All the little nightcrawler guys in Wolverine and The X-men

#1 Posted by ShadowX (1218 posts) - - Show Bio

who do you think they are? I think they might be BAMFS, and maybe Wolverine will use them as some kind of staff at the school, like security, cleaning up and stuff like that. Or maybe since they have been shown as being Mischievous and around Quentin Quiere maybe he released them and keeps them as his little gang.

#2 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

It'll be interesting to see what they are. I hope they're not Bamfs (only because I think they should stay a fairytale element). I really hope they're not some sort of Nightcrawler equivilant of the Stepford Cuckoos!! That'd just be wrong! Maybe they have something to do with the AoA Nightcrawler?

#3 Posted by ShadowX (1218 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox_kitty: That would be interesting the step ford Cuckoos thing. Well Wolverine and the x-men came out today. did they say what they were?

#4 Posted by noj (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

In the back of the issue in the course list one of the extracuriculars is something like "Bamf hunting" and Beast says early in the issue that he accidentally opened a transdimensional portal and that the mansion was infested with imps. I really dont have a clue what bamfs are but I'm assuming that is their official name

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32867 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox_kitty said:
It'll be interesting to see what they are. I hope they're not Bamfs (only because I think they should stay a fairytale element). I really hope they're not some sort of Nightcrawler equivilant of the Stepford Cuckoos!! That'd just be wrong! Maybe they have something to do with the AoA Nightcrawler?
I thought there was already real Bamfs not just the fairytale ones.
#6 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

what is a Bamfs?

#7 Posted by LilyJean (23 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: This is a bamf.

#8 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

@LilyJean: thanks

#9 Posted by Daycrawler (553 posts) - - Show Bio

Reckon they're Nightcrawler's offspring from another dimension where he was a man of loose moral and a voracious sexual appetite.

#10 Posted by zombietag (1491 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by ShadowX (1218 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, intresting. a Bamf hunting class sounds like fun.

#12 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

@noj said:

Beast says early in the issue that he accidentally opened a transdimensional portal and that the mansion was infested with imps.

Ah, when I read that i took it to mean some sort of N'Garai... I didn't connect it to the 'bamfs'. I guess if they're Bamf-Hunting then they're a bit like the gnomes from the wizarding world of Harry Potter. A nuisance & cute addition for Mr Bachalo to draw every now & then ;)

#13 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
And they even drink whiskey. Hard not to like them.
#14 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

And they even drink whiskey. Hard not to like them.

Oh yeah... gotta love 'em! As long as they don't get to my stash of single malt ;)

#15 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox_kitty: Beware Dr McCoy's interdimensional gateways opening near your private bar! Even though I didn't imagine you having a hidden stash.

Much as I liked the issue, the "class list" at the end was the one that truly had me in stitches.
#16 Posted by ShadowX (1218 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox_kitty: @Morpheus_:

Thats it I offically love the bamfs. and I thought of harry potter to.

#17 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

hank opeded a portal and let gremlins in the bamf's were for the hunting class but hank lost track he couldnt close up the portal thus letting in more bamf's then they need the school is over run

#18 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShadowX: I wouldn't want to see them hunted down... but I would love to gone to a school infested with cute li'l whiskey slugging bamfs! ;)

#19 Posted by ShadowX (1218 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox_kitty: You know what yeah. I wouldnt want to hunt them, just maybe play a freindly game of tag. lol

#20 Posted by (((Prodigy))) (2443 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, so that doctor guy who wanted to kill Broo has clarified that they are indeed not Bamfs.

So what the heck are they? Since that alien doctor guy was cut off mid-sentence right before he explained what they actually are, I'm getting the impression it's something important the writers don't want us to know yet.

#21 Posted by Daycrawler (553 posts) - - Show Bio

@(((Prodigy))) said:

Ok, so that doctor guy who wanted to kill Broo has clarified that they are indeed not Bamfs.

So what the heck are they? Since that alien doctor guy was cut off mid-sentence right before he explained what they actually are, I'm getting the impression it's something important the writers don't want us to know yet.

My guess is that they will somehow be physical manifestations or scattered fragments of Nightcrawler. Kinda like impish Madrox dupes, each one representing a part of Kurt. Perhaps the inter-dimensional portal Beast mentioned they appeared from was some part of the afterlife. Whatever Hank was up to at the time pulled Kurt's spirit through by accident, fragmenting it, and the only way it could exist in in our dimension was to resolve each fragment into something familiar to it, i.e. a bunch of mini-kurts. Because they are all fragmented bits of Kurt, they're acting purely on a basic instinctual level, which is why they don't talk but came to Kitty's aid in the WATXM, given Kurt's long history with Kitty.

I reckon there will be some event that merges them into a whole and effectively resurrects Kurt. Perhaps Beast will figure it out, or the bamfs will start to coalese into bigger and fewer bamfs each time they, er, 'bamf', until Kurt is born anew.

Would be nice. I miss Kurt.

#22 Posted by (((Prodigy))) (2443 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daycrawler said:

@(((Prodigy))) said:

My guess is that they will somehow be physical manifestations or scattered fragments of Nightcrawler. Kinda like impish Madrox dupes, each one representing a part of Kurt. Perhaps the inter-dimensional portal Beast mentioned they appeared from was some part of the afterlife. Whatever Hank was up to at the time pulled Kurt's spirit through by accident, fragmenting it, and the only way it could exist in in our dimension was to resolve each fragment into something familiar to it, i.e. a bunch of mini-kurts. Because they are all fragmented bits of Kurt, they're acting purely on a basic instinctual level, which is why they don't talk but came to Kitty's aid in the WATXM, given Kurt's long history with Kitty.

I reckon there will be some event that merges them into a whole and effectively resurrects Kurt. Perhaps Beast will figure it out, or the bamfs will start to coalese into bigger and fewer bamfs each time they, er, 'bamf', until Kurt is born anew.

Would be nice. I miss Kurt.

Hmm. Interesting threory.

#23 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

from the recent issue of wolverine and the x men that big grey behemoth thing said they weren't bamf and if you look closely those troll things have night crawler tattoo's so what the hell is going on is night crawler coming back in some way

#24 Posted by (((Prodigy))) (2443 posts) - - Show Bio
@luckydomino1 said:

from the recent issue of wolverine and the x men that big grey behemoth thing said they weren't bamf and if you look closely those troll things have night crawler tattoo's so what the hell is going on is night crawler coming back in some way

I'm not sure what the tattoos are supposed to mean. Kurt only had tats like that in the movie. The comic version never had any kind of markings like those.
#25 Posted by mervotron (257 posts) - - Show Bio

What if they're really the predeccesor of the crawlers from the "Here Comes Tomorrow" timeline...?

#26 Posted by (((Prodigy))) (2443 posts) - - Show Bio
@mervotron said:

What if they're really the predeccesor of the crawlers from the "Here Comes Tomorrow" timeline...?

Weren't those things some kind of laboratory creation?
#27 Posted by mervotron (257 posts) - - Show Bio

@(((Prodigy))) said:

@mervotron said:

Yeah, but weren't they made by Hank who is at the school...?

#28 Posted by (((Prodigy))) (2443 posts) - - Show Bio
@mervotron said:

@(((Prodigy))) said:

@mervotron said:

Yeah, but weren't they made by Hank who is at the school...?

I wouldn't know. I didn't read that story.
#29 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

what if all the bamfs form nightcrawler when combined together?

#30 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they are an eventual reason to bring Kurt back on a side note I want one

#31 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

EDs. Extra-Dimensionals

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.