Another one bites the dust...

#1 Posted by KumoriKunoichi (588 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok so Stamford Tragedy wiped out the original NT, Namorita, and Microbe. Then the new New Warriors comes around and Longstrike gets thwacked. And recently, Ripcord and Skybolt bit the big one. Personally it's a lot at once, especially with unexplored characters like Ripcord (well she was explored a bit) and Skybolt. I was hoping they'd go in depth about who they were. Oh well.

You think anyone else is gonna kick the bucket?

#2 Posted by danhimself (22713 posts) - - Show Bio

i wouldn't be suprised if all of them except for thrasher died during this arc and then through the magic of time travel were all brought back at the end

#3 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio
danhimself said:
"i wouldn't be suprised if all of them except for thrasher died during this arc and then through the magic of time travel were all brought back at the end"
I hope, Renesance, Wondra and Decibel do not die.
#4 Posted by KumoriKunoichi (588 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"danhimself said:
"i wouldn't be suprised if all of them except for thrasher died during this arc and then through the magic of time travel were all brought back at the end"
I hope, Renesance, Wondra and Decibel do not die."
Agreed, Sophia shouldn't be on NW because she's a lot cooler than that (although i like the x23/hellion pairing more), Jubilee err Wondra has been a dynamic character this whole time, so has Jono. I agree with Dan, probably most if not all are gonna kick it. That would be Phaser, Blackwing, and Tempest if you ignore the other three and N.T. (Did I miss anyone?)
#5 Posted by Chickenman (271 posts) - - Show Bio

It wouldn't surprise me if they cleared out everyone who isn't Jube, Jono, and possibly Sophia to make room for some old NW faces to join up. Even getting rid of this NT isn't out of the question. Justice would make a much better team leader than Thrash.

#6 Posted by KumoriKunoichi (588 posts) - - Show Bio
Chickenman said:
"It wouldn't surprise me if they cleared out everyone who isn't Jube, Jono, and possibly Sophia to make room for some old NW faces to join up. Even getting rid of this NT isn't out of the question. Justice would make a much better team leader than Thrash."
The sad thing is I really really like Tempest and Blackwing...At least get rid of Phaser if you want to knock off all of the Omega Gang (minus Herman), sides all he's been doing lately is keeping to the background, losing his sis totally drove him nuts. Tempest is a dynamic character I think and Blackwing, hell Beak came a long way from being a disgrace. Just get rid of Phaser, bring back Ripcord, and keep the original NT, Namorita, and Microbe dead so you don't destroy the entire plot
#7 Posted by fesak (6981 posts) - - Show Bio

All of the current New Warriors was great characters, and all had very unique powers. None of them are even slightly anywhere near their established personalities now, they're just a bunch of random generics with a bunch of random generic powers.

#8 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"All of the current New Warriors was great characters, and all had very unique powers. None of them are even slightly anywhere near their established personalities now, they're just a bunch of random generics with a bunch of random generic powers."
Absolutely true. Unfortunately, I doubt that this current storyline is going to shake things up too much. Maybe they'll kill off the uncharismatic, uninteresting, and oft absent Thrash and have Wondra (embrace it, it ain't gonna change) take over the team once and for all.
#9 Posted by Kairan1979 (16926 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate the fact that the team was just disbanded and its remaining members (Jubilee the only exception) forgotten. Couldn't they make Hope click her fingers and repower one or two of them?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.