New Mutants III - 010

Posted by pixie_child (258 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh my god! Every time I read this issue, I get goosebumps. 

I love the insuation that the future leader that Cyclops chooses is Danielle Moonstar! She's exactly what the future of the mutants need, excpet for maybe an active mutation. But she lead the New Mutants for years and was a great teacher and mentor at Xavier's before M-Day. I want it to be her so bad.    
#1 Posted by Edamame (28062 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixie_child:
X-Force 27

New Mutants 13
#2 Posted by pixie_child (258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:
is this your way of disagreeing with me?    
#3 Posted by Edamame (28062 posts) - - Show Bio
Nah ah! I like Dani
#4 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

It does seem weird to see Dani as this constantly aggressive & angry young woman.  Her portrayal in the second New Mutants series, New X-Men & Avengers: Initiative has been as a strong yet patient & understanding woman.  Now she's regressed to the mid-teen who wanted to lash out and fight with Xavier or Magneto over everything & anything.

#5 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18847 posts) - - Show Bio

I really want Dani to lead, but i also agree with Xerox Kitty when she says that it's weird to see Dani being aggressive.

#6 Posted by Edamame (28062 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
" I really want Dani to lead, but i also agree with Xerox Kitty when she says that it's weird to see Dani being aggressive. "
One can't always be calm.  : )
#7 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18847 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: That is true lol
#8 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" It does seem weird to see Dani as this constantly aggressive & angry young woman.  Her portrayal in the second New Mutants series, New X-Men & Avengers: Initiative has been as a strong yet patient & understanding woman.  Now she's regressed to the mid-teen who wanted to lash out and fight with Xavier or Magneto over everything & anything. "
Co-Signed. Danielle fought Hope, that made me sick.
#9 Edited by Edamame (28062 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL. Hope threw what? Food at her? LMAO.

New Mutants 13

New Mutants 13

New Mutants 13
#10 Posted by pixie_child (258 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
"It does seem weird to see Dani as this constantly aggressive & angry young woman.  Her portrayal in the second New Mutants series, New X-Men & Avengers: Initiative has been as a strong yet patient & understanding woman.  Now she's regressed to the mid-teen who wanted to lash out and fight with Xavier or Magneto over everything & anything. "

I agree. But her roll in New Mutants (III) wasn't like that. It seems to me like they needed soneone to start that chap and she was the easiest pick. I think that all it would really take is a decent issue to correct/explain/negate that childish responces they've had her do lately and put her back into the character she was in New Mutants (II) and New X-Men (II).
#11 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

It's certainly an interesting choice.

#12 Posted by pixie_child (258 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24:
I don't this it is, really, if you take into account all her leadership rolls in the past.
#13 Posted by Emerald_General_Jai (2306 posts) - - Show Bio

Cannonball's a better choice. Though i can see her playing Storm to his Cyclops. After all the training he's had from both Cable and Prof X, an now Cyke as well. I'd be really surprised..and rather disappointed if she was the choice made. 

#14 Edited by 244 (496 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:

" It does seem weird to see Dani as this constantly aggressive & angry young woman.  Her portrayal in the second New Mutants series, New X-Men & Avengers: Initiative has been as a strong yet patient & understanding woman.  Now she's regressed to the mid-teen who wanted to lash out and fight with Xavier or Magneto over everything & anything. "

I can come up with a justification for that: maybe the fact she became a depowered mutant, she's trying to make it up for that by being more angry and aggressive, but I'm kind of in the same boat with you on that as well with the other New Mutants characters (you have to admit it's better than going through character derailment, though).
#15 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@244 said:
" @xerox-kitty said:

I can come up with a justification for that: maybe the fact she became a depowered mutant, she's trying to make it up for that by being more angry and aggressive, but I'm kind of in the same boat with you on that as well with the other New Mutants characters (you have to admit it's better than going through character derailment, though). "
I'd love to agree with you.  However, she was depowered & still wanted to teach the kids at the Institute.... and when she helped Trauma come to terms with his powers & directed him into a life of counselling others... and when she took on the role of coaching the Young X-Men...  

Suddenly the New Mutants get together again, and she starts talking with her fists.  She hasn't been so angry since she first joined the New Mutants (nearly 30 years ago).  She's grown.  There's been character development since.  Does she still have to be angry after so many years??
#16 Edited by pixie_child (258 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:
No, she doesn't. But I guess they wanted to have someone come to blows with Hope, they decided it had to be a woman to make it a fair fight and Dani is the most recognisable. That's my guess, anyhow.
#17 Posted by 244 (496 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @244 said:
" @xerox-kitty said:

I can come up with a justification for that: maybe the fact she became a depowered mutant, she's trying to make it up for that by being more angry and aggressive, but I'm kind of in the same boat with you on that as well with the other New Mutants characters (you have to admit it's better than going through character derailment, though). "
I'd love to agree with you.  However, she was depowered & still wanted to teach the kids at the Institute.... and when she helped Trauma come to terms with his powers & directed him into a life of counselling others... and when she took on the role of coaching the Young X-Men...  

Suddenly the New Mutants get together again, and she starts talking with her fists.  She hasn't been so angry since she first joined the New Mutants (nearly 30 years ago).  She's grown.  There's been character development since.  Does she still have to be angry after so many years?? "

Yeah, you're right about that.
I have to admit my justification kind of came off half-baked.   : P
#18 Posted by extrememage (184 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe she's so angry because she feels so useless with all the stuff going on and her being powerless again. i mean wouldnt you be frustrated in that situation. yes she was patient and understanding with that trauma kid but teaching is something you dont need powers for and she found natural. shes angry at hope for what happened to her friends and she has every right to be angry with wolverine suggesting to shoot her friend. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.