Follow

Nightcrawler

Character » Nightcrawler appears in 7172 issues.

Kurt Wagner is a prominent member of the X-Men and former member and leader of Excalibur. He possessed the Neyaphemian ability of teleportation, as well as incredible agility, wall scaling and a prehensile tail. Nightcrawler is a devout Catholic, contrasting his demonic appearance. He is a highly skilled swordsmen and former circus acrobat.

From superhero to supernatural

Ga11owbraid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ga11owbraid

Maybe now that Nightcrawler has died, Dracula can "resurrect" him as his undead servant? Some have already speculated that may be the case... a stretch, but very cool.

Talk about revenge... Kurt impaled him with a spear in the past and Dracula would probably enjoy humiliating him, especially since Kurt was a faithful Catholic during his life time. It would be interesting to see such a drastic transformation occur; once the X-Men's "moral compass", only to arise from the dead as a formidible enemy. Although it would pain Kurt to fight his family, he would be at the mercy of his master.  Herr Wagner wouldn't even be out of place in Eastern Europe as he traveled the region as part of a circus troupe.

And Marvel could get such a cool new villain to boot! New readers often assumed Nightcrawler to be a sketchy character in the first place (when I started to read comics, I thought he didn't LOOK like superhero). Most of Marvel's heroes know Nightcrawler to be a good guy and it would be quite a conundrum for them to have to fight him. I'm sure he would be more of a conflicted type of vampire, forced to do a devil's bidding against his will yet still having some loathful, evil tendencies associated with the affliction. Some of the more altruistic heroes, possibly Spider-Man, Thor, Mr. Fantastic, etc. - may have serious reservations about taking him out. There would be no way for Nightcrawler to be a Blade-type character as long as Vlad is "alive" so I would hope he never becomes that kind of person -- just a straight up villain.  

Think -  years from now, Nightcrawler has been far removed from his superheroic deeds and has established himself as a bigtime villain. New fans would have the opportunity to see what a vampire used to be like before they were bitten; in Kurt's case, over 30 years worth of issues! There aren't very many mediums that could appreciably convey a transformation such as that, but comics would be the perfect vehicle.

A reinvention of a character without disregarding the past and a future with a lot of interesting possibilities! I hope that maybe the writers already have this in mind... 

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

God I hope not... it's bad enough that Jubilee may be permanently changed.  And I can't stand 'Bloodstorm'.
    Preacherl2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Preacherl2k

Please don't let that happen to kurt, he deserves better!

Ga11owbraid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ga11owbraid
    @Preacherl2k:
    I can understand not wanting Nightcrawler to become a baddie, or maybe my scenario just stinks... I just don't want some cliche resurrection somewhere down the line because that would definitely one more lame plot device thrown Kurt's way.

Plus, I think Nightcrawler would make a terrific villain. He was always underused as a hero and now he's been killed to drum up sales. Oh well, I guess it's more fan fiction than anything, but Kurt would make for crazy undead. 

Oh look, Nightcrawler just killed Gambit
    Oh look, Nightcrawler just killed Gambit

Kurt skulking in the darkness
    Kurt skulking in the darkness

So while Nightcrawler would be formidible by himself, there is always the possibility of Dracula getting involved. In fact, Kurt would likely be doing his master's bidding in the first place. 

From Westchester to Eastern Europe. The count calls the shots now, not Prof. X
    From Westchester to Eastern Europe. The count calls the shots now, not Prof. X
    lb70145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By lb70145

*FACE PALM*
    Considering that this is a dumb scenario/stupid idea, Marvel will probably do it and subsequently I will die a little more on the inside. Anyways, there are a lot of factors that would most likely screw up this scenario anyway. I hope they don't resurrect him period. His death was powerful and his funeral afterward was just as heart-breaking to read. Resurrecting this character would be a further insult to fans. If anything I would like them to at least try to bring up his Demon Mutant heritage in any res scenario if one is created.

Anyways, Dracula probably won't last long in the Marvel Universe. Considering the promo they just showed. I honestly hope for another vampire removal spell via Dr. Strange. And this time Dracula won't be on the moon.

Oh and by the way, Nightcrawler’s appearance is supposed to be ironic. The fact that he looks so evil yet is probably the most pious person in the Marvel Universe. Other than that, having a demonic looking villain is unoriginal and uncreative.

Also, vampires are a fad that will hopefully be staked before I my melts more from twilight fandom. The fact that Marvel is catering to the twilight crowd by releasing all this vampire crap close to the release to the new movie is quite dishonorable for a company that I held in such a high regard.

Also, the last time we had a drastic reinvention of a character we got OMD/BND and FrankenCastle. Nuff’ Said.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Magian

It's a possibility. You never know what gonna happen next. But I hope not.

Comicjew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Comicjew
    @Ga11owbraid:
    A blood-sucking Catholic ? Are you mad?!
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#8  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

3 words 
    WHITE.LANTERN.NIGHTCRAWLER 

lol jk but that would be cool to see though

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.