Follow

Nico Minoru

Character » Nico Minoru appears in 354 issues.

The daughter of Robert & Tina Minoru who is the unofficial leader of the Runaways. She possesses the Staff of One, a mystical staff which can grand any wish, but only once.

Avengers Arena 10

csguterres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Who else was shocked with the ending?

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

Considering the solicits all but showed her bleeding out in the snow, the fact that she died just the way they made it look like she would die was...

...like...

...the opposite of shocking.

csguterres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't read any preview or solicit, I was really shocked LOL

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By akbogert

@csguterres: Well, that's fair.

I and many others who did see the solicit took for granted that Nico would die. So it wasn't shocking. Just really, really disgusting and infuriating.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Do not be to surprised its a shit book that is full of shock for the sake of shock so they will end up killing most characters off. Then give Marvel six months and they will bring them back to life and Hopeless will be moved to a lesser book.

csguterres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By csguterres

@akbogert

That's sad to know that Marvel allowed good characters to be wasted just for shock value... I was expecting to see Nico, Chase, X-23, Hazmat, Reptil and Deathlocket (she is the only new character I liked) live through all the story... (But I hated the fact that Mettle and Juston died as well)

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Its honestly one of the worst cases of fridging i have ever seen...

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By akbogert

@csguterres: Yes, well, I take back my answer. I said earlier I wasn't shocked, but that's because I had only read the couple pages in which she was crawling bloodily to her staff.

That was before I read back a bit further to discover that Hopeless had used Chase to blow her arm off and dropkick her off the cliff, right as she was relieved to see him and attempting to apologize.

I actually AM shocked, now.

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 3

Shocked? No, I called it when issue 4 had Chase say he didn't want to win. So OF COURSE Nico would die cause "Everything people want to happen in this book won't!"
    And it's a cheap death. Cheap as hell! Nowhere did Nico A) Ever remembered the other Runaways B) Do any awesome spells C) Even fight! She died saving Hopeless' new characters!

And here's the worst of it. ALL THE FAN FAVORITES ARE DYING! Only one, ONE new character died! In fact, the whole book is revolving around the new characters! They're killing our favorites just so we can have Deathlockette, Axe Bro and Bobby Hill get their own books!

IT
    IS
    INFURIATING!!!

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
    Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Not all fans :D

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Mercy_

smh

csguterres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shocked? No, I called it when issue 4 had Chase say he didn't want to win. So OF COURSE Nico would die cause "Everything people want to happen in this book won't!"

And it's a cheap death. Cheap as hell! Nowhere did Nico A) Ever remembered the other Runaways B) Do any awesome spells C) Even fight! She died saving Hopeless' new characters!

And here's the worst of it. ALL THE FAN FAVORITES ARE DYING! Only one, ONE new character died! In fact, the whole book is revolving around the new characters! They're killing our favorites just so we can have Deathlockette, Axe Bro and Bobby Hill get their own books!

IT

IS

INFURIATING!!!

Actually, two new characters died, Kid Briton and Red Raven. I actually think more new characters will die, but not now, because there wasn't enough time for us to care about them, so he will probably develop them better first, and kill them off later. But I also disliked Nico's death, as well as Juston's and Mettle's.

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csguterres said:

@cafeterialoca said:

IT

IS

INFURIATING!!!

Actually, two new characters died, Kid Briton and Red Raven. I actually think more new characters will die, but not now, because there wasn't enough time for us to care about them, so he will probably develop them better first, and kill them off later. But I also disliked Nico's death, as well as Juston's and Mettle's.

Actually, Red Raven was an established character. She died without saying a single word.

csguterres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csguterres said:

@cafeterialoca said:

IT

IS

INFURIATING!!!

Actually, Red Raven was an established character. She died without saying a single word.

Wow, I didn't know Red Raven before... I thought Hopeless had created her just to kill her off for shock value...

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cafeterialoca said:

@csguterres said:

@cafeterialoca said:

IT

IS

INFURIATING!!!

Wow, I didn't know Red Raven before... I thought Hopeless had created her just to kill her off for shock value...

Exactly why it's so annoying. She died without saying a single word.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csguterres said:

Exactly why it's so annoying. She died without saying a single word.

Indeed. There actually isn't an excuse for that death; he could have created a character if that was the only thing she would do. And the fact that she was so obscure that most people didn't even know she was pre-established kind of proves that her death wasn't any more impactful than a new character's would have been :/

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Hopeless is officially an enemy and a dumbass

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.