Samuel L. Jackson Talks 'Thor'

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

The actor finds out about his role in the upcoming film...the hard way

I admit that one of the coolest things about Samuel L. Jackson is the fact that the actor loves his comic books, which is one reason why I am so glad to have him on board for that 9 picture deal with Marvel. We reported that the actor had signed on to play Nick Fury in Iron Man II in as many as 9 additional Marvel movies back in February and speculated over what films, other than Iron Man, that the actor would appear in as the S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent. Evidently, that would include Kenneth Branagh directed THOR, which is presently in production. At least according to the cast list, Jackson is set to appear in the upcoming Thor film, whether or not he knows it. In a recent interview, Jackson was asked about ' Thor,' he replied he had no idea he would be appearing in the upcoming film!

"Nobody's told me anything," Jackson laughed when asked about the "Thor" role. "I was reading the trades last week and I saw the cast list. My name was in it, so maybe I am doing something that I don't know about and I'll hear about it soon."

Can you imagine being signed on to work, but no one tells you? At least they wouldn't be able to yell at you for not coming in!

"I don't know what's going on," he said. "Since Disney's bought the franchise, I have no idea what Marvel told them or even if my deal with Marvel is still valid."

While I highly doubt that the Marvel/Disney deal had anything to do with the fact that no one told him he would be appearing in the upcoming THOR film, it is still relatively funny to find out about an upcoming role in the most roundabout way. The fact remains though, that while I disagree with Jackson as far as the Marvel/Disney stuff goes, I admit it is refreshing to see that the actor is aware of the deal. What do you guys think of Jackson's upcoming appearance in the 'Thor' movie? Are you like me, and hope he gets more screen time than what he received in those last few minutes of the first 'Iron Man'?
#1 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

The fact that someone hasn't told him yet probably just means that its going to be a very small role, probably one scene like in Iron Man. So they can shoot it at any time, just get him to come in a single day and shoot what they need whenever he's available. I was worried that he wasn't going to be in it when they mentioned that Agent Coulson was going to be in Thor. I thought the reason that Sam Jackson was signed up for 9 movies was that he was going to be the consistent factor in the Marvel movies so this is good.

#2 Edited by timrothsays (653 posts) - - Show Bio

He was making fun so that you (reporters, journalists) would write something about "Sam doesn't even know about his films!"

He's a funny guy xD

#3 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4164 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey sometimes jobs just sneak up on you. Can't blame the guy its not his fault he signed a big time contract to be in multiple movies that haven't been named yet.

God its got to be hard being Sam Jackson :)

#4 Posted by sora_thekey (8158 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there a probability that he's hiding any information about his role?
#5 Posted by timrothsays (653 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey: 100%, lol
#6 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7657 posts) - - Show Bio

The guy oozes cool

#7 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey said:
" Is there a probability that he's hiding any information about his role? "
nah. Sam is always pretty straight forward about these things. if he was trying to hide something, he would have said that we know what we know, and he wouldnt add or subtract anything from that.

i hope he just gets another quick appearance. I dont think i'd like him in the full story. But maybe him and Stark talking about the avenger initiative for a few minutes and how Thor factors into it...
#8 Posted by Marshal Victory (677 posts) - - Show Bio

"I don't know what's going on," he said. "Since Disney's bought the franchise, I have no idea what Marvel told them or even if my deal with Marvel is still valid."

Thats a bit worrysome /intresting line right their.Hopefuly that doesnt translate to i want more money.

#9 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3550 posts) - - Show Bio

Quite possibly. The role could be so small he is on set for a day or just a few hours. Much in the same way Robert Downey Jr. was at the tail end of The Hulk.

#10 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not a huge fan of him, he is a huge over actor....
#11 Posted by GreenGriffin (67 posts) - - Show Bio

He just so awesome, Alot of people say MotherF'er, but he just seems to say it the coolest.
#12 Posted by Nahero (9915 posts) - - Show Bio

i bet all my money on sammy
#13 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it'd be better if Hulk makes a cameo in Thor. Becuase then a pattern will ensue in cameos. 

Nick Fury in Iron Man 
Iron Man in Hulk 
Hulk in Thor. 

It's logical! But still, Nick Fury would be good in the film too.
#14 Posted by Icariscubed (40 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll have another Sam Jackson plz, AS A MATTER OF FACT, KEEP'EM COMING, B*&^%$!

#15 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

thats great 
#16 Posted by VenomMelendez (405 posts) - - Show Bio
@They Killed Cap!:
Yes, he is over...verly awesome.
#17 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2771 posts) - - Show Bio

Whenever a cool actor and fellow comic book connoisseur gets to participate in projects I know they appreciate, a mutant grows it's wings. 

#18 Posted by DeathDefyingDevil (722 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by King Saturn (223972 posts) - - Show Bio
gotta love Samuel L. Jackson... 
#20 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Sylar0 (115 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that he is in the movie but he just doesn't want to tell us so we can be surprized we he shows up in the movie.
#22 Posted by Dark Cell (447 posts) - - Show Bio

lol good interview
#23 Posted by Gothic Storm (842 posts) - - Show Bio
@timrothsays said:
" He was making fun so that you (reporters, journalists) would write something about "Sam doesn't even know about his films!"  He's a funny guy xD "
I agree with this statement. Hollywood actors are used to these types of questions and most of them know how to manipulate their answers so that they get more "time" on the boards. Right now we're helping Sam get his wish! Nicely done, Mr. Jackson... or shall we call you Nick from now on?
#24 Posted by Fleonix (169 posts) - - Show Bio

I just not happy with having the ultimate Nick Fury, being the Nick fury that is being shown in the movies.....and Samuel Jackson love his Movies but Im still pissed that the original Nick Fury is not in the Big Screen.

#25 Posted by mavfan626 (4121 posts) - - Show Bio

i like Samuel Jackson but hes a movie whore! i swear he in 10 movie a year

#26 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4720 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fleonix said:
" I just not happy with having the ultimate Nick Fury, being the Nick fury that is being shown in the movies.....and Samuel Jackson love his Movies but Im still pissed that the original Nick Fury is not in the Big Screen. "
U had his Shoot... Hassle Holf let Nick DOWN

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.