Follow

New Mutants

Team » New Mutants appears in 1671 issues.

The New Mutants are a team of young mutants in training at Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters.

Fear Itself?

unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By unicornpuncher

Anyone finding the NM fear itself storyline totally awful?  I cant really hang with the art or the story.  Im just hoping it passes by quickly

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By EnSabahNurX

I'm trying to like it but i can't seem to care about the story, but i like the scenes with magik. And the art is getting on my nerves, hope they swap artist for the next arc, but fear itself has some boring tie-ins that ruined the flow of a lot of titles

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By jordama

yeah not a fan

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty

Despite being a HUGE New Mutants fan for what feels like forever... I'm dropping New Mutants after this storyline wraps up.  This is even more god-awful than the Truth or Death limited series.

unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By unicornpuncher

Yeah, I keep seeing so much potential for New Mutants, but they wont give it any good character development and the art is god awful. Sunspot looks like a fat Hawaiian dude in it. They need to give this book the freedom to be own its own title for awhile, rather than keep getting tied up into crossovers. Im glad to see im not the only one dissapointed in it. If the art and story keeps up like this, I cant seem the book making it much longer.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xerox_kitty

@unicornpuncher said:

Sunspot looks like a fat Hawaiian dude in it.

Seriously, what on EARTH where they thinking when they okayed art that made the Brazaillian playboy look like Mondo's Neanderthal brother!?

But I'm also unimpressed with the writing. I have been for a long time. And disappointingly the new creative team are latching on to the worst aspects of those stories & embellishing them with a greater emphasis on X-Man! He's not even a New Mutant... there are countless opportunities just wasted for this poor turn of events.

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jordama

@xerox_kitty: Your not even going to see what happens with X-Man? And Amara is going on a date with Belasco, this all seems like riveting stories in the making... /sarcasm/

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xerox_kitty

@jordama: I'm (to my own shame) going to finish this current story arc. Only so I can look back in years to come & at least finish the story. But EVERYTHING I have seen so far has only served to convince me that it is nothing but glossy toilet paper that someone vomited upon. Pure rubbish.

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jordama

@xerox_kitty: Yeah I remember when you hated the kiss, and the amara/bobby thing. I kinda called it from the gecko, I didn't have high hopes for this team, something felt like it was going to off.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By xerox_kitty

The only time it was any good was during the conclusion of Necrosha. After more than 2 years of publication, that's not a good success rate.

unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By unicornpuncher

@xerox_kitty: @xerox_kitty said:

@jordama: But EVERYTHING I have seen so far has only served to convince me that it is nothing but glossy toilet paper that someone vomited upon. Pure rubbish.

I don't think I could have said it better. And this fear itself crossover isnt helping at all. Dani is a valkyrie! Who cares. Lets get her back to her V1 X-force power set and get cooking again.

Avatar image for victoriancuckoo
    victoriancuckoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By victoriancuckoo

It feels like such filler until the post-schism storyline starts up, even Nate Grey seems like a boring addition to the team

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#13  Edited By EnSabahNurX

@xerox_kitty said:

@jordama: I'm (to my own shame) going to finish this current story arc. Only so I can look back in years to come & at least finish the story. But EVERYTHING I have seen so far has only served to convince me that it is nothing but glossy toilet paper that someone vomited upon. Pure rubbish.

I'm doing the same issue 33 which is regenesis is my last issue, the next arc has a heavy metal band and when i saw they were going to be villains for three issues I quickly dropped the title and since i don't care about 616 blink i have nothing to keep my interested

@unicornpuncher said:

@xerox_kitty: @xerox_kitty said:

@jordama: But EVERYTHING I have seen so far has only served to convince me that it is nothing but glossy toilet paper that someone vomited upon. Pure rubbish.

I don't think I could have said it better. And this fear itself crossover isnt helping at all. Dani is a valkyrie! Who cares. Lets get her back to her V1 X-force power set and get cooking again.

If she gets her powers back maybe I'll put new mutants back on my pull list because at the moment I have dropped it indefinitely

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.