NYCC 2012 - Day One Wrap Up

Posted by abauman (111 posts) - - Show Bio
Play
Please use a flash or html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
00:00:00
Sorry, but you can't access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video

By clicking 'enter', you agree to Comic Vine's
Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

Staff
#1 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

When is the green lantern panel??

#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

What was that thing you guys were doing where you were moving your arms?

#3 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

I think it was them playing Marvel's The Avengers: Battle for Earth, If we're talking about the same thing.

#4 Posted by Mercy_ (92676 posts) - - Show Bio

Sara, those boots look amazinggg (and amazingly comfy).

Have a blast! Wish I could have made it this year :(

#5 Posted by AlKusanagi (601 posts) - - Show Bio

Pick me up a Rocket Raccoon coffee mug while you're there!

#6 Posted by Charlemagne (6969 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

Xbox Kinect lol she told me she whooped his ass with Iron Man (Gman was the Hulk)

I also think the, "So what did you do?" cuts to Gman doing Comic Con stuff "And what did u do?" cuts to Babs getting her boots polished and lookin fly LMAO classic

#7 Posted by HempKnight757 (128 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry I fell asleep. What I miss? R. Kelly poster & nothing. Okay.

#8 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the video! Comic Vine is my only source for comic convention news.

Was that a Jane Shepard cosplayer or a booth girl? I ask, becasue if that's a cosplayer, she had a great outfit.

Those TOMB RAIDER stairs looked pretty cool, but I wonder how effective that is since you can only see the full things from just the right angle. I really loved the previous games, but I enjoyed the puzzle solving. Not sure how that's going to be reflected in the new game.

As I think about it, are you sure that was a professional shoe shiner or just the most accommodating artists ever? Either way, those came out really shiny.

Holy Hell! That's a Tony Tony Chopper, post time skip, cosplayer behind Sara at 1:49. Awesome!

#9 Edited by JamDamage (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

I bet G-Man keeps telling himself in the back of his head "F NEW YORK!!!" At least he should be since he's from Chicago.

#10 Posted by SavageDragon (2250 posts) - - Show Bio

Wish I was there!!

#11 Posted by DonFelipe (1096 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice swing, Sarah! Must be your new shiny boots. Wrap up to the wrap up. Hope I haven't missed anything important out.

#12 Posted by ThePRez (278 posts) - - Show Bio

R-Kelly... why is him in NYCC?

#13 Posted by hunter5024 (128 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the freeze frame.

#14 Posted by k4tzm4n (39496 posts) - - Show Bio
@zackattack529 said:

DC Comics: GL - The Third Army Arrives is today from 2:45- 3:45.  Unfortunately, I think that interferes with other panels I'm in, but I'll have to double check.  I'm going to do my best to jump from panel to panel and in between find some wifi to post these features!

Staff
#15 Posted by Chris207 (118 posts) - - Show Bio

Let me say: while I love the coverage you guys provide for SDCC, NYCC and other conventions... 

...why have you never covered anything in Boston?

#16 Posted by cyberchop979 (451 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome video. Hopefully I will see you guys there on Saturday.

#17 Posted by sj_esposito (457 posts) - - Show Bio

Man.. I wish I were going this year. But, since I'm not, I'm looking forward to all the coverage.

#18 Posted by inferiorego (22646 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamDamage said:

I bet G-Man keeps telling himself in the back of his head "F NEW YORK!!!" At least he should be since he's from Chicago.

Chicago pride!

@k4tzm4n said:

@zackattack529 said:

DC Comics: GL - The Third Army Arrives is today from 2:45- 3:45. Unfortunately, I think that interferes with other panels I'm in, but I'll have to double check. I'm going to do my best to jump from panel to panel and in between find some wifi to post these features!

Mwaahahahahahaha. Choose wisely, young K4tzm4n!

Staff
#19 Posted by Webjaker (366 posts) - - Show Bio

I just moved from Seattle to Ohio, so I recognize that look, know your feel Zzzzz

#20 Posted by DDangelico (219 posts) - - Show Bio

I had a change of plans and couldn't go to NYCC this year and had to sell my ticket (major bummer). But these videos make it sting so much less. You guys do such a good job!

Have a blast guys! Hopefully next year I'll be able to go and we can do a comicvine meet up at a bar or something!

#21 Posted by LordLOC (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Uh, is it bad that I thought something horribly perverted was going on when that first frame of Sarah getting her shoes shined started in the video? lol

Also, is that like the first time you've ever gotten a shoe shine Sarah? It's a lost art frankly I'm afraid, like so many things these days.

#22 Posted by mightypug78 (343 posts) - - Show Bio

all i can think of when i see that r. kelly poster behind them is that scientology episode of southpark lol.

#23 Posted by CitizenJP (595 posts) - - Show Bio

Shiny boots for Sara.

#24 Posted by Howlverine (62 posts) - - Show Bio

: Should've gone with a bow-tie. Bow-ties are cool. :)

#25 Posted by Mercy_ (92676 posts) - - Show Bio

@Howlverine said:

: Should've gone with a bow-tie. Bow-ties are cool. :)

High fives

#26 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@zackattack529 said:

DC Comics: GL - The Third Army Arrives is today from 2:45- 3:45. Unfortunately, I think that interferes with other panels I'm in, but I'll have to double check. I'm going to do my best to jump from panel to panel and in between find some wifi to post these features!

yaa i jjust actually saw some of the green lantern stuff from a stream online. its pretty much all third army stufff and new guardians is getting a new artist..not too much.

but thanks anyways :)

now im looking foward to the batman panel

#27 Posted by dcfox (152 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the Mystery Art Challenge. Can't wait till that video goes up.

#28 Posted by csl316 (169 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys, I promise to come back to Comic Vine if you cover the hell out of this show.

I do believe that the shiny boots and art challenges will appeal to me.

#29 Posted by cacarl (138 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna say thanks to G-Man. Thanks for the pic and the gifts.

#30 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Lego Hulk, niiiiiice. And wow Sara, that guy shined your boots good!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.