian

Bendis doesn't pay attention, unless he was supposed to be contacting the Supreme Intelligence from his Earth.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Well the first part makes perfect sense.. not so sure on the second part :) but I guess its just as likely

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5  Edited By The_Martian

I'm assuming its the 1st one too. But the 2nd one doesn't make me feel as bad about what they are doing.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nova`Prime`

I agree, but I do hope its the alternate reality SI, if not Bendis is ignoring one of the best story arcs in the last twenty years from Marvel.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By danhimself

or maybe it's neither and someone is setting up Noh Varr in a bad way

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Bendis plans a good story, but I don't have that much faith in him actually implementing said plan.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

okay fine. first off, the Supreme Intelligence hasn't been dead for ages, its body was destroyed in Annihilation. fortunately for it its a computer program in essence and doesnt require a body to survive. 
    it was later reactivated by the Phalanx in Annihilation Conquest. Noh-varr continued to fix it using the technology of The Raft and the Plex Intelligence, another house for the Supreme Intelligences database.
    after leaving the Raft, and the Dark Avengers, Noh-Varr resumed making contact by rebuilding the machine he was using to communicate with it in an apartment, and it sent a message back finally via a hologram, and imbued him with Nega-Bands specifically designed for him and pronounced him Protector of Earth. Bendis missed nothing, and this has been continued in pretty much every Noh-varr stoyr since prior to Secret Invasion (most of which Bendis didnt write).

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Okay so the Supreme Intelligence is "alive" (lack of a better word). Is there a reason he wasn't brought up at all during WoKs or RoKs? Did Noh-varr remove the SI from Kree space? I mean that's a big thing for Abnett and/or Lanning to miss throughout those two events.

scuzz2.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By scuzz2.0

ok so even if you can explain this away (witch you cant) why would the kree empire just hand away an incredibly powerfull weapon to protect a planet that they dont give a shit about when the kree are at war. the empire is in ruins and are under constant threat of attack so they just give away something that could help them win the war? that is called BULLSHIT writing!!
    scuzz2.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By scuzz2.0

i stopped reading most avenger books, has this been resolved yet?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.