nick bradshaws drawing sucks period

Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

i just don't understand all of this crap people are saying about Bradshaw t and his drawing for the wolverine and the x men comics people are saying that its a big improvement from Chris bachalo's art when hell no its not he quotes its cool being the awesome new artist pffft all talk no evidence im not saying Chris bachalo's is this awesome drawer because even he has flaws too but Bradshaw art is terrible he need takes more courses in art Bradshaw's drawing of various character piss me off although i like jack black hes beast i don't like me wolverine looking like him and boo how the hell did he transition from looking normal to this demon that came out of alien vs predator that wants to rip your head off or impregnate you with his babies. and don't get me started on the regenisis teaser he butchered. take a nice good look at psylocke's face rouges face and night crawlers face wolverine shorter than he is . im just glad Chris comes back in issue 8 only got 3 more issues of this crap and just in case somebody says people have different interpretations well then his interpretations suck hes like Picasso everybody goes nuts for him but his art sucks

#1 Posted by Daycrawler (552 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like Bradshaws art. It's full of detail and humour. Bachalo's has been a bit meh recently. Sometimes difficult to tell what's going on first time you read through. Everyone has different tastes. You can't deny that and say it's an invalid point of view. Gotta learn to live with that or it will eat you up inside!

#2 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Quality of art is subjective.

#3 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite said:

It shouldn't be.
#4 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@Decoy Elite said:

It shouldn't be.

Art isn't an exact science, you've got to account for taste at some point.

#5 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12489 posts) - - Show Bio

Some people just have different opinions

#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite said:

@Vance Astro said:

@Decoy Elite said:

It shouldn't be.

Art isn't an exact science, you've got to account for taste at some point.

Actually it is... 

Aesthetics.
#7 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: Aesthetics aren't everything.

You still need to know correct application of said Aesthetics, not to mention taste has an influence one what anyone finds to be good for better or worse.

Not to mention Aesthetics, doesn't account for all forms of art.

#8 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen a lot worse...

#9 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch said:

I've seen a lot worse...

yeah it's not that bad

#10 Posted by JediXMan (29479 posts) - - Show Bio

Seen worse. Look up Scott Hepburn and Chris Bachalo.

#11 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:

Just did, they're not bad either. Or do I have really low standards? 
#12 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

The only artist that I can't stand is whoever drew that Wolverine arc with Daken and Cyber. Puts way too much detail in the eyes, which is total busch league sh*t. And everyone has really boring poses. 

#13 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (7722 posts) - - Show Bio

His art makes them look chubby ;3

#14 Posted by Daycrawler (552 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCheeseStabber said:

His art makes them look chubby ;3

Maybe he's the comic book form of a feeder. As the arc progresses they get bigger until everyone is fighting each other in mobility scooters?

#15 Posted by Renchamp (2285 posts) - - Show Bio

I need punctuation to read this post.

#16 Edited by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite said:

doesn't account for all forms of art.

Yes it does. 

@Decoy Elite said:

You still need to know correct application of said Aesthetics, not to mention taste has an influence one what anyone finds to be good for better or worse.

Taste does have an influence on what one finds better or worse but taste is also based on ones education on the art form.Taste doesn't effect actual "beauty" and "good art",it can be critiqued on factors of quality whether the everyday man's taste will allow him to come to the same conclusion or not. For example in this case Bradshaw isn't very good at anatomy, it's maybe not enough to say his art "sucks", but that is a factor of quality that is lower than that of some artists. 

#17 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

But... You gotta admit. If Wolverine was real, he'd look just like that lol.

And you wanna talk bad art? Open Wolverine and the X-Men.

#18 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#19 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm loving his art.

#20 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (7722 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daycrawler:

#21 Posted by Daycrawler (552 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCheeseStabber said:

@Daycrawler:

Awesome! Think this should be some sort of alternative MU.

#22 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

I can't tell if you're being ironic or something but the OP mentions Chris Bachalo being better then Bradshaw, in fact that's the ONLY thing I could discern from reading that mess

That said, no idea who this Bradshaw fellow is but Bachalo is amazing and I don't understand people's hate for him...I'm pissed that he left for Marvel in the 90's, especially since Marvel readers don't seem to appreciate him nowadays but maybe it's just a modern day thing, everyone wants their Greg Land's whereas back in the 90's people had proper taste in art or something?

#23 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (7722 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daycrawler: MU American version

#24 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost said:

@JediXMan said:

I can't tell if you're being ironic or something but the OP mentions Chris Bachalo being better then Bradshaw, in fact that's the ONLY thing I could discern from reading that mess

That said, no idea who this Bradshaw fellow is but Bachalo is amazing and I don't understand people's hate for him...I'm pissed that he left for Marvel in the 90's, especially since Marvel readers don't seem to appreciate him nowadays but maybe it's just a modern day thing, everyone wants their Greg Land's whereas back in the 90's people had proper taste in art or something?

you beat me too i also read that bradshaw admits chris is better than he is he says quote it sucks that i have to piggyback chris bachalo's work

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.