George Clooney?

#1 Posted by Blam (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Would George Clooney make a better Nick Furry then Samuel?

#2 Posted by joshmightbe (25021 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blam:
george clooney should not be allowed near any comic based movie ever again
#3 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7954 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
" @Blam: george clooney should not be allowed near any comic based movie ever again "
lol, so very very true ;)
#4 Posted by crazywolf (653 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
"@Blam: george clooney should not be allowed near any comic based movie ever again "

HA!
#5 Posted by Breaker envoy of Setron (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

You just got to be kiddin' me..

#6 Posted by kore (373 posts) - - Show Bio

They picked Samuel L Jackson because he's a big comic fan and the Ultimate Fury was modeled after him.

#7 Posted by StrangerXL (211 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
"@Blam: george clooney should not be allowed near any comic based movie ever again "

Why? Because you think he's a sh***y actor or because he was given sh** for material to work with in that suck a** Batman & Robin?  He a decent enough actor that given some good material to work with, he could pull off any character he's cast to play.
#8 Posted by kore (373 posts) - - Show Bio
@StrangerXL said:
" @joshmightbe said:
Why? Because you think he's a sh***y actor or because he was given sh** for material to work with in that suck a** Batman & Robin?  He a decent enough actor that given some good material to work with, he could pull off any character he's cast to play. "
Yeah, it's not fair to place the blame entirely on Clooney.
#9 Edited by StrangerXL (211 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally ,I think if they would have made Batman & Robin dark and serious in tone, Clooney would have made for a decent Batman. No where the level as Christian Bale as the current Batman, but better than what he did deliver. 
#10 Posted by kore (373 posts) - - Show Bio
@StrangerXL said:
" Personally ,I think if they would have made Batman & Robin dark and serious in tone, Clooney would have made for a decent Batman. No where the level as Christian Bale as the current Batman, but better than what he did deliver.  "
Putting nipples on the costume didn't help the movie.
#11 Posted by StrangerXL (211 posts) - - Show Bio
@kore:
Yeah, definitely that and a few other "should not have beens" didn't help the movie. Focus on too many characters, Bane as a brainless neanderthal, Batgirl as Alfred's niece instead of Jim Gordon' daughter, the list goes on.
#12 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
#13 Posted by danhimself (22691 posts) - - Show Bio

George Clooney is an awesome actor...watch any of the Ocean's movies and tell me he isn't....Batman and Robin wasn't his fault...it was the shitty script and shitty director's fault

#14 Posted by King Saturn (224798 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
" @Blam: george clooney should not be allowed near any comic based movie ever again "
ha ha ha... nice
#15 Posted by Dane (10627 posts) - - Show Bio

lifetime ban for that man.

#16 Posted by jedd (71 posts) - - Show Bio

i can actually see him as fury although I think Jackson will do a great job
#17 Posted by joshmightbe (25021 posts) - - Show Bio
@kore:
oh i blame everyone involved in that piece of crap, and if clooney had any respect for the character what so ever he wouldve turned that script down, it wouldnt have hurt his carreer it was a bad movie in general not just as a comic movie. it was embarassing to both batman and everyone involved in the movie and degrading to everyone who watched it
#18 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio
@jedd said:
"i can actually see him as fury although I think Jackson will do a great job "
#19 Edited by Thunder God (239 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Russel Crow would make a good Fury and I'm not just saying that because he's my favorite actor

#20 Posted by Silver Knight75 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah maybe,  

I prefer the classic Nick Fury over the Ultimate version.

#21 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather have Clooney as Nick Fury than Sam Jackson as Nick "Jules Winnfield" Fury. Jackson dials in every performance at this point, and him being a constant in Marvel movies is just a bad casting decision, IMO.

#22 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Kurt Russel should be Nick Fury

#23 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" Kurt Russel should be Nick Fury "
Yes.
#24 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

No.  Nick's a hard-bitten tough guy.  Clooney's a mamby pamby pretty boy and a candy-ass.  Pick again.
#25 Posted by X-MEN55 (16 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
Agree 100%
#26 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
Agreed
#27 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio
@Larkin1388: 

I actually felt he was quite a good Batman, as for Nick Fury I think anybody would be better than Mace Windu.
#28 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio
@CrimsonAvenger: He's just not cut out for comic movies, He should just stick with tarantino movies...
#29 Posted by biggkeem89 (1421 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
My God, man. I think you're a genius
#30 Edited by X-MEN55 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Clooney didn't even change his voice at all while he was being batman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.