razzatazz's New X-Men #118 - Germ Free Generation Part One review

Shocks him out of it

This issue follows up after the X-Men have broken a mutant organ smuggling ring in Hong Kong, and now they are looking for some more answers as to what is going on.   The book opens with an interesting scene, in which a man is proselytizing to a mass about the threat of mutants.   The concept was interesting (and kind of creepy) though it also was somewhat pandering to the fans.   The subsequent portions follow one of three subplots – Logan is in Wyoming searching for a mutant, a mutant girl is shown being hunted and abused, and Jean, Scott and Emma deal with protesters while trying to figure out how to confront who they determine is the leader of the mutant organ smuggling ring.    Overall, this was an above average issue, in terms of what you might expect from a story arc it is a little light on the suspense and intrigue, but it deals with some heavier issues than most.