I can't add his first appearance

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By pixelized

So I was trying to add Nick to a few issuses of Universe, but even with an alias, he wasn't showing up unil i gave him a first appearance. bug? idk. ANyway, now when i type in "universe" there's sooooooooooooo Many different titles that the one that i'm looking for isn't even an option, is there a way around that?

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By fesak  Moderator

The list only shows 12 characters, and if there are 12 characters with the same name, and with more appearances than your character he won't show up.
    The only thing you can do is add an unusual alias, or make up a temporary alias that will show up in the search.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pixelized

But it's the issues that are troubling me. His first appearance was Universe #2. You can't give an issue page an alias can ypu?

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By fesak  Moderator
    pixelized said:
    "But it's the issues that are troubling me. His first appearance was Universe #2. You can't give an issue page an alias can ypu?"

Ah, okay. Do as Aztek said and temporary rename the volume.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pixelized

Oh thank you, i didn't even know that was an option.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By gmanfromheck

I can't say I'm too crazy about changing the name of a volume even temporarily.  I'd hate for it to get messed up.  The search works on appearances.  The more there is, the higher on the list it will show.  We do plan on addressing this problem.  I know it's annoying.  I couldn't add the Heroes volume to the hardcover review I did.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pixelized

.... I guess i'll change the volume name back then. I just wanted to edit some "first appearances" and "first meeting" type of things.

Btw, i did change the volume name from Universe, to Universe: Tom Judge and it's not showing up at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.