Haly's Circus

barryallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By barryallen

I've been reading through all of Dick Grayson's New 52 adventures. It's made me think that circus workers must be ridiculously stupid, since Nightwing has been noticed in cities that the circus is in at the exact same time doing amazing acrobatics with super expensive equipment surely people would 2 and 2 together! I know this is comics so the writer's wouldn't let this get in the way of good storytelling but i needed something to talk about on my first blog.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By SmoothJammin

I figure if old man Haly can decipher Dick's identity, anyone else in his troupe is liable to. In fact, don't be surprised if it doesn't become a focal point in his series. For some reason, Dick of all the batcrew, always has the hardest time keeping it a secret lol

barryallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By barryallen

He does seem quite careless from what i've read so far, but i think this storyline might have a rushed ending anyway with the Night of the Owls approaching, unless and (more likely) they are linked.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By ReVamp

Naw, I don't think they'll discover.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I was thinking the same thing why they have not discovered. I think the people closer into the circus will find out eventually.

barryallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By barryallen

if he keeps up with the circus instead of settling in Bludhaven or Gotham i think it's only a matter of time before a youngster finds out, and hopefully we see the first ever Nightwing proper sidekick!!!

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By ReVamp

@haydenclaireheroes said:

I was thinking the same thing why they have not discovered. I think the people closer into the circus will find out eventually.

I hope not. I think Haly only discovered it because of his connection with Dick.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

@barryallen: It would be cool to see Nightwing to have a sidekick ,but they would have to do it in a right way.

Avatar image for greenflashlight
    Greenflashlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Greenflashlight

I have hated this so much because for years Nightwing has been in Gotham or Bloodhaven now he is going al over with the circus and no one can pick up on this. The whole story line is getting crappy. I just dont want another book about a clowns love life unless it is the joker

barryallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By barryallen

well i'm sure DC can organise to have a child's parents die during a circus act!

What about the sidekick being a child clown giving the Joker and Nightwing a rivalry over him? Could be interesting

Greenflashlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Greenflashlight

A sidekick for the Joker that Nightwing is personally invested in would be awesome just seeing Dick try to reason with some one that the Jokers got a hold of would be fantastic if he knows Dick is Nightwing because that would drags Bats in to it

barryallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By barryallen

it would be totally awesome, but its a pretty out there idea and DC seem to prefer deaths and bringing back old characters to new prominent characters, Damien is centre of attention on that front!

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By BatWatch

Yeah, I think that would probably be discovered. However, you have to keep in mind that the average person might not know that much about superheroic happenings. How often are pictures taken of Nightwing? Does anybody even notice him swinging around town and report it to newspapers. If there is video in every town of Nightwing doing acrobatics, then yes, they should figure out, but if there are just vague rumors of Nightwing being in town, I can see how it would take a long time for anyone to put Nightwing and Grayson together.

Rowen545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Rowen545

Would not be a big fan of Nightwing having a sidekick. Unless Bruce figures out that Dick does a better job as a mentor for Damien than he. Also agree that Dick is written almost as an aloof character when it comes to keeping his identity and not having a lot of foresight on certain issues.

@PsychoKnights: That is a very good point

MonkeyToe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#14  Edited By MonkeyToe

@PsychoKnights said:

Yeah, I think that would probably be discovered. However, you have to keep in mind that the average person might not know that much about superheroic happenings. How often are pictures taken of Nightwing? Does anybody even notice him swinging around town and report it to newspapers. If there is video in every town of Nightwing doing acrobatics, then yes, they should figure out, but if there are just vague rumors of Nightwing being in town, I can see how it would take a long time for anyone to put Nightwing and Grayson together.

This. With the amount of SuperHeroes moving here and there all over the World in the DC Universe, who would really think to coordinate Nightwing's appearances with Haly's circus? I think the public would think Nightwing had some personal agenda he was taking care of, just like the milieu of other heroes that migrate from Star City, To Gotham, To New York, To Metropolis ect. Some people might make the connection, but what proof would they have? The rest of the general public would view these theories as just another crazy conspiracy theory

Greenflashlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Greenflashlight

True but it is an awesome idea and it would be a storie ark that could reconnect Nightwing to Batman and Batman & Robin and give us all that sweet sweet Joker we all love and know. I can see it now Joker using (we will call him Jester) to get to Dick and that will cause Bruce and Dick to have even more friction that will cause Damien and Bruce to have friction, Damien will run off with Dick and the Joker will beat the living hell out of him, Bats will come in and well do you think he would cross the line that he would not cross for Jason?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.