So now Ult Nick Fury exist in the main Marvel Universe

• 2 results
#1 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by War Killer (20261 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does he keep calling Coulson "cheese" for? O_o

Still don't understand why he's wearing Cap's Super-Soldier uniform either, it would have made more sense to give it to Bucky to be honest.

#3 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

.....I quit.

#4 Posted by Duncan (11445 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh

#5 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer: @primepower53: He's also the original Nick Fury's son.
#6 Posted by HolySerpent (12568 posts) - - Show Bio

Lame

#7 Posted by _slim_ (13115 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent said:

Lame
#8 Posted by Chaos Burn (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

wait... what? WHAT?!

#9 Posted by joshmightbe (24908 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't act all surprised, we all saw this coming. I wouldn't be shocked if Marvel has some big event in the near future that will merge Sociopath...I mean Ultimate Marvel with the 616. Kill 2 birds with one stone it'll make it more Movie version friendly and keep up the Marvel/DC thing about copying each other

#10 Edited by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

DAMMIT !!!

I wish i could grow my beard this fast...

#11 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

Why does he keep calling Coulson "cheese" for? O_o Still don't understand why he's wearing Cap's Super-Soldier uniform either, it would have made more sense to give it to Bucky to be honest.

No. Don't give it to Bucky, that would be counter-productive. Bucky's the Winter Soldier, I wouldn't like that at all to be honest. Not to mention that would be somewhat predictable.

On to the character, I like everything about him except that he looks like Ult Fury and that he's called Fury. So that sucks. And I also like Coulson, to be honest.

#12 Posted by ARMIV2 (8592 posts) - - Show Bio

...Hummmm...

#13 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome

#14 Posted by SlimJ87D (10063 posts) - - Show Bio

Lame

#15 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3672 posts) - - Show Bio

Nick Fury is Nick Fury. If they feel the need to do Universal gymnastics to bring black Fury into the main timeline, it doesn't bother me. If they feel that his appearance somehow makes him a diferent character, it doesn't matter to me. Fury is Fury.

#16 Posted by Dernman (15160 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said: 

No. Don't give it to Bucky, that would be counter-productive. Bucky's the Winter Soldier, I wouldn't like that at all to be honest. Not to mention that would be somewhat predictable.

On to the character, I like everything about him except that he looks like Ult Fury and that he's called Fury. So that sucks. And I also like Coulson, to be honest.

I thought you were indifferent to Marcus and Battle Scars. *shrugs*  I agree I actually did like Marcus but I'm really not liking them doing the Ult Fury thing. As for Coulson I don't know.His whole introduction kinda felt like that guy who use to help Magog in his series. *shrugs* I'll wait and see before making a judgment.
#17 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

I thought you were indifferent to Marcus and Battle Scars. *shrugs*

I wasn't completely caught up, I had read issue #2. Recently I read through more of the mini-series nad I like the character, specially as what he can bring to the table as a Nick Fury that isn't Nick Fury. (Metaphorically speaking, not literally, because as I've stated I hate the name.)

I agree I actually did like Marcus but I'm really not liking them doing the Ult Fury thing.

Nobody in their right mind does.

As for Coulson I don't know.His whole introduction kinda felt like that guy who use to help Magog in his series. *shrugs* I'll wait and see before making a judgment.

I don't recall his introduction, must have skipped it, but he felt really solid in the last issue. Sure, he may be forcing his way into the universe, but I think that as of right now I'm OK with him, he brings some humor to the table.

#18 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33634 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer: because it's is old buddy from the Rangers and thats his nickname
#19 Posted by Lvenger (20261 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do Marvel feel the need to scrub decades worth of history to introduce a Samuel Jackson Ultimate Nick Fury into the main Marvel universe? He exists in the Ultimate Universe and that's enough. There's no need to interfere with the original source material and create a new character called Nick Fury who looks just like Samuel Jackson. I do like the fact that Coulson is in the Marvel Universe though. His character deserved a place in Marvel

#20 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33634 posts) - - Show Bio

also this is grade a crap

#21 Posted by Manchine (4173 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Ultimate Fury better then the old one so I think its all good. =)

#22 Edited by Invisible_Witch (312 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Fury is getting more popular(popular= money),White Fury isn't...(Reasons: because of the movies)Marvel is a business,That is why he is getting replaced

#23 Posted by kingjoeg (693 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the change, i consider Ult Nick Fury the definitive version anyway. The 616 Nick fury looks too much like reed richards with an eye patch.

#24 Posted by Greenflashlight (183 posts) - - Show Bio

This.... This is the very reason I stopped reading Marvel they let their movies change the books when the books should change the movies

#25 Posted by cattlebattle (12830 posts) - - Show Bio

You don't see DC changing around Batmans comic to better fit with the movie franchise...

I can understand getting some ideas but this is too much....you suck Marvel

#26 Posted by rasx (242 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have preferred if he had kept his hair and looked more like the Avengers EMH, Fury.

#27 Posted by Mercy_ (92767 posts) - - Show Bio
@primepower53

.....I quit.

#28 Posted by War Killer (20261 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@War Killer said:

Why does he keep calling Coulson "cheese" for? O_o Still don't understand why he's wearing Cap's Super-Soldier uniform either, it would have made more sense to give it to Bucky to be honest.

I don't see how it would be counter-productive, just because he's Winter Soldier doesn't mean he couldn't wear that uniform. It would work well with his WS identity while also giving nods to his previous run as Captain America.

I just find it random that Cap would give it to Fury's son, it's no big deal, just feels random is all.
#29 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

I don't see how it would be counter-productive, just because he's Winter Soldier doesn't mean he couldn't wear that uniform. It would work well with his WS identity while also giving nods to his previous run as Captain America.

Well the thing is that the costume that was used by Rogers has a huge Star on the chest, which is undeniably the same star that is on the shield which is on his Shield, so even though the costume has no direct ties with the whole "America" thing that comes with Captain America -- it definitely points to it. The whole point of him faking his death and becoming the Winter Soldier was that in this manner he would be untraceable and it would allow him to do things that he otherwise wouldn't be able to. I don't think that using this thought process it makes sense for him to use the same costume that Steve was wearing when protecting the country as the leader of Homeland security. So sure, he could definitely use it, but I think it would feel somewhat forced and even if it didn't because we all know Bru is fcking amazing, I still don't think I'd like it.

Furthermore there's also the point that Rogers giving that to Bucky would possibly give the feeling that Rogers still has too much of an influence much like the one he had when the former was his sidekick. I'm sure that's just me personally, but him taking on the costume doesn't seem like the correct evolution for the character's independence.

I just find it random that Cap would give it to Fury's son, it's no big deal, just feels random is all.

I guess the reason I liked it is because I like Bucky taking the costume and thus I thought that the costume was somewhat dead, so it was a nice suprise to see it make a comeback since its quite a nicely designed costume. Not to mention the fact that the costume reeks of SHIELD and Spy Shenenagans, mostly because that was the direction that Marvel seemed to be taking Steve, but as such I think it'll definitely have a good use on Fake Fury over there.

On a sidenote, I'd love to see a series with Kid Fury and Agent Coulson and maybe even Quake. The former needs to get trained for real though.

And since I'm going hammer with random thoughts, let me just tell Marvel "Don't kill Fury you f@#&$. The Real one that is".

#30 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

Horrible.

#31 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

Boy was I pissed when I heard this news yesterday, but I have a bad feeling that before long, I'll just shrug it off. This is Samuel L Jackson after all.

But still, there HAD to be a better way of doing this right?

The best way would have been to pull a "Psylocke". Same character in mind, heart and soul, different body.

#32 Posted by War Killer (20261 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp: You're probably right and I can see why you would disagree, I just like the costume and thought it personally would suit Bucky's character better instead of the new Fury. But then again, people normally disagree with my opinions anyways. :P
#33 Posted by Dernman (15160 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp: Fury is out of infinity formula and he gave his last one to Mockingbird. For many reasons I can't help but feel they have been planing for a long time to phase him out. Before they do they will throw us a bone and put him in the Defenders for an arc and give us that Fury MAX mini.
#34 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

@ReVamp: You're probably right and I can see why you would disagree, I just like the costume and thought it personally would suit Bucky's character better instead of the new Fury. But then again, people normally disagree with my opinions anyways. :P

Oh no, I agree with your idea generically. The costume is definitely better than Bucky's one and therefore Bucky could definitely use it, its just that in this case the ideology behind the costume doesn't seem to fit with me. Now, if at the start (or presently), Bucky were to go to Fury and they'd have some talk about what he needed to do and whatever and at the conclusion they ended up modifying those threads so that the Star and some similiarities were removed, then I think I'd agree, just because that costume is so slick. On the otherhand, Bucky's current costume isn't that bad, its raw and has a statement behind it so I see positives to both. Overall, I wouldn't really touch it, just because Bru is gold as it is.

@Dernman said:

@ReVamp: Fury is out of infinity formula and he gave his last one to Mockingbird. For many reasons I can't help but feel they have been planing for a long time to phase him out. Before they do they will throw us a bone and put him in the Defenders for an arc and give us that Fury MAX mini.

Actually, the very last went to Bucky, Mockingbird was before him. But yes, that's what I was referring to and that's exactly what pissing me off.

#35 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29505 posts) - - Show Bio

And his name is Nick.

You have got to be f**king kidding.

xDDDD

I like the idea of making Coulson an actual character... but this is just too forced.

It could be cool, but just... ugh.

#36 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29505 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

You don't see DC changing around Batmans comic to better fit with the movie franchise...

#37 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, I can deal with it. I like the idea of Coulson being brought into comics.

#38 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33634 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123: thats not really the same 
#39 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29505 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: Joker not having a scarred smile and then having one (pre-reboot) after The Dark Knight comes out isn't at least similar?

#40 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33634 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:

@spiderbat87: Joker not having a scarred smile and then having one (pre-reboot) after The Dark Knight comes out isn't at least similar?

he doesn't have a scarred smile 
#41 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

Don't act all surprised, we all saw this coming. I wouldn't be shocked if Marvel has some big event in the near future that will merge Sociopath...I mean Ultimate Marvel with the 616. Kill 2 birds with one stone it'll make it more Movie version friendly and keep up the Marvel/DC thing about copying each other

They've genuinely got that event coming up... Spider-Men.

Spider-Men 3

Predicting Miles gets trapped in 616, and then Marvel abandons the Ultimate Universe.

#42 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@X35: its already been stated that Pete is the one that's going to the Ultimate Universe.
#43 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64 said:

@X35: its already been stated that Pete is the one that's going to the Ultimate Universe.

Doesn't necessarily mean the end can't have Miles getting sucked into the 616 with Peter ;)

#44 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want Coulson in 616

#45 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35: a cool little pic from a cool little chick ^_^

So does that mean Thing is gonna be ultimate purple thing ?

#46 Posted by Chaos Burn (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

Can galactus eat the Ultimate universe or something please

#47 Posted by cattlebattle (12830 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123: Wait, whats so similar, he doesn't look a thing like Heath Ledger...or have a glasgow smile.....Its just a cover image anyway. Its hardly the same as changing the ethnicity of a chracter, adding an additional character, bringing characters back from death, changing characters costumes etc.....there is no denying Marvel is going to great lengths to be on par with their Cinematic universe
#48 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29505 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: I'm not denying that at all. I was trying to provide an example of DC changing Batman comics around to be like the movies. But apparently I was mistaken. Oh well.

#49 Posted by shrmntnk62 (251 posts) - - Show Bio

Kick ass! I've never given a damn about regular Fury, but Ultimate Fury is awesome!

#50 Posted by joshmightbe (24908 posts) - - Show Bio

So next year look forward to Marvel New 54 (See how it's completely different from DC New 52) but when the Ultimate and 616 merge can we please get those heroes on some anti-psychotics

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.