Follow

Nick Fury

Character » Nick Fury appears in 4273 issues.

Nicholas Joseph Fury served in World War II as the leader of the Howling Commandos. He later became an agent, and eventually director, of S.H.I.E.L.D. Fury is one of the greatest strategic minds in the world, a born leader and a master of espionage. He currently serves as a replacement Watcher.

(1610) Anyone else find it odd?

kareem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kareem

I have finally gotten around to reading the Ultimates(the first 4 volumes anyway) and I found something odd in Ultimates 2 Volume 2. When Nick Fury finds sees the video of Captain America killing Hawkeye's family he immediately goes to bring him in(and quite violently may I add). He doesn't doubt for a second that the video could have been tampered with, even though he himself says that his job is to not take things at face value but he accepts a video as if it were  infallible. Loki says that all he did was change the video to show Black Widow as Captain America. That means all fury had to do was use one of the dozens of satellites he has at his disposal to verify that Steve was only in Hawkeye's home and not anywhere else. I mean there is a mutant whose sole ability is to change appearance, another who can cause illusions, or the scarlet witch who can make just about anything she wants to happen. There are hundreds off explanations that are more likely that the man he has trusted for X amount of time suddenly turning on him.

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By 614azrael
    @kareem:
    u have a point however much like any other media comics ocasionaly like to bend logic 4 drama
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Caligula

it made it more entertaining though and that's what matters.

I don't read Comics or watch Movies for the "Realism"

Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Jotham

He probably just wanted to beat down Cap some. You're right, though, that's not really Fury's style.

SladeRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By SladeRogers

Or thing was that he could use the satellites, but Loki could've tampered with them as well. Think about it, Loki is a god so he can multi-task with the best of them.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.