What exactly happened to Nimrod?

#1 Posted by Edamame (28143 posts) - - Show Bio

His body was destroyed, but by whom? I thought that he could regenerate.  

I was expecting for Nimrod to appear in the Second Coming storyline, but it is Bastion with Nimrod's body. Kindly educate me. 
#2 Posted by Virago (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

So all I know is that in new X-men, Surge blasted him back in time (to 1985) and he lost his memory. Then in X-force, the purifiers fused Bastion's head to Nimrod's body pieces. That's what I got =)

#3 Edited by Edamame (28143 posts) - - Show Bio
@Virago: Interesting. I did not know that Nimrod could lose his memory.  It is a shame. I enjoyed seeing Nimrod appear in comics. Or is Bastion now at dead Nimrod's level of power?
#4 Posted by Virago (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

As far as I know, it's Bastion now. But I'm not entirely sure.

#5 Posted by Edamame (28143 posts) - - Show Bio
@Virago: I know that it is Bastion, but does he have Nimrod's powers now?
#6 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

he become Bastion. theyre the same character, except Bastion is the 2.0 plus Master Mold version.
Nimrod
Bastion

#7 Posted by Edamame (28143 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE: Bastion was a mystical fusion between Nimrod and Master Mold. At that point, I thought, that they are different characters.  Bastion then started Operation Zero Tolerance and Nimrod was in Days of Future Past.  Then I read that Nimrod's body was destroyed and his head was missing. So they put Bastion's head on Nimrod's body. But what happened to Bastion's body?
#8 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: no. not different characters. the Nimrod that Bastion interacted was from an alternate timeline. the point was to somehow use that Nimrods head to reactivate Bastion. i dont recall whatever happened with the body ever being shown, but i dont think it mattered. 
why have a lesser version of a character running around as the same one. 

Days Of Futures Past would be the past as far as Bastion is concerned as he is Nimrods future self.  it wasnt happening at the same time, nor in the same time to be a little more accurate.

the answer to your original question however is Nimrod became Bastion.
#9 Edited by Edamame (28143 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE: So Bastion now is more powerful than the Bastion that considered WOlverine to be a threat? Why did they look different?
#10 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: 
going to have to go to sleep, sorry. long day tomorrow. 
in most cases i advise against using wikipedia, but this has some info we dont  
and seems accurate enough, if not short.
i think will clear up alot of your questions and probably put it better than i will.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nimrod_(comics)
#11 Posted by Edamame (28143 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE: Okay. So Nimrod transformed into Bastion and the Bastion in Necrosha is as powerful as Nimrod.
#12 Posted by thetitan0 (846 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: bastion is mastermold fused with nimrod. bastion in necrosha is that same bastion. but if you're missing nimrod don't worry, bastion is bringing an army of them in the second coming event.
#13 Posted by Edamame (28143 posts) - - Show Bio
@thetitan0 said:
" @Edamame: bastion is mastermold fused with nimrod. bastion in necrosha is that same bastion. but if you're missing nimrod don't worry, bastion is bringing an army of them in the second coming event. "
Bastion is bringing in an army of Nimrods in Second Coming? What is the evidence for that?
#14 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @thetitan0 said:
" @Edamame: bastion is mastermold fused with nimrod. bastion in necrosha is that same bastion. but if you're missing nimrod don't worry, bastion is bringing an army of them in the second coming event. "
Bastion is bringing in an army of Nimrods in Second Coming? What is the evidence for that? "
Covers from the June soliciations show the X-men fighting Bastion's new army that strongly resemble an army of Nimrods.

Uncanny X-Men #525

X-Men: Legacy #237
#15 Posted by Edamame (28143 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: Wow. I mean the X-Men can barely handle 1 Nimrod Sentinel. Now they have to fight thousands of Nimrods? Seems like they really will need Magneto's help or even Apocalypse's help.  Also, are these Nimrods as powerful as the Nimrod from the Days of Future Past story arc? 

Is that Cable on the bottom picture?

Who is the guy who has golden looking stuff on his two arms in the first picture?
#16 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: Magneto, not Cable (he doesn't have the T-O virus, and he's surrounded by the purple energy signature), but I made that mistake at first. 

And that's Namor with the golden wrist bands.
#17 Posted by Edamame (28143 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: Magneto is having trouble with the Nimrod Sentinels? Wow. Finally Magneto will be getting a challenge. 
#18 Posted by trask-01 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

The guy with TWO arms showing and Golden armbands is CYCLOPS  -- The Atlantean (with pointy ears) with one armbanded arm to show is NAMOR
#19 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@trask-01: No-one is going to mistake who Cyclops is.  The big letter-box red visor gives him away ;p 

@Edamame said:
" @xerox-kitty: Magneto is having trouble with the Nimrod Sentinels? Wow. Finally Magneto will be getting a challenge.  "
I'd forgotten all about that cover.  Seeing as how Magneto is awake at last, it seems that he's going to see his fair share of action in Second Coming.
#20 Posted by Edamame (28143 posts) - - Show Bio
Magneto and Legion will fight the 170,000 Nimrods.  Imagine if Apocalypse showed up in this brawl. That would be amazing.  Apocalypse said that he would return for Hope.  

It looks like Magneto just came out from taking a shower. Maybe the Nimrods have other inappropriate intentions then just killing Magneto.  LOL.

@xerox-kitty said:
" @trask-01: No-one is going to mistake who Cyclops is.  The big letter-box red visor gives him away ;p 

LOL
#21 Posted by Neonbloo25 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

please, PLEASE inform me if I'm wrong, but nimrod is trapped in an infinite time loop doomed to repetition, and the bastion unit was connected to the body WAY after he was upgraded and sent in a temporal flux sending him to the very beginning. and THATS what i have so far but I'd be EXTREMELY grateful if someone either: confirmed, or corrected me. 

please and thank you... 

(ONLY DATA USED WAS IN THE NEW X-MEN "NIMROD" STORY ARC)

#22 Posted by Edamame (28143 posts) - - Show Bio

Nimrod + Master Mold + something else = Bastion 1.0 

Then Bastion 1.0 plus Nimrod (some other Nimrod) = Bastion 2.0 

A bit confusing. Could someone clarify for me please?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.