The Return of Nightcrawler.

Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio

It's gonna happen so here's my guess at a some of the basic details.
It's gonna involve Belasco and Amanda Sefton. Maybe Mystique some how too.

#1 Edited by Rothschild (1311 posts) - - Show Bio

No Azazel ? Seeing as how thats his daddy and hes really powerful

#2 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

I say its going to involve Layla Miller (who's got the power to resurrect people but they come back evil) and then he'll join Mystique or Belasco or Margali Szardos or Azazel as a killer.

#3 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think he'll come back until people forget about him in general continuity. He was obsolete, that is why they killed him off.

#4 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085 said:
" I don't think he'll come back until people forget about him in general continuity. He was obsolete, that is why they killed him off. "
I wouldn't say he was obsolete.
Nightcrawler's a classic X-man. Even had his own series for a while there and a few mini's over the years. 
If there was any reason behind killing him off it was shock value and to raise his profile with fan's again.
There're so many X-characters if every obsolete one was killed off we'd be left with a lot less than 198 mutants.
I don't think we'll have to wait too long for 'Crawler to come make his return.
I'm gonna go look up Azazel....
#5 Posted by HellionVulcan (3867 posts) - - Show Bio

I got a brand new day feeling ........................ no .

#6 Posted by fesak (7061 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring back Nocturne instead.

#7 Posted by RavenDark (792 posts) - - Show Bio

My guess...Dracula...

#8 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio
@fesak said:
" Bring back Nocturne instead. "
A female variation of a pre-existing character?
That goes on way too much.
#9 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio
@HellionVulcan said:
" I got a brand new day feeling ........................ no . "
I'm sure it'll be silly and contrived but not a retcon.
#10 Posted by mimschkin (626 posts) - - Show Bio

My guess is 5 years - just in time for the anniversary of the 'all-new, all-different' team. Though I hope it's earlier, I can't bear the thought of no Kurt for that long. What with Azazel, Margali and a bunch of other magic-related bit and pieces from his past I doubt they'll have any problems thinking up how to bring him back. At this point I really don't care how they do it, as long as he comes back.

#11 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio
@mimschkin said:
" My guess is 5 years - just in time for the anniversary of the 'all-new, all-different' team. Though I hope it's earlier, I can't bear the thought of no Kurt for that long. What with Azazel, Margali and a bunch of other magic-related bit and pieces from his past I doubt they'll have any problems thinking up how to bring him back. At this point I really don't care how they do it, as long as he comes back. "
Five years is a long time.
I'm gettin' seriously annoyed with the pointless death/ return cycle myself.  
I remember a time when death was rare. Now it happens all the time with the return not far off at all.
And is it just me or are any non white or non american characters being written out of the X-books?
Storms was married off to T' Challa purely because of his African origins. I don't remember the two meeting at all untill there past together was shoe horned into continuity. 
Bishop was villified in the whole Messiah thing.
Banshee was killed off in the space of around two pages.
Kitty and Colossus are back now but are another good example.

And now Nightcrawler too? One of the most visually interesting X-folk there is.
And yet Doug Ramsey is still with us.
#12 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio

Vampire Nightcrawler.

#13 Posted by mimschkin (626 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gylan Thomas: Well Nightcrawler was blue, sooo..
But really, I'm not sure. Ariel died, and she's an alien, right? And then Karma lost her leg, and she's Vietnamese, AND a lesbian. Uh, if you look at it that way, they're not doing so well are they?
#14 Posted by fesak (7061 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gylan Thomas said:
" @fesak said:
" Bring back Nocturne instead. "
A female variation of a pre-existing character? That goes on way too much. "

Well, Nocturne has different powers than Nightcrawler, but i guess we won't see her again.
As for Nightcrawlers return, they could alway say that the one that died was a clone.
#15 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@fesak said:
"As for Nightcrawlers return, they could alway say that the one that died was a clone. "
You need to put money in the 'swear box' for saying the C word ;)
#16 Posted by Power NeXus (9899 posts) - - Show Bio

I, for one, am not too worried about him staying dead forever. Death is almost never permanent for the popular characters. Even Colossus was dead for like 5 years, and then he was suddenly brought back without any explanation.
#17 Edited by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085 said:

" Vampire Nightcrawler. "

That'd suck. 
Marvel needs to cancel this vampire daftness and start using their mutants characters in mutant stories again.
Bring back the political plot lines and real world sensibillities. 

" @Gylan Thomas: Well Nightcrawler was blue, sooo.. But really, I'm not sure. Ariel died, and she's an alien, right? And then Karma lost her leg, and she's Vietnamese, AND a lesbian. Uh, if you look at it that way, they're not doing so well are they? "

@mimschkin said:

" @Gylan Thomas: Well Nightcrawler was blue, sooo.. But really, I'm not sure. Ariel died, and she's an alien, right? And then Karma lost her leg, and she's Vietnamese, AND a lesbian. Uh, if you look at it that way, they're not doing so well are they? "

#18 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio
@mimschkin said:
Stoopid compooper.
I meant to say I'd rather not have aliens on working too often with the X-men. The mutant idea alone is strong enough to creat plenty of good story idea.s. Marvel's bein' lazy.
#19 Posted by mistersarcastic (324 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no theory on how he may come back...I just hope that he does. He's too cool. 
And I've known a few people to be tired of Marvel to kill and revive people, but come on... It's Nightcrawller for crying out loud T_T

#20 Posted by A-Strondinaire (370 posts) - - Show Bio

Recently in X-Men Forever Mystique had said she had certain aspect of her that makes her invunerable to death and aging and I know that it's a completely different universe but how else did she survive that beating Wolverine gave her? So either they'll use that and he bamfs from out of the coffin or Amanda Sefton, Azael, or some cheap trick will get him back...I'm looking at you whedon...and Kyle and Yost.

#21 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio
@A-Strondinaire said:
" Recently in X-Men Forever Mystique had said she had certain aspect of her that makes her invunerable to death and aging and I know that it's a completely different universe but how else did she survive that beating Wolverine gave her? So either they'll use that and he bamfs from out of the coffin or Amanda Sefton, Azael, or some cheap trick will get him back...I'm looking at you whedon...and Kyle and Yost. "
I'm lookin' at Joey Q. Can't pass the book any further than the top man's desk.
Get a new idea people. Killing characters everyone knows will be back is weak :P
#22 Posted by Edamame (28314 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder what Abyss thinks about Nightcrawler´s death.  They are related. 

#23 Posted by Powerzone789 (430 posts) - - Show Bio

If you look at it, Nightcrawler was the only X-man so far that hasnt been killed off. Everyone has been killed off so far thats an original Xman. Cyclops when he was absorbed with apocolypse, jean grey coutless times, collossus with the legacy virus, banshee with the blackbird and vulcan. Havok with that big explosian and him being sent to a diff timeline etc the list goes on and on and on. He was one of the original who never died and now he did.... and marvel is going to bring him back like everyone else....Nightcrawler along with banshee and archangel are my fav xmen... now marvel is gonna pull some random explanation outta their a$$ and its gonna look hella bad, but we are eventually gonna get our little elven priest back
#24 Posted by marvelunivers_deleteme (315 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightcrawler WILL COME BACK

#25 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio
@marvelunivers: 
Well yeah. Eventually :)
#26 Posted by PumpkinBomb (493 posts) - - Show Bio

Part of the problem was that Pixie became a much more powerful teleporter than he ever was. I think the best way for them to bring him back is from an alternate earth - where he has the ability to teleport between realities, not physical places. That would make his return self-explanatory and open a up a load of interesting story space.

#27 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio
@PumpkinBomb: 
I don't want to read stories like that. I'm really not a fan of the alternate reality stuff. 
I think heroes who's powers have limitations are far more interesting too.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.