Sonia "Zucco"

#1 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2236 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone please explain to me why she had to change her last name from Zucco to Branch? I don't understand why she would've had her father's last name if she was a bastard child and he was a deadbeat dad who she never knew. When she talked about him in The Black Mirror it sounded like both her and her mom didn't really want anything to do with him for her entire life, so why would she ever not have had her mom's last name? Do kids just have their fathers last name even if the father isn't still with the mother?

#2 Posted by longbowhunter (7077 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mighty Monarch: Yes, I have only met my father 2 or 3 times. I still have his last name as does my son. Who, I might add was born out of wedlock and was still given my last name. 
#3 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2236 posts) - - Show Bio

@longbowhunter: Huh. Did not know that. Well thanks for clearing that up for me.

#4 Posted by longbowhunter (7077 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mighty Monarch: I've often thought about changing my last name and my son's. I hate having the name of a man I dont even know.
#5 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4799 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I have a friend who uses his mothers maiden name. Unless he is lying to me. (+)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.