AvX and Noh-Varr (Spoilers)

• 51 results
#1 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

I was worried when the news of a new Captain marvel broke because that robs Noh-Varr of his one story and makes him purely expendable for the sake of this event. But now I see the solicitation for june's issue of Avengers:

Avengers (2010) #27

AVENGERS #27 BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (w) • WALT SIMONSON (a/c)

AVX TIE-IN!

• With the events of AVX raging around them, an Avenger betrays the team!

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Noh-varr fans: we might as well say goodbye to the character now since not only is his story being completely abandoned but they're making him a traitor which means they can be 'justified' to kill him off. >:(

#2 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

Never judge a comic by it's cover. Have faith in Ma-bffff hahahaha. in Marv-lol I can't even say type that with a strait face

#3 Posted by Mercy_ (91888 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackArmor

Never judge a comic by it's cover. Have faith in Ma-bffff hahahaha. in Marv-lol I can't even say type that with a strait face

I echo this sentiment exactly.
#4 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering what a major suckfest the current Avengers book is, I'd say it's one of the few titles it's ok to judge by a cover.

#5 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Just noticed the Secret Avengers solicit:

SECRET AVENGERS #28

RICK REMENDER (w) • RENATO GUEDES (a)

Cover by ALAN DAVIS

ASM IN MOTION VARIANT ALSO AVAILIBLE AVX TIE-IN!

• The Avengers have devised a way to save the Kree homeworld from the Phoenix, but one man stands in their way – Captain Marvel!

• Can Ms. Marvel and The Protector break free of Minister Marvel’s influence to aid their former companions?

• When all else fails, one Avenger must rise and make the ultimate sacrifice…but will his death be enough?

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

>:(

#6 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

...............um....curse you Bendis? Yeah I'm gonna go with that.

#7 Posted by TDK_1997 (15123 posts) - - Show Bio

That's Marvel.It means that they will kill him in the stupidest way ever.

#8 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Why can't Marvel see the potential in this character instead of just making him a traitor and killing him for some crummy event.

#9 Posted by CATPANEXE (9357 posts) - - Show Bio

What a shame, he's one of my favorite characters. Then again they've done nothing but take his character from being something really complex and interesting to a comic character equivalent of flat soda, and I kind of felt like they killed him shortly after putting that Protector costume on him anyways.

#10 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

Why can't Marvel see the potential in this character instead of just making him a traitor and killing him for some crummy event.

Cause their Marvel?

#11 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@CATPANEXE said:

What a shame, he's one of my favorite characters. Then again they've done nothing but take his character from being something really complex and interesting to a comic character equivalent of flat soda, and I kind of felt like they killed him shortly after putting that Protector costume on him anyways.

QFT

#12 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

@CATPANEXE said:

QFT

QFT time 2, because sometimes, certain things need to be fckin' remembered.

#13 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

From Avengers #25...

So damn transparent they're just looking for a corpse for this event ¬_¬

#14 Posted by primepower53 (5591 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel is just filled with fackin idiots.

#15 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

What should've been:

Noh-Varr as Captain Marvel
#16 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio
@X35 said:

Considering what a major suckfest the current Avengers book is, I'd say it's one of the few titles it's ok to judge by a cover.

You can judge it by the writer alone, forget the cover.  

@X35 said: 

True, but there's a good chance it'll be Cyke, you should be happy. 
#17 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: There's no way Noh-Varr is not dying in this event though...

#18 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio
@X35: He might tell the Supremer to go f*ck itself, and say that he won't betray his friends. There's a good chance he won't be Protector after it if that happens, but that identity is not at all popular anyway. 
#19 Edited by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: Yeeaaaaaaaaah, I don't think that's happening...

AVENGERS #26 BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (w) • WALT SIMONSON (a/c)

• AVX TIE-IN!

One of the Avengers must betray the team to fill their destiny with the Phoenix.

• A game-changer for the Avengers franchise...and it is not who you think!

• Comics legend Walt Simonson is back!!

AVENGERS #27 BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (w) • WALT SIMONSON (a/c)

AVX TIE-IN!

• With the events of AVX raging around them, an Avenger betrays the team!

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

SECRET AVENGERS #26

• Avx Tie-In!

• Thor Leads A Secret Team Of Avengers On A Suicide Mission To Stop The Phoenix By Any Means Necessary!

SECRET AVENGERS #27

• AVX TIE-IN!

• Captain Marvel reborn to unite all Kree!

Captain Marvel, The Protector and Ms. Marvel vs The Avengers!

• Who is Minister Marvel and why has he drawn the Phoenix to the Kree homeworld?

SECRET AVENGERS #28

Cover by ALAN DAVIS

ASM IN MOTION VARIANT ALSO AVAILIBLE AVX TIE-IN!

• The Avengers have devised a way to save the Kree homeworld from the Phoenix, but one man stands in their way – Captain Marvel!

• Can Ms. Marvel and The Protector break free of Minister Marvel’s influence to aid their former companions?

• When all else fails, one Avenger must rise and make the ultimate sacrifice…but will his death be enough?

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

#20 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio
@X35: Ah.  

Yeah, he's dead. Sorry =T
#21 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: It's annoying me more just how damn unsubtle they are about it ¬_¬

#22 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

Me thinks that this is just another useless tie-in. Personally, Noh-Varr's been used so poorly, that I really don't care if he lives or dies. lol

And while we're talking about Avengers #25, does anyone else get as angry as I do when Thor talks like that? He hasn't talked like Shakespeare in a while. Stop trying to bring it back.

#23 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, in this week's Secret Avengers it's implied that it's the Phoenix Force'd Mar-Vell corpse that's making Noh-Varr and Ms Marvel act against the Avengers.

#24 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Bumping this again because the guy doesn't stand a chance of making it out of this event alive.

#25 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

Fck this sh!t.

#26 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

i could have lived with that, since they won't bring back Mar-Vell!

#27 Posted by Shutdown (96 posts) - - Show Bio

He was underused for so long, and finally when he's getting exposure he's supposed to die. Man I really hate Bendis even more.

#28 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shutdown said:

He was underused for so long, and finally when he's getting exposure he's supposed to die. Man I really hate Bendis even more.

They're using him just so that we remember who he is before he dies.

#29 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35: pats

#30 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Illuminatus (9489 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus: You could say that............but the guy's gonna be stuck in limbo for a while now. either that or predictable gonna save the day at the end of avx (and probably die doing so and "redeeming" himself).....so out of one frying pan and into another for noh-varr fans ¬_¬

#33 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35: Hold the f*ck up. He betrayed earth? How is this any better than Death. -____________________________________________-

#36 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: He launched the Avengers into the sun.......seriously.

#37 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

@ReVamp: He launched the Avengers into the sun.......seriously.

Wait...

How. No. Why. No. What?

I don't even...

Seriously, f*ck AvX. lol.

I'm going to read this. Just so I can rant about.

#38 Posted by Dernman (15813 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@X35: Hold the f*ck up. He betrayed earth? How is this any better than Death. -____________________________________________-

#39 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp:

@X35 said:

From Avengers #25...

#41 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

STUPID.

#42 Posted by Dernman (15813 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by Remi (613 posts) - - Show Bio

lol.

#44 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@Remi said:

lol.

STUPID.

#45 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

@ReVamp said:

@Dernman said:

He tried to make up for it by betraying the Kree but the Avengers wouldn't take him back. So now he is hated By the Kree and not welcome on Earth.
But why did he betray the Avengers in the first place? He's not f*cking stupid Marvel.
Just following orders.

Still Stupid though.

Okay, if I'm to be serious for a second, I really don't know how to judge it, so I won't. I don't like it though.

#46 Posted by Dernman (15813 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@Dernman said:

@ReVamp said:

@Dernman said:

Just following orders.

Still Stupid though.

Okay, if I'm to be serious for a second, I really don't know how to judge it, so I won't. I don't like it though.

What he did was f'ed up but understandable. Well IMO at least considering all of his history. You do partly feel sorry for him in the end though.
#47 Posted by stormphoenix (947 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman: But if he isnt welcome on earth why did cap make him part of the avengers?

#48 Posted by Dernman (15813 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormphoenix said:

@Dernman: But if he isnt welcome on earth why did cap make him part of the avengers?

He made him part of the Avengers at the beginning of the run, around two years ago. Now he's betrayed the team and not welcome.
#50 Posted by DJ1107 (244 posts) - - Show Bio

Well knowing what happen to him theres two option either he'll be forgotten for a year or two like X-man was and be brought back in time or Have him become a supporting character in the new Captain Marvel series. or kill him off said the people who hate Marvel for the sake of hating Marvel.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.