Why the hell are they killing the Scarlet Spiders?

#1 Posted by twiztidtunes (75 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally liked the characters...honestly the only good clones I can think of. Unless they clone Firestar.

#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91067 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Marvel doesn't give a sh#t about characters who aren't A-List.

#3 Edited by Quintus_Knightfall (84365 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I liked the Scarlet Spiders for some reason and don't understand the reason behind killing em all off. Its down to one now right? That's weak.

#4 Posted by twiztidtunes (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes down to 1 now..Patrick is the only one left. KIA killed Van and now the Thor clone killed Mike. They could stick MVP in a Spidy suit and that would be good. I think the reason we liked them is the fact there was a fair bit of character development. At first I was like here comes more clones then the relationship with their  "father" and so on. 

#5 Posted by Vance Astro (91067 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring back Ben Reilly.

#6 Posted by SUNMAN (7139 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Bring back Ben Reilly."
Why not. They brought Harry back. You know what lets just bring back everyone who was killed over the years. Lets bring back peters biological parents and Uncle Ben while we are at it.
#7 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio
SUNMAN said:
"You know what lets just bring back everyone who was killed over the years. Lets bring back peters biological parents and Uncle Ben while we are at it."

I thought they're adlready done that :p  But this is Marvel... nobody stays dead forever.  Even Mockingbird came back after a decade or two of the afterlife :p  What next?  Gert Yorkes?  Namorita?  John Proudstar? 
#8 Posted by Legendary Hero (67 posts) - - Show Bio
SUNMAN said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Bring back Ben Reilly."
Why not. They brought Harry back. You know what lets just bring back everyone who was killed over the years. Lets bring back peters biological parents and Uncle Ben while we are at it.
"
HHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#9 Posted by 9th Wonder (217 posts) - - Show Bio
xerox-kitty said:
"SUNMAN said:
"You know what lets just bring back everyone who was killed over the years. Lets bring back peters biological parents and Uncle Ben while we are at it."

I thought they're adlready done that :p  But this is Marvel... nobody stays dead forever.  Even Mockingbird came back after a decade or two of the afterlife :p  What next?  Gert Yorkes?  Namorita?  John Proudstar?  "
Actuall Namorita was close to coming back.
#10 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked them as a group. Don't know if I will like just having one. I'm kind of just waiting for him to die now.

#11 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see why they might want to reduce them down from a group of three down to a single Scarlet Spider but I liked the idea of a team of three clones with spidey suits.

#12 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

I never liked the Scarlet Spiders.

#13 Posted by box turtle (1258 posts) - - Show Bio

They just wanted one left.  They aren't going to kill Patrick--they only want a single Spider. 
  I like the Spiders.  They are cool and they add more depth to the scientist Baron

#14 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio

They just make clones so they could kill somebody during plots to so us the threat the characters are up to is big. Even so the three spiders where prety cool toguether!

#15 Posted by grimm (525 posts) - - Show Bio

It happens all the time with duplicates. They create more than one so they can easily kill one off without killing a main character. They killed 1,002 out of 5 stepford cuckoos (they created 1,000 cuckoos in 1 panel just to kill them in the next)

#16 Posted by grimm (525 posts) - - Show Bio

It happens all the time with duplicates. They create more than one so they can easily kill one off without killing a main character. They killed 1,002 out of 5 stepford cuckoos (they created 1,000 cuckoos in 1 panel just to kill them in the next)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.