Marvel Unveils First MARVEL: NOW! - Point One Teaser

• 103 results
Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

With San Diego Comic-Con 2012 behind us, Marvel doesn't seem to miss a beat. Earlier today the publisher unveiled the first teaser to MARVEL: NOW!, the upcoming initiative that will -- according to Marvel -- change the Marvel universe as we know it.

MARVEL NOW! POINT ONE #1

Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS, MATT FRACTION, JEPH LOEB, NICK SPENCER, KIERON GILLEN, DENNIS HOPELESS

Art by MICHAEL ALLRED, ED MCGUINNESS, STEVE MCNIVEN, JAMIE MCKELVIE, SALVADOR LARROCA and LUKE ROSS!

Cover by ADI GRANOV

ON SALE OCTOBER 2012

All we have at this point is an image to go along with the roster of creators who have signed on to work on MARVEL: NOW! But oh, what an interesting image it is. The cover depicts a young Nick Fury Jr. tossing what appear to be playing cards at the viewer. Each of the five cards, except one, has a question mark. Clearly, these cards will feature the key players that will be involved in this new series launching this October. The one figure that appears on the face of the card looks like it could be Nick Fury Sr. (is that an eyepatch?) or maybe even Cable? What do you guys think? What do you think the cards represent? Do you think the people that appear on the cards are going to be the good guys or the bad? What do you think MARVEL: NOW! will be about?

#1 Edited by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Cue "fan" rage.....now!

#2 Posted by wmwadeii (3249 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering the original announcement had Cable I would lean towards him. Then again Marvel could have made a type in the original Poster.

#3 Edited by Raven0207 (1303 posts) - - Show Bio

It's Cable

#4 Posted by DarthTanka (36 posts) - - Show Bio

So, the way they intent to change the canon Marvel Universe is by turning it into the Ultimate Universe...

#5 Posted by Shamelesslysupportinaznballers (553 posts) - - Show Bio

mechanical arm....cable.

#6 Posted by thveej (203 posts) - - Show Bio

YO DAWG I HEARD YOU LIKED THAT AVENGER MOVIE SO WE PUT SAMUEL L. JACKSON INTO UR 616 UNIVERSE!

all kidding aside (I really, really don't care for Nick Fury Jr.) Marvel NOW! might be a good thing, but as of late Marvel has lost my trust so I'm gonna take wait and see approach.

#7 Posted by Oldirtybearon (16 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarthTanka said:

So, the way they intent to change the canon Marvel Universe is by turning it into the Ultimate Universe...

When they nuked the Ultimate continuity I would've been okay with this, but considering over the last year the Ultimate books are back to being good again, keep your 616 out of my Ultimate, please.

#8 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33495 posts) - - Show Bio

It's Cable and each card will be a member of Uncanny Avengers 

#9 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

I see marvel losing a bigger market share.

#10 Posted by BoyWander (318 posts) - - Show Bio

Uh... those are files arenʻt they? theyʻre too thick to be cards and they have tabs on their sides...

#11 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep it's Cable and yes they are files. Good pickup BoyWander. If you also notice, the Cable image has a paper clip securing it to the front on his file.

#12 Posted by Webjaker (366 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive said:

Cue "fan" rage.....now!

Raaarghlfarghle... you know what ... i dont really even care ...

#13 Posted by War Killer (20223 posts) - - Show Bio

<-------Likes the new Nick Fury.

#14 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer: So do I. But we are the only two...

#15 Edited by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

Newsarama & CBR confirm it's Cable.

His redesign looks AWESOME but where's the glowing eye?

#16 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2245 posts) - - Show Bio

MIKE ALLRED! Wonder what he will be working on. Can't wait.

#17 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

Nick Fury Jr.......

#18 Posted by Master_Thief (774 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive: make that 3

#19 Posted by CaptainMexico (65 posts) - - Show Bio

Those aren't cards. They're folders containing documents.

#20 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

The funniest thing................

On both the Marvel NOW teaser and this they've got the eyepatch over the wrong eye.

#21 Posted by Robrat93 (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Excited :) Cable looks awesome, and I'm always intrigued by an appearance of Nick Fury Jr.

#22 Posted by Spiderslike (652 posts) - - Show Bio

I call Spider-Man, Scarlet Witch, Wolverine and Captain America for the other folders

#23 Edited by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive said:

@Master_Thief said:

@Twentyfive: make that 3

make that 4

#24 Posted by VioletPhoenix (300 posts) - - Show Bio

Serenity Now!

Also it's Cable based on the full white hair.

#25 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

We haven't even gone through AvX and we're already having 3-4 mini-series pushing into us by fall alone.

And why, why WHY must there always be Brian Michael Bendis in everything? He ruined Ultimate Spider-man (back waaay before Miles Morales took over), turned he Avengers into guys who just sat around scarfing down sandwiches and is now going to destroy Jean Gray by transporting her through time and horribly writin as well X-Men in the future.

And now this.

Yes, epic rant is epic. But I am exhausted. Marvel, if you want to keep me paying money for titles, stop prodding me with pens and let me read my hulk books in peace.

#26 Posted by antemiusenteri (239 posts) - - Show Bio

@thveej:

Can we not call him Nick Fury junior , that's not his name he has his own name

#27 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9073 posts) - - Show Bio

It is too bad it is going to be on sale in october though. I wish we could at least learn what titles are coming out for Marvel Now because that still hasn't been announed. I can't be excited or hate something until I learn more about it

#28 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

@haydenclaireheroes said:

It is too bad it is going to be on sale in october though. I wish we could at least learn what titles are coming out for Marvel Now because that still hasn't been announed. I can't be excited or hate something until I learn more about it

Yeah SDCC was a waste.

#29 Posted by TheHeat (451 posts) - - Show Bio

Those aren't playing cards. They are actually folders. You can see the tabs each one have.

#30 Edited by Icon (2077 posts) - - Show Bio

Yawn.

That cover idea doesn't work well. At first I thought he was flipping cards (like Gambit), but those are file folders somehow thrown in a perfect circle.. Makes no sense.

#31 Edited by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

Indeed they even have paperclips which is really nice attention to details.

Still 6 Writers and 6 Artists.

So One story that focuses on Fury Jr. One for each character with a folder and their teams I suppose.

Based on the Writers and using rumors. Rocket Raccoon or Jean for All New X-men or GOTG is Bendis.

Loeb is Cable or Nova. Gillen is Iron Man. Fraction is F4. Spencer or Hopeless doing Fury Jr. And the other doing not quite sure. Although if Loeb does Nova then the other is doing Cable.

#32 Posted by Mutant God (3023 posts) - - Show Bio

Booooo Marcus Johnson

#33 Posted by Gotham331 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm all messed up. Is this supposed to be Sam Jackson's Nick Furys kid? Because if so, I find the idea of making him bald and missing the same eyes as his dad just plain dumb. Could someone please clear this up for me.

#34 Posted by thveej (203 posts) - - Show Bio

@antemiusenteri:

aplogies...... I should have said Marcus Johnson, aka the black guy from Battle Scars, aka Nick Fury Jr., aka the dude I don't give 2 cents worth of !@$!#$%& about.

#35 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@haydenclaireheroes said:

#36 Posted by NyxEquitis (401 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive said:

I don't dislike the character; only the timing and the fact that him and Coulson were brought into 616 around the time of The Avengers so people wouldn't be confused by Nick Fury being white. I really don't care for that strategy, be it Marvel or DC...I do like the concept of Nick Fury's son, however. Just not the way his introduction came about.

#37 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1333 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't care don't care won't care.

No to nick jr.

No to 17 year old jean.

Stupid ideas.

#38 Edited by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@NyxEquitis said:

@Twentyfive said:

I don't dislike the character; only the timing and the fact that him and Coulson were brought into 616 around the time of The Avengers so people wouldn't be confused by Nick Fury being white. I really don't care for that strategy, be it Marvel or DC...I do like the concept of Nick Fury's son, however. Just not the way his introduction came about.

I can understand that. But with a lot of the people here that do dislike him, I do not see the reason why. When was the last time Fury was an instrumental force in the Marvel U? Now all of a sudden we get this, and people go crazy.

And no, this is not a race thing. The same thing was happening with Alan Scott. People came out of nowhere whining and moaning about his update. When was the last time Scott was really relevant. When people say GL, the main two they mean is Hal and Kyle (sometimes John, but no...). Those people cannot say they were lifelong fans of Alan Scott, or that he was anywhere near in their top 25 list of Superheroes.

These things are part of my frustration with comics, and why I may eventually move on to solely buying indie comics.

#39 Posted by crazyflashfan11 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

Uggggghhhhhhh....... Kill me now Marvel.

#40 Posted by NyxEquitis (401 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive said:

@NyxEquitis said:

@Twentyfive said:

I can understand that. But with a lot of the people here that do dislike him, I do not see the reason why. When was the last time Fury was an instrumental force in the Marvel U? Now all of a sudden we get this, and people go crazy.

And no, this is not a race thing. The same thing was happening with Alan Scott. People came out of nowhere whining and moaning about his update. When was the last time Scott was really relevant. When people say GL, the main two they mean is Hal and Kyle (sometimes John, but no...). Those people cannot say they were lifelong fans of Alan Scott, or that he was anywhere near in their top 25 list of Superheroes.

These things are part of my frustration with comics, and why I may eventually move on to solely buying indie comics.

Well glad you could understand that; I think that people hating a concept because of it being different can be bad, it just depends on the severity of the change and circumstances around it.

#41 Posted by Teerack (6446 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if this means he's going to be pushing cap to the side.

#42 Posted by Ludo (57 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, we all love Samuel Jackson but I want the REAL Fury back.

#43 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@NyxEquitis said:

@Twentyfive said:

@NyxEquitis said:

@Twentyfive said:

Well glad you could understand that; I think that people hating a concept because of it being different can be bad, it just depends on the severity of the change and circumstances around it.

Well, in due time, readership will restore things to the way they used to be.

#44 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33495 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gotham331: Read Battle Scars 
#45 Posted by sagejonathan (1959 posts) - - Show Bio

I think each file is going to represent an entire new series.

#46 Posted by badaboop (137 posts) - - Show Bio

@NyxEquitis: Beautiful, man. That was just too beautiful. Brought a tear to my eye.

#47 Posted by deadpool25mm (601 posts) - - Show Bio

I realy want to see how they make Marcus learn about everything thats going on so fast.

anyway, Good luck Marvel!!

#48 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ludo said:

Ok, we all love Samuel Jackson but I want the REAL Fury back.

HECK, YES!!

#49 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadpool25mm said:

I realy want to see how they make Marcus learn about everything thats going on so fast.

anyway, Good luck Marvel!!

He reads their Shield Files Clearly

#50 Posted by Mercy_ (92708 posts) - - Show Bio

Screw this. Give me the real Nick Fury.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.