I think the New Warriors concept and idea has died

#1 Posted by HammerTron (590 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks like there has been 5 volumes.

It has failed five times.

The first time was the longest time.

I think the magic has been lost and it'll be impossible for it to be recaptured.

What do all of you think?

#2 Posted by MTHarman (725 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems that nobody cares for C-List heroes these days.

#3 Posted by HammerTron (590 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was originally a great idea for reviving underused characters.

#4 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually I would read a new series with them Im a big fan of C-list characters and new characters

I F*#king loved Secret Warriors, Agents of Atlas, T.H.U.D.E.R. Agents and Secret Six

#5 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@MTHarman said:

It seems that nobody cares for C-List heroes these days.

Unfortunately :\

It's sad that we couldn't really see them live up to their full potential like the Teen Titans did.

Well, some of them did I guess, but I think the majority could do much more.

#6 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering the first volume lasted over 70 issues, it hardly failed. Hell, even their last series lasted longer than a lot of other failed attempts at ongoings. What failed was Marvel jettisoned them and their legacy purely for the sake of Civil War.

#7 Posted by charlieboy (7158 posts) - - Show Bio

I would totally read a new New Warriors book. They need to be redeemed after the civil war fiasco.

#8 Posted by waezi2 (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, the first series was a success. It lasted 75 issues + 3 annuals. The second series was apparently REALLY disappointing compared to its older brother (I haven't read it yet, and I'm unsure if I dare), and it kinda "killed" the Warriors.

Vol. 3 was meant to be a six-issue miniseries.

And it was four, not five times.

What do you mean by "The Idea?" Just wanna know, that all.

#9 Posted by waezi2 (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it the "teen team" concept?

#10 Posted by HammerTron (590 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2 said:

Actually, the first series was a success. It lasted 75 issues + 3 annuals. The second series was apparently REALLY disappointing compared to its older brother (I haven't read it yet, and I'm unsure if I dare), and it kinda "killed" the Warriors.

Vol. 3 was meant to be a six-issue miniseries.

And it was four, not five times.

What do you mean by "The Idea?" Just wanna know, that all.

The idea was to gather together some characters that seemed to have been forgotten and then put them together on a team and produce fun and exciting adventures for comic book readers to read and enjoy and then make some money in the process.

#11 Posted by waezi2 (7031 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by HammerTron (590 posts) - - Show Bio
@waezi2 said:

@hammertron: I that case, mission accomplished.

Not really.

They have not been able to replicate the success of the original.

Each of the following incarnations had failed.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.