Follow

New Mutants

Team » New Mutants appears in 1671 issues.

The New Mutants are a team of young mutants in training at Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters.

New Mutants #1, Can They Still Be Called "New"?

• 60 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Where are all the New Mutants fans? How does everyone feel about the characters going back to their roots?

How do feel about the return of the character on the last page?  Do you think the character will be contained to this series or will other X-teams have to deal with the possible dangers.  Things were pretty messed up last time.  And does anyone think there's just too much yellow in their costumes?
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By danhimself

I liked it and I want to see where it goes....I liked their costumes it's nice to see a team with some cohesiveness to their costumes not just whatever they want to wear....i won't spoil it since G-Man didn't but has the returning character been seen since the end of AoA?

shankarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By shankarma

i always loved the new mutants but who is the char on the last page

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By pixelized

I loved New Mutants [vol. 1] so much, i watched this entire Video! 3.5 G-Man??? I gave it a 4 or a 5 i think. All the character flaws and what not, at first glance seems like something we've seen before, [Xian being possessed/trapped by an evil villain] i really really enjoyed it.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gmanfromheck
    pixelized said:
    "I loved New Mutants so much, i watched this entire Video! 3.5 G-Man??? I gave it a 4 or a 5 i think. All the character flows and what, at first glance seems like something we've seen before, [Xian being possessed/trapped by an evil villain] i really really enjoyed it."
    I can't explain it (guess I didn't in the video).  There's always just been something about them that's turned me off.  I am glad this series is out.  I like them better together than spread out on other teams.  Maybe it's just because it was the first issue and everything had to get set up.  Maybe I was just expecting more?  I'm really hoping that the next issue will get more excited.
    the Vica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By the Vica
    Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
    "Loved this too, the character on the last page is  Legion"
    Personally I don't particularly care that you spoiled it.

But was that really necessary?
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pixelized
    G-Man said:
    "pixelized said:
    "I loved New Mutants so much, i watched this entire Video! 3.5 G-Man??? I gave it a 4 or a 5 i think. All the character flows and what, at first glance seems like something we've seen before, [Xian being possessed/trapped by an evil villain] i really really enjoyed it."
    I can't explain it (guess I didn't in the video).  There's always just been something about them that's turned me off.  I am glad this series is out.  I like them better together than spread out on other teams.  Maybe it's just because it was the first issue and everything had to get set up.  Maybe I was just expecting more?  I'm really hoping that the next issue will get more excited."
    I hope you grow to like it... New Mutants were always one of my favorite X-Teams. I didn't like how Douchey Cannonball came across with Anole, Pixie, and Rockslide, nor how Girl hungry Roberto was while they were on a mission, nor how after everything Magma has been through with Empath, she now has feelings for him... oh and also how Cannonball had to ask permission to put a team together to find Dani & Xi'an, but all in all, it was a page turner. Guess i was just glad i wasn't completely let down by it.
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AngelFrost

Thanks to whoever spoilt it
    I was just about to ask

xD

the Vica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By the Vica

LOL

I thought people would be annoyed by the Spoilers... But instead everyone seems glad to have them, lol
    SuperCoonce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By SuperCoonce
    @the Vica: spoilers are the best! don't act like you don't like them too :p
    the Vica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By the Vica
    SuperCoonce said:
    "@the Vica: spoilers are the best! don't act like you don't like them too :p"
    I hate them!

But when I see the words 'SPOILERS' in big bold letters... I just can't help but look!
    Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By Namor1987

I love how all the customs were primarily the same but the members "tweaked" their costumes to their liking plus this 1st issue was kick ass

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I enjoyed this issue, much to my surprise. The dialog was really good and the story so far is pretty interesting. Magik's brief stand off with some of the Young Mutants was badass, she's badass for that matter. As for the ending I wasn't expecting to see Legion. But is that really him? Or someone trapped in his body.............

ArtJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#14  Edited By ArtJoker

i kinda want to see Vulcan vs. Legion

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#15  Edited By The_Martian

I enjoyed it. Not my favorite team, but it should be interesting. I hate the green kid though. I think he has annoyed me in everything I see him in.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pixelized

Anole. But you understand why he's upset with Illyana right?

mattydeNero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mattydeNero

There's a possiblity that there's more to the title "NEW MUTANTS" than we think this go around.  XI'AN is trying to talk to this young girl to whom we've never seen before.  Could you consider this little girl a "new mutant"?  And as far as the character returning on the last page, he's a heavy-hitter that was taken out of continuity I think because he was too powerful.  What kind damage is he going to do now?  I want to see the Siege Perilous return, feel me?  I want this team to be Scott's recruiters.  Scott has a lot on his plate and this can be his team to explore new mutant activity through out the world.

I thought this issue was a very good way to reintro the original team. Now, we've seen Dani Moonstar on the cover of an upcoming issue.  What about Cypher and Warlock?  They made the Kubert cover with the new outfits, will they be involved?  I would almost think they'd have to be reconned/brought back to life somehow.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By gmanfromheck

I don't know if it's obvious or meant to be, but I thought the girl had something to do with the dude on the last page.  (Yes, I'm still tip-toeing around the spoiler even though it's been spoiled).  If you know about that character then you can see how he could be tied to that girl.  I have to admit that while it's cool seeing his return, I just never ever liked his hair.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_Martian
    pixelized said:
    "Anole. But you understand why he's upset with Illyana right?"
    Yup I read Quest of Magik. He is just a whiney punk, get over it. I don't even think anybody died.
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Don't mess with the Cannonball. period  Legion is back with his funky hair

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By pixelized
    Nobody said:
    "pixelized said:
    Yup I read Quest of Magik. He is just a whiney punk, get over it. I don't even think anybody died."
    She literally dragged them through hell...
    mattydeNero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mattydeNero

I think maybe you're right, G-Man.  I just wonder if "Mr. Spoiler" is going to be working alone?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_Martian
    pixelized said:
    "Nobody said:
    "pixelized said:
    Yup I read Quest of Magik. He is just a whiney punk, get over it. I don't even think anybody died."
    She literally dragged them through hell... "
    He really needs to get over. Seriously being a hero, if Quest for Magik was the worse he goes through, he is pretty lucky.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By pixelized
    Nobody said:
    "pixelized said:
    "Nobody said:
    "pixelized said:
    She literally dragged them through hell... "
    He really needs to get over. Seriously being a hero, if Quest for Magik was the worse he goes through, he is pretty lucky."
    this was also after 20 something of his friends were blown up, wolverine killed the person he admired most [Northstar], and then he went and lost his arm because of Illyana... What do you expect from a 16 year old?

At the time, they were just kids going to school with,  not heroes.
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Media_Master

This just confirms to stick with Uncanny

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#26  Edited By xerox_kitty

The title of this made me think of Nobody's The NEW Blog.  Yeah, they're not "New" anymore, but what else are you going to call them?  "The Mutants" could be anybody, while X-Force is now taken...

I'm not crazy about the return to yellow & black outfits.  They're all grown up, and what do they do... start wearing something based on their old school uniforms??  And Pix has already said what I feel about Amara & Manny, and Cannonball's new douchebag attitude towards his brother's team-mates. 

I think 3.5 is more than I would have given it.  It show some promise, but so far it's lacking.  Bad characterisation, and terrible designs left me feeling a little disappointed. 

Still... the cliffhanger ending does leave me wanting more!  I guess when the plot starts to unravel it'll be more interesting.  And I'm pleased I've finally got my hands on the Benjamin variant. 

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By pixelized

Oh Kitty, this is the post i was waiting for. You wouldn't have given it a 3.5??? You Didn't enjoy reading it?????

I feel like a bad New Mutants fan for enjoying it as much as i did.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By xerox_kitty

Oh don't feel bad!  I think I hyped myself up too much, that it couldn't possibly live up to the standards of the first series.  Although saying that, the last 2 mini series were bad bad bad, so I don't know why I was expecting a return to the old days.  So that's my own fault really.

But the plot dragged on.  And I really hated most of the characterisation... ESPECIALLY Cannonball... After being an arsehole to the New/Young X-Men he then goes snivelling to Cyclops to beg permission to put a team together.  Who is this slimey toad that belittles those younger than him but brown-noses to Cyclops as if he owns his ass?  Since when did Cyclops become their boss? 

And since when did the New Mutants need a plane and a car?  They have a teleporter!!  They used to jump around the world in an afternoon because Warlock & the Impossible Man would get into a friendly fight.  Now they need regular transport?  And image inducers??  What's wrong with a good old fashioned change of clothes?  I dunno.  I think I've got a screw loose somewhere.  After all, I can suspend my disbelief that a solar powered man can lift a car, or a half-demon girl can teleport to Limbo... but I don't see the logic in them needing a plane, or image inducers :p

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By pixelized

LOL!!!! I think for me, it just delivered a good story with vaguely familiar characters... like catching up with old friends after years of being apart, they've changed, but somewhere in there is the person you were BFF with.

Maybe issue 2 will be more to your liking as the first had to reintroduce everyone and setup future storylines.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By xerox_kitty
    pixelized said:
    "LOL!!!! I think for me, it just delivered a good story with vaguely familiar characters... like catching up with old friends after years of being apart, they've changed, but somewhere in there is the person you were BFF with. Maybe issue 2 will be more to your liking as the first had to reintroduce everyone and setup future storylines."
    That's a good way of looking at it.  Although I could have done without  that silly 'we look like grown-ups' line.  They've been grown up for the best part of 2 decades now. 

And I am looking forward to seeing how this first story pans out.  Legion was introduced as a New Mutants villain, so it seems fitting that his return should coincide with their return.  Although... I hope they make a decent explanation how he has come back to life!!
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By pixelized

Isn't Sharon Friedlander his mother??? Where is she, she has some explaining to do. And how are they going to subdue him this time without Xavier and Dani being powerless?? Karma? obviously she failed.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By xerox_kitty

Karma failed big time, but she's not really tried much in the way of telepathic contact.  It's good to see her extending her powers... although I suspect that the little girl might be one of David's new personalities.  Since Meggan put Cyndi & the others to rest, maybe he's developed new ones??  If he has new multiple personalities, then maybe he has new powers too?

Um... I think his mother is Gabrielle Haller.  Although I haven't seen or heard anything about her (or Sharon) for donkeys years.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By pixelized

Hm, but isn't the girl Karma's with the same one that Illyana Went crazy [crazier] over after seeing that "Missing Child" poster??? Is it all an illusion??? The Demons bursting through the door could be Amara and Illyana... excuse me, 'Yana"

That's the one! too many P List characters to keep up with. What were Sharon and Tom Corsi to Legion, because i swear i can recall some interaction from them with the kid.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By xerox_kitty

I got the impression that Karma was talking to the girl in some sort of psychic environment.  And she said that they always come for new people... so she's seen the monsters before.  Unless the monsters always represent people in the real world who are chasing her?  I was thinking that the original Legion was filled with a legion of demons, so maybe this is a new personality who is suppressed by the psychological demons of David's other personalities/traumatised past?  There's a lot for the writers to play with... I hope it all makes sense when the mystery is revealed :)

Too right about the P-Listers.  Still, I miss them.  I remember that Sharon & Tom were somehow transformed or hurt by the Demon Bear, and I remember them working at the School as non-mutant staff.  They were hideously under-used.  Maybe they were there when Legion first appeared or tortured by him?  I really should go back & re-read those old issues.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By pixelized

Oooh i always want to know stuff in advanced, but with things like this, there are so many variables that you can't even account for because you can't even consider it a possibilty. But who knows, hopefully it'll be wonderful! But the way Illyana was breaking through the fireplace/wall/whatever that was and the demons were bursting down the door... idk.. we'll see! [=

I remember Tom trained Generation X for a while [60 issues after the team formed] and Sharon.. i want to say she was his [David's] babysitter... maybe it was Gabrielle the entire time though.. I don't recall... but some mentioning of them would be nice here and there.

fan di fumetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By fan di fumetti

the returning character is Legion

Avatar image for greenlantern_2418_1
    greenlantern_2418.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

didnt this series of comicsa come out in like the 80's

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By xerox_kitty
    pixelized said:
    "Oooh i always want to know stuff in advanced, but with things like this, there are so many variables that you can't even account for because you can't even consider it a possibilty. But who knows, hopefully it'll be wonderful! But the way Illyana was breaking through the fireplace/wall/whatever that was and the demons were bursting down the door... idk.. we'll see! [=I remember Tom trained Generation X for a while [60 issues after the team formed] and Sharon.. i want to say she was his [David's] babysitter... maybe it was Gabrielle the entire time though.. I don't recall... but some mentioning of them would be nice here and there."
    LOL... I'm not major obsessive about spoilers.  I just prefer to avoid them, because it's more fun to be surprised along the way :)  That's pretty much why I don't like stories that are predictable.

I'd forgotten about Tom's appearance in Gen X.  It's a shame that Sharon's page has got noting in it to fill us in a bit more.

greenlantern_2418.1 said:
    "didnt this series of comicsa come out in like the 80's"

New Mutants
    New Mutants: Truth or Death
    New Mutants (the lead in to New X-Men: Academy X)
    The new new new New Mutants
    dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#39  Edited By dane

I think this series is pretty interesting. It's one of the few X-Men related books that have piqued my interest as of late.

Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Watch Dog

The costumes suck what are they trainees or some thing

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By pixelized
    xerox-kitty said:
    "pixelized said:
    "Oooh i always want to know stuff in advanced, but with things like this, there are so many variables that you can't even account for because you can't even consider it a possibilty. But who knows, hopefully it'll be wonderful! But the way Illyana was breaking through the fireplace/wall/whatever that was and the demons were bursting down the door... idk.. we'll see! [=I remember Tom trained Generation X for a while [60 issues after the team formed] and Sharon.. i want to say she was his [David's] babysitter... maybe it was Gabrielle the entire time though.. I don't recall... but some mentioning of them would be nice here and there."
    LOL... I'm not major obsessive about spoilers.  I just prefer to avoid them, because it's more fun to be surprised along the way :)  That's pretty much why I don't like stories that are predictable.

I'd forgotten about Tom's appearance in Gen X.  It's a shame that Sharon's page has got noting in it to fill us in a bit more.

Really??? OMG, i just hate being left in the dark and enjoy a nice little leg up on everyone else.

You know... you could change that if you want [=
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By xerox_kitty
    pixelized said:
    "xerox-kitty said:
    "I'd forgotten about Tom's appearance in Gen X.  It's a shame that Sharon's page has got noting in it to fill us in a bit more.

Really??? OMG, i just hate being left in the dark and enjoy a nice little leg up on everyone else.You know... you could change that if you want [="
    I like to enjoy the ride & being made to jump when something unexpected happens ;)

As for Sharon & Tom... I'll see what I can do.  After some sleep, work, and a lot of reading!  Hell, I'll even go to town on the likes of Gosamyr & Bird Brain ;p
    PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By PYH000
    I hope New Mutants: Truth or Death never and I mean NEVER gets mentioned in any of the future comics because it had convoluted on some things and made it difficult to follow. I haven't read any of the Excalibur comics but I don't think Douglock and Rahne meet up with the former New Mutants during that run. Another thing is why didn't Illyana felt the symptoms of the Legacy virus when her dark side been exorcised in one of the NM classic issues and when she was in Russia before her perants' were murdered? I haven't read NM:Truth or Death except the summaries and when I read it, some of the things dpesn't seem right (correct me if I'm wrong but that's how I feel).
    Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#44  Edited By Darkchild

This was an awesome issue, I really enjoyed going back to the old days with this. Been STOKED when I first got wind of this from a comment PIX made few months ago. Really cant say how much i am  waiting for the next issue but i really will be reading this, especially with the end it was WOAH!

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By pixelized

[=

You're Welcome

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Darkchild

LMAO

Im just waiting on Warlock, he was my personal fav back in the old issues. Just wacky, crazy, and caring hell i remember the issue Cypher died. Jesus i feel old lmao

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By pixelized

Warlock? really? Maybe it was the way he was introduced [starting off as a misunderstood enemy] but i never grew to like him.

you are old, those issues were out before i was planned.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By xerox_kitty
    Darkchild said:
    "Jesus i feel old lmao"
    Ha ha!! Welcome to the club!!

I'd love to see Warlock back, but I guess they don't want a freaky robot-alien around... After all, they've only just killed off Caliban who spoke the same way as Warlock.  I hope he returns though, in a story that they build up to.
    Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Darkchild
    @pixelized:Glares at him

To be more clarified i read them hen i was little u little turd LMAO. I wasnt out when they came out......pr!ck

BUT Warlock is always my fav of the NM's second is Dani cause well its Dani fricking Moonstar. And i wonder how their going to explain the man in the box (i know who it is i just dont want to spoil it unless its already been spoiled then ill say his name lol)
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By pixelized

RiP Pyschic Arrow Danielle Moonstar.. you are missed...

I'd love for Cypher to return over Warlock, and none of that Douglock crap.... and of course Tabitha [Boom Boom], Sally [Skids], Rictor and maybe even Rusty

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.