RIP Nico? Marvel did it again-ISSUE 12

  • 51 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by animehunter (2297 posts) - - Show Bio

As we all know, sadly, Nico died in Avengers Arena #10. unfortunately I didn't know her very well, but what I do know, is that she was the unofficial leader of the Runaways and she was a very much loved character that meant a lot, to a lot of people. I even heard she helped people in very dark moments of their lives, I won't go into details but to say she was a huge influence.

To me a character, fictional or otherwise, that has such influence and such presence that it affects real people, has to be acknowledged and respected.

So I would like to invite everyone to come and give their acknowledgement and respect to such a beloved character.

R.I.P Nico Minoru? You will be greatly missed - Marvel did it again

I intentionally didn't add any spoilers, as I want to keep this thread as a conduit for people to express what Nico was to them.

For those looking for spoilers and to find out how it happened, head here: Avengers Arena discussion forum, or read her profile you will find all you need there.

#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35023 posts) - - Show Bio

spoilers

Online
#3 Edited by animehunter (2297 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35023 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter: That's not what I meant, you kind of spoiled the issues for anybody who hasn't read it in your title.

Online
#5 Edited by animehunter (2297 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: I see, my apologies then. but as it's been over48hrs and if you read the other threads, you would see it was spoiled way before I set this up. But I get what what your saying, and I apologise if you haven't read it yet. At least I didn't put up any details of how she died.

And thank you for not asking me to put "spoilers" on my title, for the title itself should indicate this.

#6 Edited by Aiden Cross (15526 posts) - - Show Bio

:(

#7 Posted by Tacos_Kickass (844 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice spoiler dude. Give you a 5 out of 5 with the spoiler skills, especially for acting like you didn't spoil anything.

#8 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6536 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter said:

@jonny_anonymous: I see, my apologies then. but as it's been over48hrs and if you read the other threads, you would see it was spoiled way before I set this up. But I get what what your saying, and I apologise if you haven't read it yet. At least I didn't put up any details of how she died.

And thank you for not asking me to put "spoilers" on my title, for the title itself should indicate this.

I don't think 48 hours is long enough. And people have probably been avoiding other threads in order to avoid spoilers.

For example, I often don't have the opportunity to get to a shop to get my comics, as there isn't one local enough for it to be convenient for me every week, so I have to rely on Ebay shops. When ordering, issues most often arrive on the Monday after they are released, so I have to avoid spoilers for 5 or 6 days.

There are probably people that don't use my system/methods, and have to wait longer after the release date to get the comics they read.

If I was a Nico fan, or an Avengers Arena reader, I'd be pretty annoyed about the issue being spoiled for me, in the title of the thread. Please be more careful if you have something to spoil sometime.

#9 Edited by akbogert (3227 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to admit, this was pretty hard for me to cope with (and at the moment I mean spoilers). I found out on Monday, two days before the issue popped. And already, I almost did not care about spoilers. That was how angry I was about the death -- and a very large part of me, rational, defensible, or not, figured if people were going to continue to support this book, then anything I could do that would make it less enjoyable to them, the better. It wasn't just that I didn't worry about spoilers; I actively wanted to spoil it. Part of me thought "if I can't make this book go away, at least I can convince people that looking forward to it is going to be a difficult task from here on out."

Now I know all that's irrational. I'm not defending it. Just saying how I felt. And honestly, considering how much I care about Nico, and how much I love Runaways, and the fact that this book just terminated that franchise and that Hopeless joked about killing her in the letters page right after, I still sort of feel that way. Anyone who was a fan of Nico or the Runaways should know by now she's dead. Heck. Maybe it will anger them and keep them from picking up the issue they had planned on giving money to. I know a lot of people who read this, were sickened, and announced they were done with the series. So if spoiling it actually kept one person from paying for something that was going to make them sick, maybe I can justify that.

As I said in another thread, this book marked a turning point. I can't speak for others, but Nico was the first character in this book who had truly touched my life and is now dead. Her brutal murder has made enemies of me and people who thoroughly enjoy this title. Previously I questioned if the cost to fan emotion justified whatever intrigue or entertainment the book caused. With Nico dead, my answer is a resounding "no." Henceforth Dennis Hopeless actually mentioned on Twitter that they expect people to be more upset. It's going to continue to be bad. And henceforth my disgust of the book bleeds out onto the people who are enjoying it and disregarding entirely the emotional impact it is having on other people. It's really that simple. Yes, Nico was a fictional character. But so is every comic character. Nico impacted lives -- as good art does. Ripping her away (and in so terrible a fashion) absolutely has a real impact, and that's not childishness or pettiness, that's responding to art the way art is designed to make you respond.

#10 Posted by animehunter (2297 posts) - - Show Bio

@tacos_kickass: @jonny_anonymous: @v_scarlotte_rose: I've taken your concerns into consideration and in order to be fair to others, I have replaced the title with "IF you haven't read Avengers Arena 10-Spoiler" and will return to the original title on Monday of next week. I certainly did not mean to cause a stir and really did feel that enough time has passed for me to do this. I hope this shows that I take things like this seriously. for I always use spoiler blocks where necessary and I always try to use vague titles and tag them as spoilers, unless the title it self is the spoiler.

#11 Posted by daredevil21134 (12647 posts) - - Show Bio

Another stupid move by Marvel.She was awsome!

#12 Posted by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert said:

I have to admit, this was pretty hard for me to cope with (and at the moment I mean spoilers). I found out on Monday, two days before the issue popped. And already, I almost did not care about spoilers. That was how angry I was about the death -- and a very large part of me, rational, defensible, or not, figured if people were going to continue to support this book, then anything I could do that would make it less enjoyable to them, the better. It wasn't just that I didn't worry about spoilers; I actively wanted to spoil it. Part of me thought "if I can't make this book go away, at least I can convince people that looking forward to it is going to be a difficult task from here on out."

Now I know all that's irrational. I'm not defending it. Just saying how I felt. And honestly, considering how much I care about Nico, and how much I love Runaways, and the fact that this book just terminated that franchise and that Hopeless joked about killing her in the letters page right after, I still sort of feel that way. Anyone who was a fan of Nico or the Runaways should know by now she's dead. Heck. Maybe it will anger them and keep them from picking up the issue they had planned on giving money to. I know a lot of people who read this, were sickened, and announced they were done with the series. So if spoiling it actually kept one person from paying for something that was going to make them sick, maybe I can justify that.

As I said in another thread, this book marked a turning point. I can't speak for others, but Nico was the first character in this book who had truly touched my life and is now dead. Her brutal murder has made enemies of me and people who thoroughly enjoy this title. Previously I questioned if the cost to fan emotion justified whatever intrigue or entertainment the book caused. With Nico dead, my answer is a resounding "no." Henceforth Dennis Hopeless actually mentioned on Twitter that they expect people to be more upset. It's going to continue to be bad. And henceforth my disgust of the book bleeds out onto the people who are enjoying it and disregarding entirely the emotional impact it is having on other people. It's really that simple. Yes, Nico was a fictional character. But so is every comic character. Nico impacted lives -- as good art does. Ripping her away (and in so terrible a fashion) absolutely has a real impact, and that's not childishness or pettiness, that's responding to art the way art is designed to make you respond.

I must agree.I just got into the character recently and I mean,such an amazing character,just wasted and thrown away....

Hell,let's just keep doing that,right?

Kill amazing characters without a second thought and just leave it at that. let's just kill great characters rich in history.......

#13 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1484 posts) - - Show Bio

What pisses me off is that they're trying to make Cammi replace Nico. Notice that whole scene where Cammi disses the team for Nico? Yeah, they're trying to make her replace her.

God, her death was pathetically done. Waste of a good character for what?

#14 Posted by WonderWoman100 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Nico Is One Of My Favourite Characters In Runaways and Now She Is Gone :(

#15 Posted by animehunter (2297 posts) - - Show Bio

CAN'T BELIEVE IT, MARVEL DID IT TO ME "AGAIN"

I really don't know why I am at all surprised, Here have a look why - Twists!( SPOILERS!)

#16 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18713 posts) - - Show Bio

What pisses me off is that they're trying to make Cammi replace Nico. Notice that whole scene where Cammi disses the team for Nico? Yeah, they're trying to make her replace her.

God, her death was pathetically done. Waste of a good character for what?

she isn't dead ;)

Online
#17 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

CAN'T BELIEVE IT, MARVEL DID IT TO ME "AGAIN"

I really don't know why I am at all surprised, Here have a look why - Twists!( SPOILERS!)

I don't even...

I mean, I can't...

O_O

I found out a few hours ago but still....I am wary...

#18 Posted by animehunter (2297 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: you're right, let us just hope that it's not a repeat of what happened to Juston

#19 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: you're right, let us just hope that it's not a repeat of what happened to Juston

That is my fear, exactly.

#20 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1484 posts) - - Show Bio

@cafeterialoca said:

What pisses me off is that they're trying to make Cammi replace Nico. Notice that whole scene where Cammi disses the team for Nico? Yeah, they're trying to make her replace her.

God, her death was pathetically done. Waste of a good character for what?

she isn't dead ;)

Hopeless says on Twitter "Death is permanent, and Nico is dead"

She's probably just possessed by the staff. Once she kills Apex or Arcade, she'll be a corpse again.

#21 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18713 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@cafeterialoca said:

What pisses me off is that they're trying to make Cammi replace Nico. Notice that whole scene where Cammi disses the team for Nico? Yeah, they're trying to make her replace her.

God, her death was pathetically done. Waste of a good character for what?

she isn't dead ;)

Hopeless says on Twitter "Death is permanent, and Nico is dead"

She's probably just possessed by the staff. Once she kills Apex or Arcade, she'll be a corpse again.

Writers say many things to keep people coming back, but hey you could be right

but i think we both want her to come back, and the solicist do say that there was a TWIST!!! so lets see how it turns out

Online
#22 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1484 posts) - - Show Bio

@cafeterialoca said:

@theacidskull said:

@cafeterialoca said:

What pisses me off is that they're trying to make Cammi replace Nico. Notice that whole scene where Cammi disses the team for Nico? Yeah, they're trying to make her replace her.

God, her death was pathetically done. Waste of a good character for what?

she isn't dead ;)

Hopeless says on Twitter "Death is permanent, and Nico is dead"

She's probably just possessed by the staff. Once she kills Apex or Arcade, she'll be a corpse again.

Writers say many things to keep people coming back, but hey you could be right

but i think we both want her to come back, and the solicist do say that there was a TWIST!!! so lets see how it turns out

At this point? I'm not hopeful.
Once Hazmat dies, then I lost all the characters I was rooting for...

#23 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18713 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@cafeterialoca said:

@theacidskull said:

@cafeterialoca said:

What pisses me off is that they're trying to make Cammi replace Nico. Notice that whole scene where Cammi disses the team for Nico? Yeah, they're trying to make her replace her.

God, her death was pathetically done. Waste of a good character for what?

she isn't dead ;)

Hopeless says on Twitter "Death is permanent, and Nico is dead"

She's probably just possessed by the staff. Once she kills Apex or Arcade, she'll be a corpse again.

Writers say many things to keep people coming back, but hey you could be right

but i think we both want her to come back, and the solicist do say that there was a TWIST!!! so lets see how it turns out

At this point? I'm not hopeful.

Once Hazmat dies, then I lost all the characters I was rooting for...

neither am i but it's clear that Nico is alive, and maybe hopeless has been paying attention to requests. either ways..

why do you think hazmat will die? and death seems like a good option here TBH, either that or they become like Justin, who played along to kill others -__-

Online
#24 Posted by TDK_1997 (15075 posts) - - Show Bio

I will continue to say that all of these deaths in these book aren't permanent in my opinion.In the end everything will be reversed back and everyone will be alive (at least I hope so.)

#25 Posted by akbogert (3227 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

I will continue to say that all of these deaths in these book aren't permanent in my opinion.In the end everything will be reversed back and everyone will be alive (at least I hope so.)

The conclusion I came to as I was writing my blog was that if Nico turns out to actually be alive -- not possessed, not temporarily dealing with unfinished business, but legitimately resurrected -- then Hopeless lied, and if he lied about her, then there's no longer a reason to take for granted he was truthful about the non-VR. Heretofore I'd pointed to his assertions to the contrary as the strongest proof against the VR theory, but if he lies about one thing he could be lying about anything. Or, heck, he could be made into a liar if Marvel decides to change the ending/add an epilogue which changes it. I'd gladly take either, but until I actually see a truly living Nico, I am not going to allow myself the luxury of unfounded hope.

#26 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18713 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert said:

@tdk_1997 said:

I will continue to say that all of these deaths in these book aren't permanent in my opinion.In the end everything will be reversed back and everyone will be alive (at least I hope so.)

The conclusion I came to as I was writing my blog was that if Nico turns out to actually be alive -- not possessed, not temporarily dealing with unfinished business, but legitimately resurrected -- then Hopeless lied, and if he lied about her, then there's no longer a reason to take for granted he was truthful about the non-VR. Heretofore I'd pointed to his assertions to the contrary as the strongest proof against the VR theory, but if he lies about one thing he could be lying about anything. Or, heck, he could be made into a liar if Marvel decides to change the ending/add an epilogue which changes it. I'd gladly take either, but until I actually see a truly living Nico, I am not going to allow myself the luxury of unfounded hope.

You'd be surprised how many times writers lie, how else can they keep us interested :P

Online
#27 Posted by akbogert (3227 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: The thing is, it wasn't a question he had to answer. With so many people reaching out to him, it would have been easy to just not address the few who specifically asked about her possibly coming back. So if she's alive, and he made a point of going out of his way to say she was dead, then his going out of his way to dismiss the VR thing wouldn't be surprising.

I just don't think keeping people interested is really what his comments did. Frankly, by saying she was definitely, permanently dead, Hopeless actually made some people less likely to keep buying the series -- less likely than if he'd said nothing at all.

With VR it's not as cut and dry but the truth is there are some people who carry on believing it's VR even after his comments so that suggests that there's a decent portion of the readership that honestly wouldn't care one way or the other as long as the VR reveal was done well. Meanwhile, every time they drive home that it's not VR, they push potential readers further away who would be okay with the premise if its consequences weren't so absolutely dire.

So... yeah. I don't know. I just think that these particular lies are actually counterproductive when it comes to selling the book. Better to have said nothing and kept hope alive, regardless of whether it was merited.

#28 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18713 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert said:

@theacidskull: The thing is, it wasn't a question he had to answer. With so many people reaching out to him, it would have been easy to just not address the few who specifically asked about her possibly coming back. So if she's alive, and he made a point of going out of his way to say she was dead, then his going out of his way to dismiss the VR thing wouldn't be surprising.

I just don't think keeping people interested is really what his comments did. Frankly, by saying she was definitely, permanently dead, Hopeless actually made some people less likely to keep buying the series -- less likely than if he'd said nothing at all.

With VR it's not as cut and dry but the truth is there are some people who carry on believing it's VR even after his comments so that suggests that there's a decent portion of the readership that honestly wouldn't care one way or the other as long as the VR reveal was done well. Meanwhile, every time they drive home that it's not VR, they push potential readers further away who would be okay with the premise if its consequences weren't so absolutely dire.

So... yeah. I don't know. I just think that these particular lies are actually counterproductive when it comes to selling the book. Better to have said nothing and kept hope alive, regardless of whether it was merited.

good points man, lets just see where it goes. there is a possibility that nicos resurrection wasn't part of the plan, and hopeless did it because he wanted to please the fans, beats me ;P

Online
#29 Posted by Ms. Omega (4539 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn it :( I loved Nico :(

#30 Posted by TDK_1997 (15075 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert said:

@tdk_1997 said:

I will continue to say that all of these deaths in these book aren't permanent in my opinion.In the end everything will be reversed back and everyone will be alive (at least I hope so.)

The conclusion I came to as I was writing my blog was that if Nico turns out to actually be alive -- not possessed, not temporarily dealing with unfinished business, but legitimately resurrected -- then Hopeless lied, and if he lied about her, then there's no longer a reason to take for granted he was truthful about the non-VR. Heretofore I'd pointed to his assertions to the contrary as the strongest proof against the VR theory, but if he lies about one thing he could be lying about anything. Or, heck, he could be made into a liar if Marvel decides to change the ending/add an epilogue which changes it. I'd gladly take either, but until I actually see a truly living Nico, I am not going to allow myself the luxury of unfounded hope.

I think if everyone is brought back it won't start in the 11th issue but it will be teased in the end.It's quite early to make suggestions about what exactly is going to happen but I do think she is alive and in the end,the remaining characters will team up against Arcade and will defeat him and maybe he will reveal that everything was a joke and they are actually alive and this is just a psychic game or some other mumbo jumbo that Hopeless has thought about.

#31 Posted by akbogert (3227 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997: I don't expect it, but I've never been more willing to be wrong.

By the way, @animehunter is there a reason it says Issue 14 in the header?

#32 Posted by animehunter (2297 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert: think of like a small clue as to why I also included "Marvel did it again"

#33 Posted by animehunter (2297 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi everyone, I had to fix the header it was suppose to say issue 12, I have no idea where I got issue 14 from, sorry about that.

#34 Posted by TDK_1997 (15075 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert: I mean I don't think that Hopeless is an evil man and he will do such a bad thing but who knows.

#35 Posted by akbogert (3227 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997: well he didn't select those pages for preview, most likely. If they aren't what they look like, and that is immediately clear in context, then he can't be blamed for people jumping to conclusions a month before the issue comes out.

#36 Edited by TDK_1997 (15075 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert: It is always bad to jump to conclusions before evne buying the issue or having an idea what the thing will be like but everybody does it.

#37 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

Dropping the title from my pull.

I'm waiting till comic companies learn you don't need to constantly kill off characters to use as fillers due to crappy writing.


#38 Posted by akbogert (3227 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997: Sure, sure. But right now I'd say believing that Nico or ANY of the kids in this book who have been killed will be brought back to life is jumping to conclusions when they directly contradict what has been stated numerous times in interviews and on twitter, especially when the only "proof" is this set of previews which aren't proof of anything.

#39 Posted by TDK_1997 (15075 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert: Well it is.And I said thaat it is bad but we do it. :D

#40 Edited by akbogert (3227 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1484 posts) - - Show Bio

@cafeterialoca said:

@theacidskull said:

@cafeterialoca said:

@theacidskull said:

@cafeterialoca said:

What pisses me off is that they're trying to make Cammi replace Nico. Notice that whole scene where Cammi disses the team for Nico? Yeah, they're trying to make her replace her.

God, her death was pathetically done. Waste of a good character for what?

she isn't dead ;)

Hopeless says on Twitter "Death is permanent, and Nico is dead"

She's probably just possessed by the staff. Once she kills Apex or Arcade, she'll be a corpse again.

Writers say many things to keep people coming back, but hey you could be right

but i think we both want her to come back, and the solicist do say that there was a TWIST!!! so lets see how it turns out

At this point? I'm not hopeful.

Once Hazmat dies, then I lost all the characters I was rooting for...

neither am i but it's clear that Nico is alive, and maybe hopeless has been paying attention to requests. either ways..

why do you think hazmat will die? and death seems like a good option here TBH, either that or they become like Justin, who played along to kill others -__-

I doubt it. I think she's just a puppet and will die once the fights end. He wouldn't kill someone and take it back.


And Hazmat is being GUTTED by X-23! Her suit is punctured! She's not going to make it! And why is it better to lose her now and never see her again? I'm tired of the other heroes constantly being in circulation! I hate how nothing really bad happens to the Young Avengers, and Quentin Quire is the worst X-Teen ever, and he's EVERYWHERE never learning lessons!
This book has killed Teen Marvel for me!

#42 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18713 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@cafeterialoca said:

@theacidskull said:

@cafeterialoca said:

@theacidskull said:

@cafeterialoca said:

What pisses me off is that they're trying to make Cammi replace Nico. Notice that whole scene where Cammi disses the team for Nico? Yeah, they're trying to make her replace her.

God, her death was pathetically done. Waste of a good character for what?

she isn't dead ;)

Hopeless says on Twitter "Death is permanent, and Nico is dead"

She's probably just possessed by the staff. Once she kills Apex or Arcade, she'll be a corpse again.

Writers say many things to keep people coming back, but hey you could be right

but i think we both want her to come back, and the solicist do say that there was a TWIST!!! so lets see how it turns out

At this point? I'm not hopeful.

Once Hazmat dies, then I lost all the characters I was rooting for...

neither am i but it's clear that Nico is alive, and maybe hopeless has been paying attention to requests. either ways..

why do you think hazmat will die? and death seems like a good option here TBH, either that or they become like Justin, who played along to kill others -__-

I doubt it. I think she's just a puppet and will die once the fights end. He wouldn't kill someone and take it back.

And Hazmat is being GUTTED by X-23! Her suit is punctured! She's not going to make it! And why is it better to lose her now and never see her again? I'm tired of the other heroes constantly being in circulation! I hate how nothing really bad happens to the Young Avengers, and Quentin Quire is the worst X-Teen ever, and he's EVERYWHERE never learning lessons!

This book has killed Teen Marvel for me!

because i'd rather have both x-23 and hazmat dead instead of having then kill others for their own safety, at least when they come back they characters won't be ruined. but yeah, AA sucks ass.

Online
#43 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1484 posts) - - Show Bio

@cafeterialoca said:

@theacidskull said:

@cafeterialoca said:

@theacidskull said:

@cafeterialoca said:

@theacidskull said:

@cafeterialoca said:

What pisses me off is that they're trying to make Cammi replace Nico. Notice that whole scene where Cammi disses the team for Nico? Yeah, they're trying to make her replace her.

God, her death was pathetically done. Waste of a good character for what?

she isn't dead ;)

Hopeless says on Twitter "Death is permanent, and Nico is dead"

She's probably just possessed by the staff. Once she kills Apex or Arcade, she'll be a corpse again.

Writers say many things to keep people coming back, but hey you could be right

but i think we both want her to come back, and the solicist do say that there was a TWIST!!! so lets see how it turns out

At this point? I'm not hopeful.

Once Hazmat dies, then I lost all the characters I was rooting for...

neither am i but it's clear that Nico is alive, and maybe hopeless has been paying attention to requests. either ways..

why do you think hazmat will die? and death seems like a good option here TBH, either that or they become like Justin, who played along to kill others -__-

I doubt it. I think she's just a puppet and will die once the fights end. He wouldn't kill someone and take it back.

And Hazmat is being GUTTED by X-23! Her suit is punctured! She's not going to make it! And why is it better to lose her now and never see her again? I'm tired of the other heroes constantly being in circulation! I hate how nothing really bad happens to the Young Avengers, and Quentin Quire is the worst X-Teen ever, and he's EVERYWHERE never learning lessons!

This book has killed Teen Marvel for me!

because i'd rather have both x-23 and hazmat dead instead of having then kill others for their own safety, at least when they come back they characters won't be ruined. but yeah, AA sucks ass.

X-23 will be back. Hazmat won't...

#44 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18713 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@cafeterialoca said:

@theacidskull said:

@cafeterialoca said:

@theacidskull said:

@cafeterialoca said:

@theacidskull said:

@cafeterialoca said:

What pisses me off is that they're trying to make Cammi replace Nico. Notice that whole scene where Cammi disses the team for Nico? Yeah, they're trying to make her replace her.

God, her death was pathetically done. Waste of a good character for what?

she isn't dead ;)

Hopeless says on Twitter "Death is permanent, and Nico is dead"

She's probably just possessed by the staff. Once she kills Apex or Arcade, she'll be a corpse again.

Writers say many things to keep people coming back, but hey you could be right

but i think we both want her to come back, and the solicist do say that there was a TWIST!!! so lets see how it turns out

At this point? I'm not hopeful.

Once Hazmat dies, then I lost all the characters I was rooting for...

neither am i but it's clear that Nico is alive, and maybe hopeless has been paying attention to requests. either ways..

why do you think hazmat will die? and death seems like a good option here TBH, either that or they become like Justin, who played along to kill others -__-

I doubt it. I think she's just a puppet and will die once the fights end. He wouldn't kill someone and take it back.

And Hazmat is being GUTTED by X-23! Her suit is punctured! She's not going to make it! And why is it better to lose her now and never see her again? I'm tired of the other heroes constantly being in circulation! I hate how nothing really bad happens to the Young Avengers, and Quentin Quire is the worst X-Teen ever, and he's EVERYWHERE never learning lessons!

This book has killed Teen Marvel for me!

because i'd rather have both x-23 and hazmat dead instead of having then kill others for their own safety, at least when they come back they characters won't be ruined. but yeah, AA sucks ass.

X-23 will be back. Hazmat won't...

you assume this popularity wise?

Online
#45 Edited by Cafeterialoca (1484 posts) - - Show Bio

@cafeterialoca said:

@theacidskull said:

@cafeterialoca said:

@theacidskull said:

@cafeterialoca said:

@theacidskull said:

@cafeterialoca said:

@theacidskull said:

@cafeterialoca said:

What pisses me off is that they're trying to make Cammi replace Nico. Notice that whole scene where Cammi disses the team for Nico? Yeah, they're trying to make her replace her.

God, her death was pathetically done. Waste of a good character for what?

she isn't dead ;)

Hopeless says on Twitter "Death is permanent, and Nico is dead"

She's probably just possessed by the staff. Once she kills Apex or Arcade, she'll be a corpse again.

Writers say many things to keep people coming back, but hey you could be right

but i think we both want her to come back, and the solicist do say that there was a TWIST!!! so lets see how it turns out

At this point? I'm not hopeful.

Once Hazmat dies, then I lost all the characters I was rooting for...

neither am i but it's clear that Nico is alive, and maybe hopeless has been paying attention to requests. either ways..

why do you think hazmat will die? and death seems like a good option here TBH, either that or they become like Justin, who played along to kill others -__-

I doubt it. I think she's just a puppet and will die once the fights end. He wouldn't kill someone and take it back.

And Hazmat is being GUTTED by X-23! Her suit is punctured! She's not going to make it! And why is it better to lose her now and never see her again? I'm tired of the other heroes constantly being in circulation! I hate how nothing really bad happens to the Young Avengers, and Quentin Quire is the worst X-Teen ever, and he's EVERYWHERE never learning lessons!

This book has killed Teen Marvel for me!

because i'd rather have both x-23 and hazmat dead instead of having then kill others for their own safety, at least when they come back they characters won't be ruined. but yeah, AA sucks ass.

X-23 will be back. Hazmat won't...

you assume this popularity wise?

Every other letter page is "Where is X-23?" "Can X-23 join Fearless Defenders?" "Can X-23 join Brian Wood's X-Men"

Meanwhile, the Hazmat fandom is just dying with the opening pages of Arena.

It's a sad time to be a Hazmat fan.

#46 Posted by akbogert (3227 posts) - - Show Bio

@cafeterialoca: It's a sad time to be a fan of any of these characters.

You saw how upset people got over Nico's death? People are going to go through that if X-23 dies. It really doesn't matter if she stands a better chance of coming back than anyone else. Losing her will rip a hole through people's hearts.

And as I've pointed out several times, Hazmat dying by X-23's hand when we get back to what we saw in issue 1 would be pretty darn anticlimactic. It's too obvious. Either they both live, they both die, or Laura dies; I sincerely doubt Laura will just kill her and that'll be that.

#47 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18713 posts) - - Show Bio

@cafeterialoca: i like both, x-23 more, but either way it sucks to be a teenage superhero fan

Online
#48 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1484 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert said:

@cafeterialoca: It's a sad time to be a fan of any of these characters.

You saw how upset people got over Nico's death? People are going to go through that if X-23 dies. It really doesn't matter if she stands a better chance of coming back than anyone else. Losing her will rip a hole through people's hearts.

And as I've pointed out several times, Hazmat dying by X-23's hand when we get back to what we saw in issue 1 would be pretty darn anticlimactic. It's too obvious. Either they both live, they both die, or Laura dies; I sincerely doubt Laura will just kill her and that'll be that.

This whole book is anticlimatic. She'll die. Just like that.

@cafeterialoca: i like both, x-23 more, but either way it sucks to be a teenage superhero fan

Which is why I curse the Young Avengers and Quentin Quire.

#49 Posted by animehunter (2297 posts) - - Show Bio

Things have been made a little clearer regarding her death

#50 Posted by akbogert (3227 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter: I disagree, given what has been established about the Staff of One's resurrection capacity. If the staff could be used to bring people back in a normal/good way, it would have been used on Gert. It would have been used on Old Lace. The fact that it wasn't used in such a way when the characters were under the pen of their creator suggests that it cannot be -- and last I checked the living Nico did not have glowing purple eyes or remain taciturn. I'm not saying she's not back -- because Hopeless has ignored canon in enough ways that I won't begrudge him doing so to resurrect a character I love -- but I'm also not going to take anything for granted until this series is over.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.