Caucasian or African American Version of Nick Fury?

• 77 results
#51 Posted by FLCL1 (9580 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @FLCL1 said:
" "sadly? i like sam j "
Sadly for Rbystji. "
oh lol my bad
#52 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" @aztek the lost said:
"of course, even now I know little about the character, I don't really care too much about SHIELD and the part of the Marvel universe Fury dwells in...apart from Weapon X #14 (a personal favorite of mine) where he's presiding over the execution of Scalphunter in World War II I can't recall a comic moment I've read of his that stands out "
Secret Warriors is AWESOME. It's a Marvel superhero book though, so I'm guessing it would be a hard sell for you. "
glad to know I have a reputation :P and you know, I think I'll probably look into some Marvel stuff in the future but I'll wait until all this event crap has settled down (if that day ever comes) and the gems can be better sorted out from the drivel...most of the comics I read predate my interest in comics so I don't feel pressured to break into the current Marvel right now, I still have plenty of Vertigo to get through...reading House of Secrets (no relation to the DC comic), Hellblazer (this one will be a while), Animal Man (just recently finished the Morrison era) and The Books of Magic (Rieber-Gross volume) right now besides a few other tidbits so it's not like my plate is ever empty. When that day comes I'm sure even I will resort to Marvel, I do owe them the initial interest that was sparked in me to read comics outside of Calvin and Hobbes, Garfield and Archie.

Also, it's not the superhero thing, I enjoy superhero books (I did mention I'm reading Animal Man right?), but it's not my top priority. It used to be, but you can blame Darkchild for showing me the Vertigo way and I've listed plenty of reasons for a general aloofness towards Marvel, the main one probably being I'm a self-contained universe guy (sorry everyone). They do have some titles that catch my eye though like Punishermax, I'm just currently having trouble finding a balance between publishers now that I'm caught up with all Vertigo's current stuff I'm discovering the new concept of getting new books every week and it's hard to keep up with everything. Just give me time. Btw, Invisibles counts as a superhero book right? I just finished the seventh trade a few days ago and I loved it, will have to re-read it a few times though to make sense of it all now :P
#53 Posted by Mr. Smiths (1912 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
"@Mr. Smiths said:

" Whats wrong with Sam Jackson as Nick Fury in the marvel movies?"

I wouldn't have a problem with it if he actually played Nick Fury. The reality is that he's still just playing Jules Winnfield with an eyepatch and shaved head. Maybe a dash of Augustus Gibbons, who is Jules Winnfield with a scar on his face. I am just really tired of seeing Sam Jackson play the same role in every movie he's in, and he has been given a 9-movie deal where he will be playing the same character throughout. "

Did yu see Iron Man? Nick Fury was first Nick Fury in that....he did not act as Jules Winnfield
#54 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4157 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are good, but I prefer the original Nick Fury over the Ultimate version.

#55 Posted by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio

Samuel L. Jackson, he deserves the role, he's commited, and lives up to it.

#56 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr. Smiths said:
" Did yu see Iron Man? Nick Fury was first Nick Fury in that....he did not act as Jules Winnfield "
Yes, I saw Iron Man. Nick Fury was first Nick Fury? What does that even mean? It may not have been as apparent to you if you have not read the Ultimates, but Ultimate Nick Fury is mostly modeled on Samuel L. Jackson's performance as Jules Winnfield, and his subsequent type-cast roles.
#57 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer the classic, I think I mainly don't like the African one as it isn't a black Fury, it's a S.L.Jackson Fury, though I like the actor, I don't like black Fury.

#58 Posted by Mr. Smiths (1912 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" @Mr. Smiths said:
" Did yu see Iron Man? Nick Fury was first Nick Fury in that....he did not act as Jules Winnfield "
Yes, I saw Iron Man. Nick Fury was first Nick Fury? What does that even mean? It may not have been as apparent to you if you have not read the Ultimates, but Ultimate Nick Fury is mostly modeled on Samuel L. Jackson's performance as Jules Winnfield, and his subsequent type-cast roles. "

What I meant to say was Sam Jackson as Nick Fury in the movie was acting like Nick Fury not Jules Winnefield.
#59 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6194 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not really an issue of race to me, it's an issue of who I grew up with Nick Fury as, to me he is a white guy. Ultimate Marvel version is all good, and that is what they will be going with for the character in the films, but I prefer the 616 version.
#60 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@eganthevile1 said:
" It's not really an issue of race
Co-signed.
#61 Posted by Mr. Smiths (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

Well sure they gonna do a white version of Nick Fuy in films one day but not now since they have Jackson.
#62 Posted by courtney12490 (3477 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
"Nick Fury > Samuel L. Jackson "

I second that motion
#63 Posted by Destron81 (37 posts) - - Show Bio
Caucasian.

@courtney12490 said:
" @Korg said:
I second that motion "
Third that motion.
#64 Posted by darkcloakx (788 posts) - - Show Bio

ultimate fury. 
he's cool in the animated movie as well as the live action ones. 
 in the ultimate  avengers i like the scene where he threaten banner to make the super solder serum i thought that was a cool scene. 

#65 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4157 posts) - - Show Bio
@Destron81 said:
" Caucasian.

@courtney12490 said:
" @Korg said:
I second that motion "
Third that motion. "
Motion carried.
#66 Posted by PowerHerc (81623 posts) - - Show Bio

The original is the best.  He's white/caucasian.   

#67 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio

i think regular nick fury is a worse supervillain than norman osborn

#68 Posted by Precise (22883 posts) - - Show Bio

Regular Fury. Don't really like the Ultimate Version..

#69 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" Movie wise I could care less. In comics however I'm not a big fan of the Ultimate Universe anyway, so make mine the original. "
#70 Posted by X-MEN55 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Caucasian Fury, but both are cool.

#71 Posted by drkhwk2001 (4433 posts) - - Show Bio

Nikoli Furi..................the Russian one................................JK

#72 Posted by tiger26 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

i like both i liked how they fused both in the avengers cartoon
#73 Posted by WolfMonkey (302 posts) - - Show Bio
#74 Posted by _slim_ (13054 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both versions.

#75 Posted by Loki9876 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

caucasian read secret warriors for nick fury awesomeness

#76 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11103 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like both Fury's but I have to go with the original one since I'm a traditionalist.

#77 Posted by Kairan1979 (16711 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer the original version of Nick Fury.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.