New Mutants: Exiled and After.

#1 Edited by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

So the crossover between Journey into Mystery and New Mutants started last week with a very solid issue. Some of the seeds that DnA planted sprouted for very interesting results. Gillen and DnA had a solid first issue and next issue continues into Journey into Mystery. The Preview for the first JiM crossover issues is out as well. Time for a recap of Exiled #1 and the preview of Journey into Mystery.

Recap
  • Recap of Bor and his Disir and where the Disir are now
  • We learn a little more about the New Mutant's watchful neighbor
  • Dani tries to re-enforce her integration ideal, make Sunspot get a job, and we learn they have clunker of a car.
  • Dani goes over to the Neighbor's after noticing him watching them. He sees that she is a Valkryie and freaks out to himself.
  • Meanwhile, the Disir escape Hell, and Mephisto tell Loki who in turns informs the others about the Disir so they can stop them.
  • The Disir appear before Dani which leads the New Mutants to defend her. Hela and her forces appear.
  • Sunspot says the best lines ever. "Oh Man! Is this more Asgardian stuff? Asgardian stuff freaks me out! When are you going to quit being a Valkryie, Dani?"
  • Thor and Loki's forces arrive just in time to see the Neighbor reveal himself to be Sigurd the Everglorius aka the Blade of Bor.
  • As the Disir go for Sigurd, he takes out a Scroll and recites an incantation which causes all the gods to vanish, leaving the New Mutants to wonder what happened.

And now the preview of Journey into Mystery which comes out tomorrow. Preview is from CBR

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=12280

And Marvel.com has posted an article about what will happen post Exiled.

http://marvel.com/news/story/18699/new_mutants_after_exiled

Take away from the article:

- The next two arcs are "Fear the Future" (3 issues) and "Fight the Future" (3 issues) which take us to issue 50.

- Fear the Future features the Defenders as something is up and the New Mutants team are at the center of it.

-Once both arcs are over, the team gets back to their mission of Unfinished Business.

- Magma's relationship with Mephisto will be get further attention as well as Nate and Dani's new relationship which now we'll get to see Cannonball's reaction to it given how Dani and Sam left things.

-Karma, Blink, and others will be reappearing in the future as well.

- “It’s all romance from here,” teases Abnett. “Romance is the very heart of it. And kissing.”

#2 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7264 posts) - - Show Bio

Never did i think that i'd actually be enjoying this series as much as i am now, and what's worse, i'm not even a reader of J.I.M nor do i know CRAP about Asgardians and the like, but the story/plot is so damn intriguing. I can't get enough.  
 
On that note, I'm happy the New Mutants involvement in this wasn't solely tied to Dani's Valkyrie connection's, it's something all the more better. Glad that Karma'll be back but i'm curious as to how that will play with her involvement over at Astonishing X-Men as i kinda want her to stay in that title too. Not so glad that Blink'll be appearing, but, hey, that's one less character not suffering for CBL. Things are actually looking good for the NM...now if Magik could just rejoin...
 
P.S I have to say this, Exiled is WAY better than AvX by a stomp. Sorry, but the truth is truth. Story makes sense, characters arent written to act like morons and there's also no Wolverine, no to mention, there's a large cast to explore.

#3 Edited by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

Never did i think that i'd actually be enjoying this series as much as i am now, and what's worse, i'm not even a reader of J.I.M nor do i know CRAP about Asgardians and the like, but the story/plot is so damn intriguing. I can't get enough.

On that note, I'm happy the New Mutants involvement in this wasn't solely tied to Dani's Valkyrie connection's, it's something all the more better. Glad that Karma'll be back but i'm curious as to how that will play with her involvement over at Astonishing X-Men as i kinda want her to stay in that title too. Not so glad that Blink'll be appearing, but, hey, that's one less character not suffering for CBL. Things are actually looking good for the NM...now if Magik could just rejoin...

P.S I have to say this, Exiled is WAY better than AvX by a stomp. Sorry, but the truth is truth. Story makes sense, characters arent written to act like morons and there's also no Wolverine, no to mention, there's a large cast to explore.

You are reading my mind. I agree with all of this. Honestly I'm looking forward to New Mutants 42. The beauty is that it's not oh lets do something with Asgard. It's more like a fantasy novel featuring the Mutants New (Love Kid Loki even though I haven't been reading JiM.) I kinda want Loki to stick around....or maybe that I want Gillen on New Mutants cause of this. Either way, this is better than the confusion in AvX.

Please tell me you too wish to see Loki in that Wolverine costume with spoon claws?

I would actually support Loki being on the team. He's just so adorable, and awesome.
God, I want to see this. Fan artists get on this.

#4 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

Journey Into Mystery #637 came out yesterday, and continued the Exiled story.

Recap
-The New Mutants are left wondering what happened like last time, and they think they should call in Illyana to see what kind of magic did all this.
-New morning, they are at the breakfast table still trying to figure out what happened, Doug has muffins which he learned to make cause Food is apparently a language.
-Dani goes into a speech before being lost in the muffin to which Nate slaps it out of her hand with the message of "Focus." Nate says reality has been warped citing his own experience with that, and Doug says he's right.
-Door rings to reveal a Chris Hemsworth (lol) look a like who is the mechanic came to fix the car. The team thinks he's Thor and follows him.
-At the Garage, when the team says he is Thor, he jokes it off saying they all saw the movies. They leave, only for a man who looks like Fandral appears. He is a bar owner and called Thor, Arthur.
-Luke, a young boy who is playing a board game, goes with on adventure in the city. Meanwhile, we see many people who look like Hela, Leah, Hogun. Volstagg, and mysterious blonde woman.
-Luke goes into a back alley and is chased by a red eyed dog (Thori, Loki's Hel-hound most likely), climbs over a fence to escape and runs into a woman named Tif (Sif) and a one handed war veteran (Tyr).
-It is at this moment that Luke runs into the New Mutants. Luke is excited by the 'X-Men". Said he was half mutant, sent an application to Logan's School, and worn a Wolverine halloween costume with spoon claws.
-Dani knows who Luke is. He's Loki. Luke has no clue what who that is or what happened as the team tries to make him remember. Doug decides to invoke some Illyana and says he the Trickster of Asgard.
-Luke passes out and wakes up as Loki. Loki then decides he and his X-Friends go check out Sigurd's home for clues.
-While looking for clues, Loki appears with a New Mutants suit on saying if he is to stand with the Mutants New, he should look the part. The suit doesn't fit him. Loki goes on to talk about how team ups like these works so well. "Awkward fellows, brought together by an uncaring fate, to solve a great mystery." Sigurd appears again.
-We learn Sigurd has been living it up since the spell was used cause he didn't need to worry about the Disir (who want to eat him) and the Asgardians. The spell causes Asgardians to forget who they are.
-Dani says he annihilated the greatest hero in human history by which she means Thor to which Sigurd rebuttals "Please, I was being Thor before Thor though about being Thor." We also learn the spell he used came from Loki when he was older. Kid Loki says nervously he needs to consult some tomes.
-Sigurd is shown to be a selfish man than is only glad to be free from the hunters so he can live it up. Nate says, "Don't you feel any responsibility for this?" Sigurd says in a nutshell it's all good. Things worked out. The group and Loki can rescue the Asgardians, and the Disir were transformed into something harmless.
-We shift to night, the hound barks at cat who is grabbed an consumed by the mysterious blonde woman from before. The Disir are not as harmless as Sigurd thinks.

Not gonna lie, Exiled is really making the New Mutants look good. Cause this isn't like the Fear itself crap or directly tied to Dani's Valkryie powers. It's like reading a fantasy novel. Its the right amount of Journey into Mystery and New Mutants. Kieron Gillen.....you sir are amazing. DnA, if you make the New mutants as good as this post Exiled then I will give you two props.

#5 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7264 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Never did i think that i'd actually be enjoying this series as much as i am now, and what's worse, i'm not even a reader of J.I.M nor do i know CRAP about Asgardians and the like, but the story/plot is so damn intriguing. I can't get enough.

On that note, I'm happy the New Mutants involvement in this wasn't solely tied to Dani's Valkyrie connection's, it's something all the more better. Glad that Karma'll be back but i'm curious as to how that will play with her involvement over at Astonishing X-Men as i kinda want her to stay in that title too. Not so glad that Blink'll be appearing, but, hey, that's one less character not suffering for CBL. Things are actually looking good for the NM...now if Magik could just rejoin...

P.S I have to say this, Exiled is WAY better than AvX by a stomp. Sorry, but the truth is truth. Story makes sense, characters arent written to act like morons and there's also no Wolverine, no to mention, there's a large cast to explore.

You are reading my mind. I agree with all of this. Honestly I'm looking forward to New Mutants 42. The beauty is that it's not oh lets do something with Asgard. It's more like a fantasy novel featuring the Mutants New (Love Kid Loki even though I haven't been reading JiM.) I kinda want Loki to stick around....or maybe that I want Gillen on New Mutants cause of this. Either way, this is better than the confusion in AvX.

Please tell me you too wish to see Loki in that Wolverine costume with spoon claws?

I would actually support Loki being on the team. He's just so adorable, and awesome.
God, I want to see this. Fan artists get on this.

I'm good at that. You're right, for the record, i wasn't exactly enjoying the New Mutants as a team/series (stopped reading after the issue where CB and Karma left) for sometime, when i saw the announcement of Exiled, not knowing what i was getting myself into i decided to hop along in hopes that this would restore my love for them, and it evidently has.
 
Kid Loki is a great characters, of which i know nothing about but i have been hearing about him from J.I.M, just never had the time to give him a try, Exiled is making me LOVE him (like it did, you). And YES, he looked so f*cking adorable in that costume it's not even funny, kinda laughed at Amara's reaction though, lol. He would be a nice addition to the team, I'm a little intrigued as to what he can truly pull off. Yes, much, MUCH better than AvX, and wanna know what the good thing about this is ? The whole damn thing is WEEKLY.
#6 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7264 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheGreyOutcastX said:

Journey Into Mystery #637 came out yesterday, and continued the Exiled story.

Not gonna lie, Exiled is really making the New Mutants look good. Cause this isn't like the Fear itself crap or directly tied to Dani's Valkryie powers. It's like reading a fantasy novel. Its the right amount of Journey into Mystery and New Mutants. Kieron Gillen.....you sir are amazing. DnA, if you make the New mutants as good as this post Exiled then I will give you two props.

Nor do i know that much of Cypher, i mean, i know what he can do but not so much for me to say that i know him as a character, that whole food is a language thing really impressed me, along with the whole i just thought what would Illyana say, thing. That was funny.
#7 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: I've been reading New Mutants since issue 25 cause of Nate's return. It's been mediocre at best (That's even if we look past the whole Fear Itself stuff.) So when this was announced, I was hopeful that this would be something that lit a fire under DnA to write these stories better. And like I said, either Gillen is just a master of his craft or DnA are truly helping come up with stuff. Loki is icing on the cake for this whole thing. He is just wonderfully handled.

That food being a language I can get. It falls under that "everything is a language, and I translate it all" thing Doug said awhile go. I'm liking the attention Doug is getting, and that Sunspot and Nate are not being trolled by others in the story. I like that Nate and Doug are the team's guys on reality warping. Reading the preview to New Mutants 42 was nice. Loki thinks Doug is Captain Smart@ss, and calls Nate Mr. Pecs. I'm happy this hasn't come down to Dani being a Valkyrie. Hell I'm glad Sunspot said those lines in Exiled 1 as it was a reflection of the fans thoughts about this whole concept before it was released.

On that note: New Mutants 42 preview from CBR.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=12390

#8 Edited by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

Covers for Issues 47 and Issue 48 have been released on Marvel.com.

#9 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7264 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

Covers for Issues 47 and Issue 48 have been released on Marvel.com.

YES ! I saw this yesterday or the day before and was extremely extatic. Finally, the clean up team are actually DOING some clean-up ! It actually has been a while since we last saw the original Hellions.

#10 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: The issue numbers put this as apart of the Fight the Future arc which means the Hellions are involved or play a future role in things. Either way, I'm good with it. Finally, X-villains who haven't been used in a while and are exciting to see return. Just hoping DnA is really gonna up their game, like up to their cosmic level stuff, to make this the little X-Book that surprises people. (Wishful thinking, but still.)

#11 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

My Comic Book Dealer offers this book real cheap so I'm going to get in it but a quick question.

How much exposure does Nate himself get in this book? Is he simply scene in the background or is he actually using his abilities to do productive things?

#12 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz said:

My Comic Book Dealer offers this book real cheap so I'm going to get in it but a quick question.

How much exposure does Nate himself get in this book? Is he simply scene in the background or is he actually using his abilities to do productive things?

You mean New Mutants in general or Exiled crossover?

#13 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@Kallarkz said:

My Comic Book Dealer offers this book real cheap so I'm going to get in it but a quick question.

How much exposure does Nate himself get in this book? Is he simply scene in the background or is he actually using his abilities to do productive things?

You mean New Mutants in general or Exiled crossover?

Both i suppose.

#14 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7264 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@AgeofHurricane: The issue numbers put this as apart of the Fight the Future arc which means the Hellions are involved or play a future role in things. Either way, I'm good with it. Finally, X-villains who haven't been used in a while and are exciting to see return. Just hoping DnA is really gonna up their game, like up to their cosmic level stuff, to make this the little X-Book that surprises people. (Wishful thinking, but still.)

You know, these Fear/Fight the Future arcs seems to be very promising, especially with The Defenders popping in for the initial stages.

#15 Edited by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@Kallarkz said:

My Comic Book Dealer offers this book real cheap so I'm going to get in it but a quick question.

How much exposure does Nate himself get in this book? Is he simply scene in the background or is he actually using his abilities to do productive things?

You mean New Mutants in general or Exiled crossover?

Both i suppose.

New Mutants from 25 til now, He's done both. He got a ton of focus in the beginning cause he was the new guy and wanted to re-establish him in the X-Community. But you also have to take in a count that Nate had his powers limited to fit in a team book so he has had to really focus to use his telekinesis. He's helped, but they could use to focus on adding some more characterization....more than just making him a love interest to Dani Moonstar. Hell, everyone but Dani needs more characterization.

As for Exiled, he's helping, but we are only 2 issues in and the world is still dealing with a spell Loki made for Sigurd the Everglorious. Issue 3 (New Mutants 42) is coming out Wednesday so we'll learn more. (edited the post. My bad lol.)

#16 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@AgeofHurricane: The issue numbers put this as apart of the Fight the Future arc which means the Hellions are involved or play a future role in things. Either way, I'm good with it. Finally, X-villains who haven't been used in a while and are exciting to see return. Just hoping DnA is really gonna up their game, like up to their cosmic level stuff, to make this the little X-Book that surprises people. (Wishful thinking, but still.)

You know, these Fear/Fight the Future arcs seems to be very promising, especially with The Defenders popping in for the initial stages.

Agreed. Interested to see how the team will interact with Strange, Surfer, and Iron Fist (the only Defenders I've seen in this based on some of the artwork shown).

#17 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7264 posts) - - Show Bio

So, i was just readin DnA's X-Position, and someone literally read my mind by asking a question about Joshua Foley: Isn't Dani Moonstar still his guardian ? And some sort of loose end in itself ?

Their answer: Thanks for the suggestion. If you look back into past continuity, you can unearth all sorts of interesting potential loose ends; it's why we found the concept so fascinating. In fact, the more you look, the more you find, so we do have to be slightly selective about which threads to pursue. You need to space them out or things become way too complicated and crowded.

Wow. -_-

#18 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

So, i was just readin DnA's X-Position, and someone literally read my mind by asking a question about Joshua Foley: Isn't Dani Moonstar still his guardian ? And some sort of loose end in itself ?

Their answer: Thanks for the suggestion. If you look back into past continuity, you can unearth all sorts of interesting potential loose ends; it's why we found the concept so fascinating. In fact, the more you look, the more you find, so we do have to be slightly selective about which threads to pursue. You need to space them out or things become way too complicated and crowded.

Wow. -_-

Yea, I wasn't happy with any of the choice of questions nor the answers DnA gave. They seemed like they were there to be there, and really didn't care. Now I want a new creative team even more. One with a better plan for all the characters than this.

Kinda wish that Nate question was different too (like when will they use his telepathy? Why haven't they done anything about the big Threnody loose end of his if everyone has some kind of loose end on the group? Why haven't you done anything about having Scott and Nate have father son time?), and more on telling us a plan to tie up loose ends and less questions on cosmic marvel or DnA's other work cause this is X-Position....you know it's about X-Men? -_-

Remember that optimism I had for the Hellions? It's fading fast.

#19 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7264 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

So, i was just readin DnA's X-Position, and someone literally read my mind by asking a question about Joshua Foley: Isn't Dani Moonstar still his guardian ? And some sort of loose end in itself ?

Their answer: Thanks for the suggestion. If you look back into past continuity, you can unearth all sorts of interesting potential loose ends; it's why we found the concept so fascinating. In fact, the more you look, the more you find, so we do have to be slightly selective about which threads to pursue. You need to space them out or things become way too complicated and crowded.

Wow. -_-

Yea, I wasn't happy with any of the choice of questions nor the answers DnA gave. They seemed like they were there to be there, and really didn't care. Now I want a new creative team even more. One with a better plan for all the characters than this.

Kinda wish that Nate question was different too (like when will they use his telepathy? Why haven't they done anything about the big Threnody loose end of his if everyone has some kind of loose end on the group? Why haven't you done anything about having Scott and Nate have father son time?), and more on telling us a plan to tie up loose ends and less questions on cosmic marvel or DnA's other work cause this is X-Position....you know it's about X-Men? -_-

Remember that optimism I had for the Hellions? It's fading fast.

I don't think i should be that suprised, though, unfortunately this is not the first time that DnA have given vague or down right insulting answers, i just thought this time around there'd be something more to expect. And yet again, i have fallen victim to mind-reading, the whole Nate/Scott relationship is another thing that has actually beem bothering me lately, i mean, it's as if Scott doesn't even have an X-Man (LOL, no pun intended) to call his son other than Cable, who is more or less his father. Another motive for my hopping on board NM with DnA's starting run (evidently a bad choice.) was to get a feel of Nate as a character, cause i know nothing about him but he seems like an interesting character, but now, he's like Adam X, a forgotten Summers, though, i did like the interaction him and Hope got earlier on, it had a an Uncle-Niece feel to it, but now that AvX is going on...shouldn't he have more of a say on the matter ?

Oh, and for what i was referring to earlier -

What would you say is the biggest challenge facing the New Mutants? Their focus feels a little scattered as of late…

IMHO, their focus was kinda scattered at that time, the X-Men had A LOT of loose ends, important ones at that, that the New Mutants could have tied up a couple of issues ago, but they weren't even hitting the mark, not even close, i mean, if they were doing so, it'd be a lot more noticable. Then, the dyanmic duo replies with this -

Does it? Really? Their remit seems very tight to us: closing up the unfinished business left behind by the X-Men, while finding their place in the real world as real people. Is that scattered?

Not sure I can agree with you there, Andre, they've been given a very clear remit by Cyclops and have even struck out on their own, moving out of Utopia and setting up home in San Francisco, we think this makes the New Mutant book have its own unique feel in the X-Men family of titles.

As grown men, i feel that they should come to terms with the fact that they're not exactly getting the teams missions statement across and try to get in on the fan's shoes, don't bash them off acting as if you know it all, because clearly, you both don't.

#20 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

So, i was just readin DnA's X-Position, and someone literally read my mind by asking a question about Joshua Foley: Isn't Dani Moonstar still his guardian ? And some sort of loose end in itself ?

Their answer: Thanks for the suggestion. If you look back into past continuity, you can unearth all sorts of interesting potential loose ends; it's why we found the concept so fascinating. In fact, the more you look, the more you find, so we do have to be slightly selective about which threads to pursue. You need to space them out or things become way too complicated and crowded.

Wow. -_-

Yea, I wasn't happy with any of the choice of questions nor the answers DnA gave. They seemed like they were there to be there, and really didn't care. Now I want a new creative team even more. One with a better plan for all the characters than this.

Kinda wish that Nate question was different too (like when will they use his telepathy? Why haven't they done anything about the big Threnody loose end of his if everyone has some kind of loose end on the group? Why haven't you done anything about having Scott and Nate have father son time?), and more on telling us a plan to tie up loose ends and less questions on cosmic marvel or DnA's other work cause this is X-Position....you know it's about X-Men? -_-

Remember that optimism I had for the Hellions? It's fading fast.

I don't think i should be that suprised, though, unfortunately this is not the first time that DnA have given vague or down right insulting answers, i just thought this time around there'd be something more to expect. And yet again, i have fallen victim to mind-reading, the whole Nate/Scott relationship is another thing that has actually beem bothering me lately, i mean, it's as if Scott doesn't even have an X-Man (LOL, no pun intended) to call his son other than Cable, who is more or less his father. Another motive for my hopping on board NM with DnA's starting run (evidently a bad choice.) was to get a feel of Nate as a character, cause i know nothing about him but he seems like an interesting character, but now, he's like Adam X, a forgotten Summers, though, i did like the interaction him and Hope got earlier on, it had a an Uncle-Niece feel to it, but now that AvX is going on...shouldn't he have more of a say on the matter ?

Oh, and for what i was referring to earlier -

What would you say is the biggest challenge facing the New Mutants? Their focus feels a little scattered as of late…

IMHO, their focus was kinda scattered at that time, the X-Men had A LOT of loose ends, important ones at that, that the New Mutants could have tied up a couple of issues ago, but they weren't even hitting the mark, not even close, i mean, if they were doing so, it'd be a lot more noticable. Then, the dyanmic duo replies with this -

Does it? Really? Their remit seems very tight to us: closing up the unfinished business left behind by the X-Men, while finding their place in the real world as real people. Is that scattered?

Not sure I can agree with you there, Andre, they've been given a very clear remit by Cyclops and have even struck out on their own, moving out of Utopia and setting up home in San Francisco, we think this makes the New Mutant book have its own unique feel in the X-Men family of titles.

As grown men, i feel that they should come to terms with the fact that they're not exactly getting the teams missions statement across and try to get in on the fan's shoes, don't bash them off acting as if you know it all, because clearly, you both don't.

I mean there wasn't a big attempt at a Father-Son relationship in the 90s either, but there was the situation to make them close. I mean Nate called Scott Father for the first time, Scott said more or less they were family, Cable had died (we know better now) not long ago. You'd think Scott would have wanted to have a relationship given all that he lost. I mean, they gave Scott more time with Rachel than Nate and Nate was there in person for god's sake. DnA and the X-staff dropped the ball big time. It's like they never knew what to do with him, and that upsets me as a fan cause I knew a few ways to make Nate better. I mean look at Rachel. She has her powers yet Nate was the only one of the Summers/Grey Children to suffer such reduction in power. Hell Cable is looking like he's getting his powers back.

As for Nate and Hope, I did like their interaction a great deal. I wish there was more of that or more than what we got. I mean there was a ton of potential there as Nate knows what it was like to be called a Messiah and the pressure of having the weight of the world on your shoulders as a result. They could have learned from one another, and explored a deeper friendship with each other. I mean Cable had Rachel (somewhat), Why couldn't Nate and Hope be similar? Plus think about it: Cable was the Soldier, Rachel was the one who relied on her mutant powers. Nate is like Rachel, and Hope is like Cable. It's reversed. As for AvX, Nate may not have voiced any opinion, but he did appear in AvX 4 fighting for the X-Men.

Based on that question you posted and their answer, it feels like they are way out of their depth. Like they don't get the characters, and it has really affected their writings of them.

#21 Posted by Solarflare32 (393 posts) - - Show Bio

Is empath in that hellion line up since it just looks like the necrosha lineup

#22 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@Solarflare32 said:

Is empath in that hellion line up since it just looks like the necrosha lineup

No, he is still in the X-Brig.

#23 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

New Mutants #42 is out so spoilers ahoy!

Recap
-Loki tells the tale of how he gave Sigurd the spell. Doug butts in to tell it like it is much to Loki's annoyance.
-Nate and Doug say that the spell cause reality to thin/weak. Roberto suggests calling the X-Men which Nate and Doug shoot him down reciting the damage done to reality.
-Dani suggest they stick to the original plan of getting Loki to undo the spell. Loki thinks Mr. Pecs (Nate) and Captain Smartass (Doug) are underestimating the power of Sigurd or rather his spell.
-Loki says he needs some ingredients: The Hammer of Thor, The spittle of Volstagg. a Lock of hair of Fandral, the blood of Hogun, The grave goods of Hela, the Oath of Tyr, and the sweat of Sif.
-The Team goes and collects the items as needed. Sigurd watched the New Mutants take a sandwich from Volstagg and wondered what they did.
- Dani and Loki took the hair and the blood when Hogun gave Fandral a haircut, Dan, Amara, and Bobby stole goods from Hela while Nate and Loki got the Oath from Tyr (More like a Swear as Nate put it.)
-Bobby and Amara got the sweat from Sif as Amara raised the temperature in the room. Bobby and Amara have some words.
-The Disir have a group session about their eating disorder aptly called the Disordered Eaters In Recovery or (DIS-I-R). The Blonde woman from before appears and tells the others that she can eat now and believes they can too. She drops a bag of food and they all rush and fight over it.
-Doug says the Reality is almost at the breaking point and they need to hurry. The team works to get the spell ready while the Asgardians still go about there business.
-Loki gets the spell ready and the New Mutants get inpatient. Loki casts the spell, and the Asgardian wonder what happened especially Sigurd.
-The Monsterous Spirits (or Disir....not 100% sure) and cause trouble causing the Asgardians to jump into action while not quite sure what's going on and Sigurd runs to the New Mutants.
-The New Mutants don't know if the Spell worked or not, Loki says that was fun and decides to leave to get supper, but Dani tries to figure out why nothing happened and once both Loki and Dani are outside they learn it worked, just not what they hoped for.
-They try to get Loki to cast the spell again only to learn that Loki was pretended to be Loki and hadn't remembered how he was. Doug remarks on how much that was a Loki thing to do.
-Sigurd appears to ask what they did. Dani preps the team to engage the spirits (or Disir) and the issues continues on in Journey into Mystery #638

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.