Follow

New Mutants

Team » New Mutants appears in 1671 issues.

The New Mutants are a team of young mutants in training at Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters.

new mutants forever

N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By N7_Normandy

Hey guys.  i was looking at the upcoming wednesday releases and stumbled upon this.  I realize this is a mini series, but how is it supposed to fit in with the current new mutants series?  Or is it a completely seperate entity?
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@N7_Normandy said:
    "Hey guys.  i was looking at the upcoming wednesday releases and stumbled upon this.  I realize this is a mini series, but how is it supposed to fit in with the current new mutants series?  Or is it a completely seperate entity? "

I think its along the lines of X-Men Forever and X-Factor forever. None of which are related to the 616 universe in any way.
    N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By N7_Normandy
    @Jake Fury said:
    "@N7_Normandy said:
    "Hey guys.  i was looking at the upcoming wednesday releases and stumbled upon this.  I realize this is a mini series, but how is it supposed to fit in with the current new mutants series?  Or is it a completely seperate entity? "
    I think its along the lines of X-Men Forever and X-Factor forever. None of which are related to the 616 universe in any way. "

sounds like a pretty awesome series; can't wait to pick it up
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @N7_Normandy: It's a new timeline that is set when Chris Claremont originally left the New Mutants.  Around issue 53 I think.  Anyway, from what I've seen so far, the Bill Sienkiewicz variant covers are the best thing.  The internal art is by Al Rio, and the stories are just randomly mashed together under the false pretence that these were the stories that Claremont originally wanted to tell.  As much as I love the New Mutants, I can't stand the idea of this mini series.
    jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By jordama

Just checked Rio's gallery and it looks like he does very sexualized work. And yes, we all know that the "original alternate storyline" is complete bull, but this could be somewhat interesting... maybe...kinda... I liked X-Factor Forever... not so much X-Men forever...
    jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By jordama

I just read the first issue. It is pretty bad in my book. 

just double checked, they have in the back that Legion is Charles and Moira son...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.