Does Anybody Else Find This Funny?

#1 Posted by The Lobster (1504 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anybody else find it funny that Nick Necro is an enemy of John Constantine, and yet he looks just like the Keanu Reeves version of Constantine we saw in the film?

Do you guys think this was done on purpose?

#2 Posted by MatKrenz (1233 posts) - - Show Bio

It is very possible. Lemire is a clever writer. But ill be honest I do like the movie, I realize it's so far gone from the comics but at some point you have to say that this movie is it's own entity and must be judged accordingly.

#3 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3501 posts) - - Show Bio
@MatKrenz: I agree. It's actually the reason I looked into the comic, which I fell in love with for it's own charm.
#4 Posted by Vortex13 (12249 posts) - - Show Bio

@MatKrenz: I'll admit that I like the movie too. It helps that I saw it a while before I started reading Hellblazer lol. But that's the thing I will always have to have a soft spot for the movie because that it what made me want to check out the comic. Which is immeasurably better. Yeah I love me some Constantine lol.

#5 Edited by The Lobster (1504 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeff Lemire was at a Q and A at my college today, I asked him if the similarity between Nick Necro and the Keanu Reeves Constantine was intentional or not and he said "yes it was, but I'm not supposed to say that." 

He seemed like a Cool guy, really down to earth.

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the whole thing is a pile of crap

#7 Posted by Billy Batson (57904 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I saw the connection too. At least we know they did it on purpose.
At first I lol'd but then I serious'd.
BB

#8 Posted by dondave (35896 posts) - - Show Bio

It is very possible. Lemire is a clever writer. But ill be honest I do like the movie, I realize it's so far gone from the comics but at some point you have to say that this movie is it's own entity and must be judged accordingly.

QFT

#9 Posted by The Lobster (1504 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

It's true, here's the link of the recording. You can here me ask the question "Is Nick Necro based off the Keanu Reeves version of Constantine?" and he answers.

#10 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Lobster said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

It's true, here's the link of the recording. You can here me ask the question "Is Nick Necro based off the Keanu Reeves version of Constantine?" and he answers.

I meant the JLD in general is a pile of crap

#11 Posted by The Lobster (1504 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@The Lobster said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

I meant the JLD in general is a pile of crap

oooooh, your the Debby Downer of this thread....okay, my bad.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.