Sam Jackson Signs 9 Picture Deal With Marvel

• 76 results
Posted by G-Man (34459 posts) - - Show Bio
Looks like Samuel Jackson got his way, and then some.  Variety has just reported that the actor has signed a deal with Marvel to play Nick Fury in "Iron Man 2" and a whole bunch of other possible movies.
Jackson's deal is a long-term commitment to play Fury, the leader of the espionage unit the Shield. His deal contains an option to play the character in nine future Marvel superhero films, efforts that are expected to include "Captain America," "Thor," "The Avengers" and "The Shield" as well as potential sequels.

Wait, what?  "The Shield"?  Is that a movie on the making of Captain America's shield?  So what could the nine movies be?  In the quote is four (if you count whatever "The Shield" is).  We'll have Iron Man 2 and 3.  That makes six.  Another Hulk movie?  Seven.  Wasn't there talk of an Ant-Man movie?  Eight.  What's number nine?  "Power Pack"? 

Either way, this is good news.  No mention on how much money will be passing hands and whether or not a new deal was made or if Sam just took the previously offered amount.  I like Sam Jackson.  I don't think he's crucial to the role or movies but it's good to keep some things consistent.

So what could that ninth movie be...?
Staff
#1 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio

and here I was hoping for Tom Cruise lol

#2 Posted by inferiorego (24845 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"

"

Damage Control? That would be my dream...
Staff
#3 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

WOOHOO

#4 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"What's number nine?  "Power Pack"?"
I hope so.

This all sounds like good news to me.
#5 Posted by Black L.A.M.P. (84 posts) - - Show Bio

It shows nick furyat the end of iron man after the credits.

#6 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor
Captain America
Iron Man 2
Avengers
Ant-Man
SHIELD
Iron Man 3?
Incredible Hulk 2?
Spider-Man 4?

#7 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio

spider-man is by sony so no

#8 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

That is pretty good news IMO. I like how Marvel is doing it with the movies and keeping consistency

#9 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

Hellz yeah!

#10 Posted by Meanstreak (415 posts) - - Show Bio

Sam is about to get paid. I wonder should I send him the letter that he's my father now or wait for the money to start rolling in. lol

#11 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio
Meanstreak said:
"Sam is about to get paid. I wonder should I send him the letter that he's my father now or wait for the money to start rolling in. lol"
lmao!
#12 Posted by danhimself (22564 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"
Looks like Samuel Jackson got his way, and then some.  Variety has just reported that the actor has signed a deal with Marvel to play Nick Fury in "Iron Man 2" and a whole bunch of other possible movies.
Jackson's deal is a long-term commitment to play Fury, the leader of the espionage unit the Shield. His deal contains an option to play the character in nine future Marvel superhero films, efforts that are expected to include "Captain America," "Thor," "The Avengers" and "The Shield" as well as potential sequels.

Wait, what?  "The Shield"?  Is that a movie on the making of Captain America's shield?  So what could the nine movies be?  In the quote is four (if you count whatever "The Shield" is).  We'll have Iron Man 2 and 3.  That makes six.  Another Hulk movie?  Seven.  Wasn't there talk of an Ant-Man movie?  Eight.  What's number nine?  "Power Pack"? 

Either way, this is good news.  No mention on how much money will be passing hands and whether or not a new deal was made or if Sam just took the previously offered amount.  I like Sam Jackson.  I don't think he's crucial to the role or movies but it's good to keep some things consistent.

"
maybe they mean the shield as in s.h.i.e.l.d.
#13 Posted by Black L.A.M.P. (84 posts) - - Show Bio

Warmachine might be in iron man2.
#14 Posted by King Saturn (224220 posts) - - Show Bio
Damn... Samuel L. Jackson is doing it big now huh ? And wont he be a little too old to be doing some of these roles through a 9 picture deal ? I mean Sam is 60 years old now...
#15 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio

he is?

#16 Posted by Meanstreak (415 posts) - - Show Bio

60....damn, that ni99@ about to kick the bucket any minute now. lol

#17 Posted by King Saturn (224220 posts) - - Show Bio
Chaos Agent said:
"he is?
"
Yes Sir... according to IMDB, Samuel L. Jackson was born on December 21, 1948. So Yeah... Sam is 60 years old
#18 Posted by G-Man (34459 posts) - - Show Bio
danhimself said:

"maybe they mean the shield as in s.h.i.e.l.d."
Yeah, that's what I thought of after I posted it.  Making a S.H.I.E.L.D. movie would make sense.
Staff
#19 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"danhimself said:

Yeah, that's what I thought of after I posted it.  Making a S.H.I.E.L.D. movie would make sense.
"
and here I thought you were joking about now knowing what shield would be, I've never read any Nick Fury comics (apart from Weapon X #14) but I've always automatically linked him to SHIELD
#20 Posted by King Saturn (224220 posts) - - Show Bio
Yes They Better Make A S.H.I.E.L.D. Movie  !  And I Hope They Burn In Hell  !  - Samuel L. Jackson
#21 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Good job Marvel, you didn't go cheap!

#22 Posted by Giuseppe Riccadonna (2071 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman.

#23 Posted by HaloKing343 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, that's a lot of movies. About time Marvel decided to make Jackson play himself.

#24 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

A SHIELD Movie??? awww, why??? that doesn't even sound fun.

#25 Edited by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man said:

"danhimself said:

"
Maybe we'll get Mockingbird with a S.H.I.E.L.D film...Don't know why I'm loving her right now
#26 Posted by The Wondering Spider (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

HELL YEAH! 

GO SAM! :D

#27 Posted by Collin(Colli) Mckormic (20 posts) - - Show Bio
Kurrent said:
G-Man said:
"danhimself said:

"
Maybe we'll get a Mockingbird with a S.H.I.E.L.D film...Don't know why I'm loving her right now
"
Tight costume great ass, whats not to love.
#28 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio
Collin(Colli) Mckormic said:
"Kurrent said:
G-Man said:
"danhimself said:

"
Maybe we'll get a Mockingbird with a S.H.I.E.L.D film...Don't know why I'm loving her right now
"
Tight costume great ass, whats not to love.
"
LMAO my thoughts exactly.
#29 Posted by Tainted-Cell (299 posts) - - Show Bio

Nine future movies, hmmmm.
1.) Iron Man 2
2.) Thor
3.) Captain America
4.) The Ulti... err... Avengers
5.) Nick Fury: Agent of SHIELD
6.) Possible Hulk sequel
7.) Ant-Man
8.) Possible Captain America sequel
9.) Iron Man 3

Don't really know why he would be in the Thor movie, though....

#30 Posted by King Saturn (224220 posts) - - Show Bio
Hopefully they can get all these films in before he hits 70 years old

lol
#31 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"A SHIELD Movie???  that doesn't even sound fun.
"
Three words: Metal gear solid
#32 Posted by DEADPOOL (2710 posts) - - Show Bio

'Bout time, I just hope he didn't milk them.

#33 Posted by Brotha-Man (89 posts) - - Show Bio

Samuel L. Jackson is one of my favorite actors ever since I saw Pulp Fiction as a little kid. I'm all for seeing him constantly on upcoming movies.

#34 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice choice marvel!

#35 Posted by Irving Forbush (37 posts) - - Show Bio

SHIELD: Rise of Hydra maybe? That'd be fun if the right guy is cast to play Strucker and the right actress for Viper XD

#36 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The most overrated actor of ALL MOTHER F#$%ING TIME!

#37 Posted by Toastalchemist (169 posts) - - Show Bio

I think "the sheild" is a Nick Fury solo movie, since he works for shield and all.

#38 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like he knew what he was doing when he bulked on returning as Iron Man 2. Seems I remember someone saying something about it back then. Glad it all got worked out. 9 movies, damn, that's alot of Marvel.

#39 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio
Hawk said:
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

He's not really overrated.People know he's not the best actor in the world..nor is his performance in every movie worth mentioning..but you have to admit...he has a certain presence in a movie that makes it worth watching.Snakes on a plane was like the 4th worst movie I have ever seen in my entire life...but you know why I watched it..because Samuel .L made the movie something to watch.
#40 Posted by King Saturn (224220 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Hawk said:
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

He's not really overrated.People know he's not the best actor in the world..nor is his performance in every movie worth mentioning..but you have to admit...he has a certain presence in a movie that makes it worth watching.Snakes on a plane was like the 4th worst movie I have ever seen in my entire life...but you know why I watched it..because Samuel .L made the movie something to watch.
"
I agree... Samuel L. Jackson brings something to films that make them interesting to watch
#41 Posted by Hermod (79 posts) - - Show Bio

idk, maybe he will appear, if marvel really want's to be a sequel whore, in spiderman 4 since all of his involvement in the ultimate spiderman series

#42 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"pixelized said:
"
"
Four Words: Never Heard of It
#43 Posted by Nitric (948 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Nighthunter said:
"pixelized said:
"
"
"
Whaaaaaa???? Never heard of Metal Gear Solid???
#44 Posted by King Saturn (224220 posts) - - Show Bio
Nitric said:
"pixelized said:
"Nighthunter said:
"pixelized said:
"
"
"
Whaaaaaa???? Never heard of Metal Gear Solid???
"
Yeah... that is a little surprising...
#45 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

must have rolled right under my radar.

#46 Posted by King Saturn (224220 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"must have rolled right under my radar.
"
Yeah I guess so
#47 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Sam stays as Fury... YAY!!

(And I'm probably one of 5 people in the world who would loveto see a Power Pack movie)

I never realised the likeness until Nighhunter mentioned it!!

Old Snake
Nick Fury

#48 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio

YAY!!! I love Samuel L Jackon. Great actor ^_^ He is in quite a few of my fave movies [Die Hard: With a Vegence, The Long Kiss Goodnight, Losing Isiah (First movie I ever saw Halle Berry in), The Stars Wars Trilogy.]

#49 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, this will just merge the whole Marvel movie universe together. Sweet.

#50 Posted by inferiorego (24845 posts) - - Show Bio
xerox-kitty said:
"

Sam stays as Fury... YAY!!

(And I'm probably one of 5 people in the world who would loveto see a Power Pack movie)

I never realised the likeness until Nighhunter mentioned it!!

Old Snake
Nick Fury

"
stupid konami....
Staff

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.