New Mutants Appreciation Thread

#1 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

For all things New Mutants.  Characters.  Stories.  Artists.  Writers.  Pictures.  Quotes.  As long as you love it, post it here...!!

#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91233 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you for making this.The New Mutants deserve some respect.

#3 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

One of My Favorite teams ever. Everyone was interesting.. including Cypher.

#4 Posted by Legendary Hero (67 posts) - - Show Bio

who?

#5 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro said:

"Thank you for making this.The New Mutants deserve some respect."

Pix inspired me when he mentioned the new series.

pixelized said:

"One of My Favorite teams ever. Everyone was interesting.. including Cypher."

It was cute (and a little weird) when he & Psylocke were attracted to each other.

#6 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

For someone who was reluctant to the idea of being a mutant, he sure did fancy a few.

#7 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Where's Karma??? She was there before Cypher, Warlock, and Magma!

#8 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I love the New Muties, they didn't know the meaing of ohana... Karma was always left behind, or forgotten. 
#9 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

New Mutants rock. They're like the original version of Generation X, who also rule.

#10 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

LOLOL! How sad. Hopefully, with this upcoming title relaunch, she will be given some defined characterization, and will be featured much more prominently in Uncanny.

#11 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems, the upcoming title relaunch of New Mutants is the events post Infernus, which means... Moonstar will still be depowered. ]=

#12 Edited by Psi-Fire (982 posts) - - Show Bio

New Mutants was cool. Cannonball and Sunspot have one of the strongest friendships in x-books, right behind the various friendships of the original five and Kitty and Rachel.

#13 Posted by Vance Astro (91233 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Where's Karma??? She was there before Cypher, Warlock, and Magma!

"
Nobody likes her.
#14 Posted by Psi-Fire (982 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll pick up the new book when it comes out, but if they don't do the characters any justice, I'm done. Who's the team gonna consist of? Cannonball? Sunspot? Magma? Karma? Magick? Skids? Meltdown? Warlock? Are any of the old Hellions going to show up? What about Rahne? I still want to see how Magick handles what happend to Kitty. This new book better be good. Make Mine Marvel!! lol   

#15 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe in the interview that the team would consist of the original members plus Illayana, and then various people would pop in as time went on.

#16 Posted by Psi-Fire (982 posts) - - Show Bio

So, Rahne is leaving X-Force?

#17 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

She may just do double duty like everyone else.

#18 Posted by Psi-Fire (982 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see that working to well for her. Dacosta is snoop. so is Karma. lol

#19 Edited by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Hrimhari has returned to her, so she may leave after all.

#20 Posted by Psi-Fire (982 posts) - - Show Bio

Now, all that needs to be done is Dani gets Brightwind back and it's offical. lol

#21 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Having just read the latest X-Force, I'm having an extended lunch break to honour my girl.  She will always be my favourite...

X-Force #48

X-Force #40

New Mutants Annual #5

#22 Posted by 244 (496 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the New X-men characters under Kyle and Yost. They were the spiritual successor to the New Mutants and bought a lot of fun.

#23 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle and Yost don't exist.

#24 Posted by Vance Astro (91233 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Kyle and Yost don't exist.
LOL.
#25 Posted by 244 (496 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Kyle and Yost don't exist.
"
Why would you say that?
#26 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Those Imaginary creatures killed Boom Boom

#27 Posted by Erik (32793 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"She may just do double duty like everyone else.
"
Or in the case of Wolverine, (8x8)squared duty. 
#28 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

huh?

#29 Posted by Erik (32793 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoosh!

#30 Posted by 244 (496 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Those Imaginary creatures killed Boom Boom
"
Well to each their own opinion then.
#31 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
erik said:
"Whoosh!"
completely.

#32 Posted by Erik (32793 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok. I made a joke about how Wolverine does more than double duty.... Because he is seemingly everywhere..... Bu dum ching!

#33 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't get how that relates to Kyle and Yost

#34 Posted by Erik (32793 posts) - - Show Bio
Psi-Fire said:
"So, Rahne is leaving X-Force?"

pixelized said:
"She may just do double duty like everyone else.
"
It has nothing to do with them... The joke had to do with these two posts. Obviously it was a very poorly constructed and executed joke if I am still explaining it... :(
#35 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

yeahhh, not so funny.

#36 Posted by Erik (32793 posts) - - Show Bio

I see that now. It seemed funny in my head.

#37 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

**Giggles**

#38 Posted by 244 (496 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"i don't get how that relates to Kyle and Yost
"
Well I was just expressing my opinion that I liked Kyle and Yost's run on New X-men. This is the New Mutants thread so the New X-men characters take after them in my opinion. I'm not gonna hold it against you if you don't like Kyle and Yost's work
#39 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
244 said:
"pixelized said:
"
Well I was just expressing my opinion that I liked Kyle and Yost's run on New X-men. This is the New Mutants thread so the New X-men characters take after them in my opinion. I'm not gonna hold it against you if you don't like Kyle and Yost's work
"
That wasn't directed at you.
#40 Posted by 244 (496 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"244 said:
"pixelized said:
"
"
That wasn't directed at you.
"
My bad.
#41 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Kyle & Yost were responsible for the New X-Men slaughter as well.  Maybe it's their payback: Hey, you made our X-23 into an under-age prostitute...? Now we're gonna kill off all your New X-Men/Mutants. Bwahahahahahaaa!

That's when a little red dot appears on their foreheads and I pull the trigger ;)

#42 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll testify for your innocence.

#43 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Bwahahahaaa...!  I'll plead guilty, and make the judge read all the New Mutants, X-Terminators, Fallen Angels, X-Factor and X-Force... than they'll lock me away in a padded cell reading comics until they determine I'm fit to return to society.  Then I'll find Claremont & tell him "That's for Karma!!" ;)

#44 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

But seriously, why are the New Mutants cannon fodder?

Birdbrain - Appeared for about 3 issues & lived in self-imposed exile on the Ani-Mators island.  Last seen, being scared of moody double-agent Moonstar during her MLF days.
Boom-Boom - Beatn by her father.  Ran away from home.  Homeless & stole money for a living.  Pretty much ignored for the first 40 issues of X-Force.  Meltdown.  Childhood retconned from petty thief into prostitution... and now THIS!
Cannonball - Killed.  Immortal.  Family members killed.  Where is he at the moment?
Cypher - Weak powered.  Shot saving his girlfriend.
Gosamyr - Appeared for about 3 issues & was sent in to space (admittedly, that was for the best)
Karma - Founding member & forgotten after about 5 issues.  TWICE!  Made obese then skinny after about 2 or 3 issues.  Then just forgotten & transformed into different lesbian stereo-types.
Magik - Lost her soul.  De-aged. Died of the Legacy Virus. Resurrected without a soul.
Magma - Left for the Hellions.  Discovered that her whole life as an Amazon-Roman was a lie.  Lay in a coma for God knows how long & ran away when she woke up.
Mirage - Powers mucked about with.  Left in Asgard.  Warped.  Cosmic powers.  Powered down to original powers so she couldn't even beat Blob.  Depowered & kicked out of the school.
Rictor - Kidnapped & tortured as a child.  Joined & left X-Force according to the whoever the newest writer was.  De-powered.
Rusty - Always on the run from the Naval police.  Kidnapped by MLF & brain-washed.  Killed by Holocaust.
Skids - Beaten by her father.  Watched her mother die.  Kidnapped by the MLF & brain-washed.  Watched her only love be killed by Holocaust.  Had her mutant identity revealed purely because she let X-Force crash at her student digs... then dumped somewhere like Antartica.
Sunspot - Powers mucked about with.  Tortured.  Cloned.  Telepathically controlled by his clone (seriously BAD writing there).  Where is he now?
Warlock - Kidnapped & killed on Genosha.  Resurrected as Douglock.  Returned to being Warlock, but decided to stay in space & help other alien races infected with the techno virus (in other words 'dumped in space & forgotten about)
Wolfsbane - Abused as a child.  Her childhood boyfriend died saving her life.  Turned into a Genoshan Mutate & bonded to Havok.  Stuck in transitional form.  Lost her powers.  Separated from her best friend.  Ate her own father. 

#45 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

These are my new Mutants!

#46 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
xerox-kitty said:

Boom-Boom - Beatn by her father.  Ran away from home.  Homeless & stole money for a living.  Pretty much ignored for the first 40 issues of X-Force.  Meltdown.  
That is so true, it wasn't until that issue where she went to help the young prostitute that anyone really learned sh existed... Isue 43 i think? sad that it took that long for her to get a major storyline.
#47 Posted by Psi-Fire (982 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish They didn't bring back the demon Bear again. Three times is enough. Or is it four?

#48 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Demon Bear seemed like a Moonstar exclusive enemy, and yet, Warpath was squaring off with him... and i still don't understand why

#49 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"xerox-kitty said:

Boom-Boom - Beatn by her father.  Ran away from home.  Homeless & stole money for a living.  Pretty much ignored for the first 40 issues of X-Force.  Meltdown.  
That is so true, it wasn't until that issue where she went to help the young prostitute that anyone really learned sh existed... Isue 43 i think? sad that it took that long for her to get a major storyline."
Yep.  Tony Daniel drew her constantly clinging on to Cannonball, like those Yoda backpacks you used to get :p  Then after the Age of Apocalypse they brought in the Sabretooth theme which ended in Meltdown :(

Psi-Fire said:
"I wish They didn't bring back the demon Bear again. Three times is enough. Or is it four?"
Was it really that many?? :o

I kinda get where the Demon Bear came in, being the spiritual upheaval of Warpath's exhumed tribe.  However, Demon Bear was something that was tidied in to Dani's family.  On top of that, why would a Cheyenne spiritual creature have anything to do with an Apache tribe?? 
#50 Posted by Psi-Fire (982 posts) - - Show Bio

They don't care that Moonstar and Warpath are from different tribes. They're both Native American. Everything is fair game.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.