Follow

Cerebella

Character » Cerebella appears in 626 issues.

The U-Men kidnapped and mutilated Martha Johansson, removing her telepathic brain & keeping it alive in a jar. Rescued by the X-Men, she became known as No-Girl by the other students since she had no body. Using the Krakoan resurrection tech, she was given a new body and the codename Cerebella.

Clarification of No-Girl's Powers

Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

When No-Girl (Martha Johansson, the bodyless X-Student) uses her powers to turn off other mutants powers, can she select which mutants to disable and which to leave powered.   

This is No-Girl

Varient

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By Varient

Whatever happened to her anyway? 
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Varient said:
    "Whatever happened to her anyway?  "

It says on Wikipedia that Beast found her in the ruins of X-Mansion after Messiah War and took her out in a case, but it doesn't clarify whether or not she was dead. 
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Varient said:
    " Whatever happened to her anyway?  "
    She's on Utopia...
    Nation X #2
    Nation X #2
    @Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
    " When No-Girl (Martha Johansson, the bodyless X-Student) uses her powers to turn off other mutants powers, can she select which mutants to disable and which to leave powered."
    Since she's been with the X-Men for a couple of years, then I should hope that she's been paying attention in class.  That way, she should have learnt to control her powers...  at least a little :)
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By John Valentine

Her CV Bio is pasted completely off wiki. Even the same factual inaccuracies.

Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xerox-kitty said:
    " @Varient said:
    " Whatever happened to her anyway?  "
    She's on Utopia...
    Nation X #2
    Nation X #2
    " When No-Girl (Martha Johansson, the bodyless X-Student) uses her powers to turn off other mutants powers, can she select which mutants to disable and which to leave powered."
    Since she's been with the X-Men for a couple of years, then I should hope that she's been paying attention in class.  That way, she should have learnt to control her powers...  at least a little :) "

or its impossible to control, like Wither's powers or Darwin's 

@John Valentine
    said:
    "Her CV Bio is pasted completely off wiki. Even the same factual inaccuracies. "

yeah i noticed that i thought it wasnt allowed
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @John Valentine said:

" Her CV Bio is pasted completely off wiki. Even the same factual inaccuracies. "

I've been rewriting it.  It aint perfect, but it looks better. 

BTW, is this part of the factual inaccuracies? 

It was also implied that when she was alive, that Martha's blood possessed glow-in-the-dark capabilities and that Martha wrote a note to her parents using her own blood when she ran away from them. 
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By John Valentine
    @xerox-kitty said:
     BTW, is this part of the factual inaccuracies? 

It was also implied that when she was alive, that Martha's blood possessed glow-in-the-dark capabilities and that Martha wrote a note to her parents using her own blood when she ran away from them.  "
    I don't actually know. I don't remember reading about it and I think I've read every single issue in which she has been featured, but I might have missed it.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @John Valentine: Yeah, the old write-up said she was a runaway, but I can't find any mention of it in Morrison's run.  I'm leaving that out then, unless someone can find evidence to support it.
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i must be crazy for thinking this, but it just seems No-Girl belongs on X-Force 
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By John Valentine
    "i must be crazy for thinking this, but it just seems No-Girl belongs on X-Force  "

The stealth, black-ops killing force faction of the X-Men? I can see that.... not.
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@John Valentine said:
    "@Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
    "i must be crazy for thinking this, but it just seems No-Girl belongs on X-Force  "
    The stealth, black-ops killing force faction of the X-Men? I can see that.... not. "

why?? they need a telepath, and someone who can depower other mutants would be awesome as well, and Leech is to young for that role.  Also, No-Girl is violent and aggressive, so she would fit right in (as much as anyone with her appearance and disabilities can)
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xerox_kitty

Well, technically X-Force has the Cuckoos, but I don't think Martha is violent enough.  Aside from when she influences Sublime into killing himself she hasn't really used her powers offensively.  I guess I tend to think of her as a scared teenager trapped in a brain... she had her revenge on the man responsible for making her into a brain-in-a-jar, after that she had difficulty fitting in with the other young freaks & mutants. Guess we'll see more of her in next month's Nation X, which is LONG overdue :)

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By John Valentine
    "@John Valentine said:
    The stealth, black-ops killing force faction of the X-Men? I can see that.... not. "
    why?? they need a telepath, and someone who can depower other mutants would be awesome as well, and Leech is to young for that role.  Also, No-Girl is violent and aggressive, so she would fit right in (as much as anyone with her appearance and disabilities can) "

They have the Cuckoos as telepathic assistance.  
    Martha can only move by floating in a glass jar....  
    She has not frequently used her power-supression abilities.  (In fact, I can't even remember when).
    How would she fight against someone with high telepathic resistance / immunity? 
    A mutant such as Typhoid Mary, Pslocke etc with similar powers to Martha would be a much better choice.
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@John Valentine said:
    "@John Valentine said:
    why?? they need a telepath, and someone who can depower other mutants would be awesome as well, and Leech is to young for that role.  Also, No-Girl is violent and aggressive, so she would fit right in (as much as anyone with her appearance and disabilities can) "
    They have the Cuckoos as telepathic assistance.  Martha can only move by floating in a glass jar....  She has not frequently used her power-supression abilities.  (In fact, I can't even remember when).How would she fight against someone with high telepathic resistance / immunity? A mutant such as Typhoid Mary, Pslocke etc with similar powers to Martha would be a much better choice. "

I think Psylocke should join X-Force too.  Typhoid Mary, not so much (look at what happened the last time she was on a stealthy black-ops team)  But still, Psylocke and No-Girl together would be awesome.   

@xerox-kitty
    said:
    "Well, technically X-Force has the Cuckoos, but I don't think Martha is violent enough.  Aside from when she influences Sublime into killing himself she hasn't really used her powers offensively.  I guess I tend to think of her as a scared teenager trapped in a brain... she had her revenge on the man responsible for making her into a brain-in-a-jar, after that she had difficulty fitting in with the other young freaks & mutants. Guess we'll see more of her in next month's Nation X, which is LONG overdue :) "

I think forcing a guy to kill themself is pretty violent in and of itself.  also, she joined Xorn when he was destroying New York, right?? thats pretty aggressive even if she didn't fight.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Violet-Eyed Dragon: Not strictly true.  Although she convinced Sublime to let go of Emma Frost's wrist, Emma was the one who held him out of a window in the first place... and she wasn't exactly wracked with guilt afterwards when she could have pulled him back into the building.  But Xorn's special class were hardly active participants in the Brotherhood.  They were there, but pretty much just stood  by & watched.  She didn't do anything to help Magneto. 

Typhoid Mary on X-Force?  Considering that Deadpool is joining... that would be funny!
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xerox-kitty said:
    " @Violet-Eyed Dragon: Not strictly true.  Although she convinced Sublime to let go of Emma Frost's wrist, Emma was the one who held him out of a window in the first place... and she wasn't exactly wracked with guilt afterwards when she could have pulled him back into the building.  But Xorn's special class were hardly active participants in the Brotherhood.  They were there, but pretty much just stood  by & watched.  She didn't do anything to help Magneto.  Typhoid Mary on X-Force?  Considering that Deadpool is joining... that would be funny! "

ok maybe she's not violent enough--but i bet she could learn. 

Deadpool joining X-Force is awesome.  Typhoid Mary on X-Force would be cool, but when she was on the Old Shadow
     Initiative (which was a lot like X-Force) things didn't go too well.   I'm not so sure she could handle it--and anyway, she is a pretty rotten lady (partially because she is mentally troubled, but still she is pretty nasty).   

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.