Follow

Nick Fury Jr.

Character » Nick Fury Jr. appears in 421 issues.

Once known as Marcus Johnson, Nick Fury Jr. is the second son of the legendary Nick Fury. With a military history and a knack for espionage, he has gone on to follow his father's footsteps as an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., an Avenger, and a one-man anti-terrorist unit.

A minor gripe.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So if Marcus is really the song of Nick Fury, why doesnt he look mixed? Such a simple gripe but it's something that nags me every time I see him in an issue.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By JohnnyGat

My friend's father is Chinese and his mother was Indian, though the mother had dark skin and the father had very light skin color he still looked completely Chinese. As if he never gained any features from a physical aesthetic standpoint from his mother. Things like that happen.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My friend's father is Chinese and his mother was Indian, though the mother had dark skin and the father had very light skin color he still looked completely Chinese. As if he never gained any features from a physical aesthetic standpoint from his mother. Things like that happen.

Arent the genes of the father stronger than the mother when it comes to pregnancy? So that case sounds reasonable.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JohnnyGat

@daak1212 said:

@johnnygat said:

Arent the genes of the father stronger than the mother when it comes to pregnancy? So that case sounds reasonable.

Parental genes are divided equally gender doesn't really matter since both males and females have dominant and recessive genes. An example would be Blake Griffin. The only part of him that gives you insight on him being a bi-racial guy would be his curly hair. But in his family it's his father who is Black and not his mother. The same could be said of Michael Jackson and his kids.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By daak1212

@daak1212 said:

@johnnygat said:

Parental genes are divided equally gender doesn't really matter since both males and females have dominant and recessive genes. An example would be Blake Griffin. The only part of him that gives you insight on him being a bi-racial guy would be his curly hair. But in his family it's his father who is Black and not his mother. The same could be said of Michael Jackson and his kids.

Jeez so he inherited nothing from his pop

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daak1212 said:

@johnnygat said:

@daak1212 said:

@johnnygat said:

Jeez so he inherited nothing from his pop

There are other things you can inherit from your parents other than physical appearance. Internal things, like in his scenario the infinity formula in his DNA. Other possible things would be their moods. The thing is these genes make proteins that interact with each other and with chemicals in your body. This then could account for eye pigmentation or even something more subtle like the amount of mood altering hormones they have.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.