Any connection to Owlman?

#1 Posted by paramed1c (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there any connection between Watchmen's Nite Owl and Owl Man? Do they occupy the same universe? Or is the Watchmen continuity separate from the DC universe?

#2 Posted by The_Tree (7519 posts) - - Show Bio

Watchmen is in a separate universe.

#3 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13266 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Watchmen is set in an alternate universe. Dan is that universe's counterpart to Ted Kord, the 2nd Blue Beetle.

#4 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree: @Avenging-X-Bolt said:

No. Watchmen is set in an alternate universe. Dan is that universe's counterpart to Ted Kord, the 2nd Blue Beetle.

Watchmen was seperate until DC integrated the continuity as one of the alternate universes. Nite Owl is an analogue to the Blue Beetle Ted Kord, because ironically, DC purchased the rights to the Charleston character and wouldntlet Alan Moore use them in Watchmen at the time. Nite Owl has no connection to Owlman, although his gadetry is similar to Batman, on a superficial level.

#5 Posted by AskaniSon295 (428 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if the events in watchmen and before watchmen take place in the Dc Earth-0/NEW52 world. It's seems like an era not mentioned in the Earth-0 universe, though there is the court of owls who may be some how inspired by nite-owl. Oviously there is another earth where just the events of watchmen happen and none of the events of before watchmen happen but that's inside the Alan Moore's Spacetime Bubble.

#6 Posted by BatWatch (2757 posts) - - Show Bio

Watchmen continuity is separate, but I think there is definitely some inspiration from Nite Owl in Owl Man's costume.

Is it possible that Watchmen could exist on an alternate reality? If so, could we see some of the Watchmen interact with DC characters one day?

#7 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7013 posts) - - Show Bio
@PsychoKnights: i would love some interaction between watchemn and other dc characters. I always wanted to see Rorschach and Question working together.
#8 Posted by BatWatch (2757 posts) - - Show Bio

@MadeinBangladesh said:

@PsychoKnights: i would love some interaction between watchemn and other dc characters. I always wanted to see Rorschach and Question working together.

I can kind of see that. They are pretty similar. I guess, perhaps, that was intentional. Are there any other obvious analogs to the Watchmen in the mainstream DC universe?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.