How agile is Nightcrawler?

#1 Posted by MUTANT413 (402 posts) - - Show Bio

Some sources I've seen have said that Nightcrawler has superhuman agility. Others say that he just has Olympic-level agility as a result of growing up as a circus acrobat? Has it ever been officially determined whether his agility level is superhuman or not.

#2 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Superhuman - Agility

#3 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering the showings of agility he has displayed, he is superhuman

#4 Posted by fesak (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

He's listed on marvel.com and in the official handbooks at Olympic-level agility, not super-human.
Depends who you want to believe.

#5 Edited by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio

faster than olympic level,but slower than Spider-Man

#6 Posted by Elian Allen (1038 posts) - - Show Bio

<------------------- loves to watch nightcrawler kicking butt in the white house in X2 ^^

#7 Posted by Djinn (778 posts) - - Show Bio

he's olympic level

#8 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

Super human.....I've got comic cards to prove my point. But I can't get to them now.....so just believe me.

#9 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

My point being....I have several comic cards...one is the rankings of speed, agility, ect.....They have Nightcrawler above all in agility. Yes above spider-man...........I know it's not canon but you not gonna get something more canon than that. His feats would say super human too......

#10 Edited by Citizen Vance* (293 posts) - - Show Bio
Hawk said:
"My point being....I have several comic cards...one is the rankings of speed, agility, ect.....They have Nightcrawler above all in agility. Yes above spider-man...........I know it's not canon but you not gonna get something more canon than that. His feats would say super human too......"
Don't go by comic cards ever.People always try to use those.They aren't legit.Marvel gave the company who makes them permission but the rankings aren't official.If you want rankings..get the handbooks.Not encyclopedias either..just handbooks.I have found inaccuracies in the encyclopedias (minor things) and that cards are almost always wrong.
Nightcrawler is like on the same level as Daredevil and Spider-Man.I believe Kurt,Murdock and Parker are the best acrobats in Marvel.
#11 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio
Citizen Vance* said:
"Hawk said:
"My point being....I have several comic cards...one is the rankings of speed, agility, ect.....They have Nightcrawler above all in agility. Yes above spider-man...........I know it's not canon but you not gonna get something more canon than that. His feats would say super human too......"
Don't go by comic cards ever.People always try to use those.They aren't legit.Marvel gave the company who makes them permission but the rankings aren't official.If you want rankings..get the handbooks.Not encyclopedias either..just handbooks.
Nightcrawler is like on the same level as Daredevil and Spider-Man.I believe Kurt,Murdock and Parker are the best acrobats in Marvel.
"
Agreed....I'm just saying that someone had to rank the Marvel characters to put them on the card. I'm sure Topps didn't do it.

I wouldn't say that DD is on the same level as Spiderman and Kurt. I think writters have taken him way past where he should have been based on his power set at creation.
#12 Posted by Citizen Vance* (293 posts) - - Show Bio
Hawk said:
"Citizen Vance* said:
"Hawk said:
Don't go by comic cards ever.People always try to use those.They aren't legit.Marvel gave the company who makes them permission but the rankings aren't official.If you want rankings..get the handbooks.Not encyclopedias either..just handbooks.
"
Agreed....I'm just saying that someone had to rank the Marvel characters to put them on the card. I'm sure Topps didn't do it.

I wouldn't say that DD is on the same level as Spiderman and Kurt. I think writters have taken him way past where he should have been based on his power set at creation."
Daredevil isn't on the same level of agility but he is on the same level of acrobatic ability.
#13 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio
Citizen Vance* said:
"Hawk said:
"Citizen Vance* said:
"Hawk said:
"

I wouldn't say that DD is on the same level as Spiderman and Kurt. I think writters have taken him way past where he should have been based on his power set at creation."
Daredevil isn't on the same level of agility but he is on the same level of acrobatic ability."

AH true......then so is Jubilee. Olympic level herself.
#14 Posted by Juggman (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightcrawler has fought with Spider-Man before, and Spidey had a bit of trouble with him. His agility is more than likely on par with Spider-Mans.

#15 Posted by Erik (32092 posts) - - Show Bio

The official ratings put him at olympic level agility. He does not actually have agility as a power like Gambit. But he does have a prehensile tail and feet that can grip better than ours. I have also read that he has a more flexible spine like a cat that allows him to outperform humans. 

#16 Posted by Fuzzy Dudette (43 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was because of his flexible spine and the circus thing

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.