Follow

Nextwave

Team » Nextwave appears in 33 issues.

For God's sake, somebody call NextWave...

Nextwave: Should it have an anime?

Avatar image for the_ghost_writer
    The Ghost Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The Ghost Writer

I recently came across a picture on Warren Ellis' blog that was done by director Hiroyuki Imaishi (of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann), and it got me thinking: "With all the "Marvel Anime" series being put out as of late, wouldn't it be awesome to see a Nextwave anime done by Imashi?" 

Imaishi is actually a self-proclaimed fan of the series, and from what I've seen watching TTGL, I think he'd actually produce a really awesome show, worthy of the Nextwave name. I mean, the big names like Wolverine, Iron-Man, the X-Men, and all the others get thrown around so much these days, that it seems like all of the lesser known characters- such as the heroes of Nextwave- don't get the exposure that they so richly deserve. Personally, I'd be thrilled to hear that Marvel would be producing an anime title like this. 

How about you guys? What do you think? Should our heroes get their so-richly-deserved anime exposure? 

Oh, and before I forget, here's the link to the photo in question: http://www.warrenellis.com/?p=10206    
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

It certainly has a style & enegy to it that would naturally translate into an anime.  However, it'd be a pretty short lived series.  The only 'sequels' to NextWave have been the two short stories featuring Else & Boom Boom (which is great to see tham again, but sad that it's without the rest of the team too)

Avatar image for the_ghost_writer
    The Ghost Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The Ghost Writer
    @xerox-kitty said:
    "

It certainly has a style & enegy to it that would naturally translate into an anime.  However, it'd be a pretty short lived series.  The only 'sequels' to NextWave have been the two short stories featuring Else & Boom Boom (which is great to see tham again, but sad that it's without the rest of the team too)

"

Agreed, on both accounts. It'd probably be a pretty short series, but from the looks of things, the rest of the "Marvel Anime" line is pretty short in and of itself (ach series has only 12 episodes to it). Besides, as you say, its really sad to see reunions of the old team, but without anyone really trying to "put the band back together" for real. All the more reason why this show should come to be. I'm dyin' to see more of the team's zany antics, not to mention the off-the-wall awesome that we ran into during the book's run. From the killer-pink-koalas to the incident with Forbrush Man, and everything inbetween, this screams "anime" to me, especially considering Imaishi's latest work (i.e. Panty and Stocking With Garterbelt).

That being said, it says that Ellis himself is actually the one heading up the whole "anime" project. I'm sure if someone planted the idea in his head, he could easily make this into an anime, with Imaishi at the wheel as far as most of the production goes. Heh, I'm getting the image of a Gurren Lagann-esque style for the show myself. I think that particualr art-style would be perfect for the Nextwave gang's transition into the realm of anime.
    Avatar image for theworldbreaker
    Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Theworldbreaker

TTGL is awsome.
    daken_2513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By daken_2513

i would soooo watch a nextwave anime

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.