Follow

New Mutants

Team » New Mutants appears in 1671 issues.

The New Mutants are a team of young mutants in training at Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters.

New Mutants Appreciation Thread

PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#401  Edited By PYH000

What's the deal of Rahne Sinclair being in a refrigerator in the new X-force? She had a mental breakdown when she dicovered she ate her own father and the baby inside her (Hrimhari got her pregnant) is going to kill her. It's like as though she has her own portable refrigerator or something. I thought she supposed to have a better life after she got away from her biological father.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#402  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @244: It's weird, because she was already on the WiF list, but since joining X-Force her life has just got SO much worse!  And even though she's been declared as off X-Force, she's still not joining the other New Mutants :(
    PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#403  Edited By PYH000
    @xerox-kitty: Yeah, sad face for me, too. : (
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#404  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @244: Although, I'm impressed with myself.  I managed to resist all references to doggy-style & having puppies... Guess I didn't resist it after all ;p 

I wonder which writer will be responsible for the birth?  I really hope to God it's not Matt Fraction :(
    PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#405  Edited By PYH000
    @xerox-kitty: You know what would be a worst WiR moment for any of the female New Mutants? Imagine if Illyana could be pregnant with Belasco's child. That thought would really be disturbing and messed up.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#406  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @244: True, but thankfully (for us & her) he refused to accept this reincarnated Illyana as the real deal).
    PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#407  Edited By PYH000

If Doug Ramsey (Cypher) had never been killed off from New Mutants classic #60, he would've made a great advisor for David Alleyn (Prodigy) for the New X-men series. Those two can really relate to each other.

PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#408  Edited By PYH000

Mike Carey will be taking over the New Mutants ongoing series after Zeb Wells. Here's the info from the February's 2011 Marve solicits:

NEW MUTANTS #22
    Written by MIKE CAREY
    Penciled by STEVE KURTH
    Cover by LEINIL YU
    “AGE OF X” PART TWO!
    The last surviving mutants have banded together, spending each day securing the walls of their stronghold, beating back those who would see them wiped out. But when a conspiracy is discovered within the fortress itself, could it be that mutantkind’s last bastion will crumble from the inside out?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99 

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#409  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @244 said:
    "Mike Carey will be taking over the New Mutants ongoing series after Zeb Wells. "
    It's the first story after Wells leaves.  I don't know if Mike Carey is on NM permanently, but at least for the duration of Age of X.  I've been so disappointed with this first couple of years, so hopefully this will usher in a new age like the House of M did for the New X-Men. 

Re: Cypher & Prodigy.  That would be an awesome (and dangerous) team-up!
    PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#410  Edited By PYH000

@xerox-kitty said:

"@244 said:
    "Mike Carey will be taking over the New Mutants ongoing series after Zeb Wells. "
    It's the first story after Wells leaves.  I don't know if Mike Carey is on NM permanently, but at least for the duration of Age of X.  I've been so disappointed with this first couple of years, so hopefully this will usher in a new age like the House of M did for the New X-Men.  Re: Cypher & Prodigy.  That would be an awesome (and dangerous) team-up! "

Yeah, that was my feeling as well if Carey's going to be a temporary writer for the New Mutants just for the Age of X but I'm crossing my fingers he becomes permanent. 

Despite the quality of Zeb Wells' New Mutants, I have to say I was impressed on how he portrayed Magik which was a greate step-up than how Claremont had portrayed her in the past. Seriously, no more Jubilee-esque Magik please.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @244 said:
    "Seriously, no more Jubilee-esque Magik please. "
    Heh heh!!  Yeah, I do love seeing her dark side... I wonder if she'll get any parts of her soul back...
    PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412  Edited By PYH000
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " @244 said:
    "Seriously, no more Jubilee-esque Magik please. "
    Heh heh!!  Yeah, I do love seeing her dark side... I wonder if she'll get any parts of her soul back... "
    Yeah. The current Magik from the main continuity was more darker and sinister than the 80's one and it was very appropriate with the overall dark side concept.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @244: True, although it was nice to see the 80's version (who still had the majority of her soul) try to cling on to her human side.  But it is more interessting to see a soul-less girl struggle with the illusion that she's still human.
    bleedingheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#414  Edited By bleedingheart
    @xerox-kitty:  And now she has her soul, but she's still empty...kinda sucks. I think that makes Illyana a sociopath.
    PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#415  Edited By PYH000
    @bleedingheart said:
    " @xerox-kitty:  And now she has her soul, but she's still empty...kinda sucks. I think that makes Illyana a sociopath. "
    Eh, I see her demonic side more of a sociopath. Her human side ("real" her) can be considered as an opposite because from time to time, she had shown to be compassionate and sincere.
    bleedingheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#416  Edited By bleedingheart
    @244 said:
    " @bleedingheart said:
    " @xerox-kitty:  And now she has her soul, but she's still empty...kinda sucks. I think that makes Illyana a sociopath. "
    Eh, I see her demonic side more of a sociopath. Her human side ("real" her) can be considered as an opposite because from time to time, she had shown to be compassionate and sincere. "
    So she is still part demon then?
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @bleedingheart: She got the Bloodstones back, but that was only 60% of her soul from before.  So she has more of her soul than she did in the 80's... but she's not 100% human again.
    PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#418  Edited By PYH000
    @xerox-kitty: No no. You're forgetting the soulsword. She was partially restored from X-infernus the moment she reclaimed her soulsword. Even C. B. Cebulski had confirmed it from x-position relating to the after-math of X-Infernus #4. I believe the whole time had to do with Illyana's self-image as a demon from New Mutants. From the last pages of the last New Mutants issue, it could very well be regret for putting her team mates in danger just to destroy the Elder gods for revenge and she may have been mentally damaged (maybe magically so as well) so she may have been emotionally numb.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @244: Oh, I'm not interpreting the end of the last issue, but I hadn't counted the Soulsword.  I was looking at it from a mathematics point of view.  If her soul was divided up into portions (probably not equally, but it's easier to think about it that way).  So if we count the Soulsword as one of those portions (which I didn't do before), and the slots in the amulet then her soul was broken into 6 parts.   

Resurrected Magik had no soul.  She regained her Soulsword & therefore gained 1/6 of her soul.  Belasco had previously stolen parts of her soul to create Bloodstones.  There were three Bloodstones, so that's 3/6 (or 1/2 as my old maths teacher would no doubt tell me ;) 

So, with 4/6 of her soul back, Illyana is still lacking 2/6 of her soul... so there's still 33.333333...% chance for her to be a Darkchilde again, although not as drastic as before ;)
    PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#420  Edited By PYH000
    @xerox-kitty: I believe the soulsword represents 2/5's of Illyana's soul and Belasco had failed to create the last two bloodstones. One correction, there's only five slots on the Beatrice medallion, not six.
    golvellius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421  Edited By golvellius
    @xerox-kitty:
    Correct me if I am wrong (wich I probably am)  isn't the current Magik a magical Duplicate created by Belasco "souless".  So even If she got the soul from the Illeana who was dead, Is she a real person or just a magical/demonic construct with a borrowed soul?!  Is it really "her" soul?  So is this the Darkchylde attempting to be human with a borrowed soul??  Or is it actually Illyana Rasputin alive again.  That last picture of New Mutants 21, where she has this creepy face whille hugging Piotr makes me thinks this is the Darkchylde trying to grow a Soul, so she should be able to transit between her three forms; human/mutant, half demon, and totally demonic as in Inferno.
    golvellius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#422  Edited By golvellius

I liked Zebb Wells work, :( its sad to see him leave.  I want Gosamyr back (at least a guest appeareance), and Boom Boom.  I know he was more from the X-force time but I'd really like to See Adam Pollina's art

PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423  Edited By PYH000
    @golvellius said:
    " @xerox-kitty: Correct me if I am wrong (wich I probably am)  isn't the current Magik a magical Duplicate created by Belasco "souless".  So even If she got the soul from the Illeana who was dead, Is she a real person or just a magical/demonic construct with a borrowed soul?!  Is it really "her" soul?  So is this the Darkchylde attempting to be human with a borrowed soul??  Or is it actually Illyana Rasputin alive again.  That last picture of New Mutants 21, where she has this creepy face whille hugging Piotr makes me thinks this is the Darkchylde trying to grow a Soul, so she should be able to transit between her three forms; human/mutant, half demon, and totally demonic as in Inferno. "
    From Zeb Wells' early New Mutants interview, he said that Magik was going to be a girl of two worlds until her story becomes concluded so I doubt we'll ever see the demon part of her again. The way Illyana and Karma staring at each other, it could be to show that she and karma share a tragic back story, Illyana still wasn't able to be happy even when she got her soul back, or has become overridden with guilt for putting her team mates in danger just to get her revenge against the Elder Gods. It can be mentally damaging for those who had experience childhood trauma but what's good about Illyana is she survived from it.

From Quest for Magik, it was made explicit that Magik came back as the Darkchilde because her soul was missing so she was more like an empty husk before X-infernus. She was resurrected from all of the memories Belasco could find of her.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#424  Edited By SC  Moderator

So... why aren't we all discussing the new creative team? 0_o 

Is there a thread out there for it?  I just can't find? Someone link me up please?

I like DNA on Cosmic, but not Thor, or not much else... so I am sort of iffy. As long as they improve on Zeb. 

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425  Edited By xerox_kitty

Nope... no-one's discussed it so far.  You could always make a thread for it ;)  What I wouldn't give for someone like Kyle & Yost to work on the title.  Or Gage & Slott :)

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#426  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " Nope... no-one's discussed it so far.  You could always make a thread for it ;)  What I wouldn't give for someone like Kyle & Yost to work on the title.  Or Gage & Slott :) "

i am a bit new thread making shy?  lol  

I will if no one else does though? Its got some lovely artwork. You are familiar with Dan Abbot and Andy Lannings work? I need to look up the artist Leandro Fernández. I am not familiar. 
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#427  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @SC: Ah, I've not heard of him either...
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#428  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " @SC: Ah, I've not heard of him either... "

This looks to be his biggest gig yet I think. Other work is like Punisher and a few other type projects. Could be okay though. Hungry artist and all that and I am sure he will match his art to the theme of the book, to New Mutants characters. I am a bit nervous with this team, i know you weren't a fan, but I was pretty happy with Zeb Wells.  

Still, can't wait to hear more details, see what DNA and Fernández. have planned. ^_^
    Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#429  Edited By Edgeworth_11

I love New Mutants as much as anybody. Just a few things I hope for is for Sam to finally be the leader without anyone's doubt. The leader we all know he is. I saw similarities with him and Cyclops in Return of Legion arc, with Prof X and Scott when he was unsure if he can lead. I like that a lot! But they need to make him be the undisputed leader.

Also, more Sam/Bobby. As someone else mentioned, they are as close friends as anyone in any X-team. Love to see some bromance! lol

More Cypher as well. I would also like to see New Mutants in other X-titles more often. Does anyone like Face? lol

Oh and some Amara and Bobby hot love making would be nice ;)

po!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#430  Edited By po!
    For those who love this team as much as I do Ive created a Facebook fan page you are all welcome to join! 
    Cheers 
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-New-Mutants/157874194283447
    difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#431  Edited By difficlus

bump liked the x man variant cover

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.