Who should Cyclops pick to lead the mutant race?

#1 Posted by Namor1987 (1886 posts) - - Show Bio

My initial picks aren't even from New Mutants to be honest. They're Cable, Namor, Havok or Magneto. I picked Cable because he brought that crazy Hope girl back to the present with him & she's insanely powerful & I think she's going to be the "mutant anti-Christ"  & I'd like to see him be like "oh crap Bishop was right" & just blow her head off, plus he's experienced, a seasoned war veteran, master tactician & strategist & has been through time & seen a lot of things. Namor because he hasn't really done much since he joined the team (but then again I don't read any titles except for X-Force & New Mutants) plus he's lead his whole race & royalty & would be nice to see how he lead the mutant  race. Havok because I always felt that he could have done a better job than Cyclops if given the chance & he's just as talented a leader as his brother, Scott. I picked Magneto because he's lead the Brotherhood Of Evil Mutants, The Acolytes, & Genosha & Asteroid M on numerous occasions. But If I had to pick out of the New Mutants I would say Danielle Moonstar deserves to lead the mutant race because in issue 10 Sam was more of a pushover & kinda seemed like he had non-verbally forfeited all his leadership power to Dani & plus Danielle can hold her own even while depowered.

#2 Posted by nicknicholby (523 posts) - - Show Bio

of the new mutants, i think it would be fun to see cypher lead the mutants with warlock as his right hand man.  the new development of his powers is really interesting and he's highly intelligent.
#3 Posted by Kairan1979 (16745 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see any of New Mutants leading the mutant race.
And I still hope that Hope (no pun intended) becomes a Mutant Messiah in the future.

#4 Posted by joshmightbe (24884 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

Will Cannonball return to the NM team when he recovers from his injuries? I thought Scott was grooming him to lead the X-Men,

#6 Posted by Mercy_ (92686 posts) - - Show Bio

Cannonball showed in Age of X that he most certainly has the potential to lead. 

#7 Posted by Wattup (648 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
It's hard to take CB seriously after Deadpool called him Cannonballs.
#8 Posted by Mercy_ (92686 posts) - - Show Bio
@Wattup said:
@The Dark Huntress said:
LMFAO. I vaguely remember that. It was from Messiah War, right?
#9 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

haha that's hilarious! But still I agree with Dark Huntress and say Cannonball has the cannonballs to lead the team.
#10 Posted by Wattup (648 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
@Wattup said:
@The Dark Huntress said:
LMFAO. I vaguely remember that. It was from Messiah War, right?
I remember it from Deadpool's first solo series during a team-up with Siryn and Cannonball.
#11 Posted by Sukislide (52 posts) - - Show Bio

It should be Storm because she's suppose to be the next leader of the X-men but she got married to what's his name....oh yeah Black Panter, So the next person to lead should be Magneto or Beast, the next 2 closes people to Professor X.  I would say Emma Frost but too many of the X-men dont even trust her, let alone get along with her.
#12 Posted by madrid_san (1805 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sukislide
But Beast is not with the X-Men. And Storm hasn't been 2nd in command for a LONG time. I believe Emma Frost, Angel, and Wolverine and probably more are ahead of her in rank now.

He seems to have a lot of faith in Dani and Sam. But Dani has no powers dammit! Make it Sam! He won't make Magneto lead for obvious reasons. For now atleast.

#13 Posted by joshmightbe (24884 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sukislide: It should most definitely not be Magneto even if he wasn't a hate monger if the human governments saw him in charge they'd nuke Utopia in a second 
#14 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

Cannonball.

#15 Edited by PhoenixoftheTides (3531 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought about it: how about Karma or Moonstar?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.