gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    Chapter 7 begins. Place your bets to see who will be the next mutant to die.

The Good

It's great that we do get some follow up on the previous issue. One of the complaints I've had about Second Coming is at times there's some inconsistency. For example, we do get to see what happens to Warlock after he broke the promise he made to himself. We also get a nice scene between Scott and Hank.

The Bad

Yes Scott is a soldier at heart now but the way he simply told Domino about Kurt was too cold. It's also unfortunate that the New Mutants aren't the center stage in their own book. I understand that this is part of a much bigger story but it felt out of place to see that one scene I mentioned above between Scott and Hank appear in this book. 

Another inconsistency occurs with Hope. We know she's supposed to be tough as nails after everything she's been through with Cable when they were on the run from Bishop. Throughout Second Coming we've seen her on the verge of tears, wanting to buy a brush and now getting in Dani Moonstar's face when Dani expresses her anger towards Cable.

We also get a cliffhanger that leads into another "Second Coming Revelations" book rather than the next chapter.

The Verdict - 4/5

Despite my gripe about the New Mutants not being the focus of their own book, this was a pretty good chapter. We find out about another teleporter, we see if Hope can stand for herself, we see more of Donald Pierce's plan and get a decent cliffhanger. I feel like it could've used a tiny bit more action but it was still a satisfying read.
    Joe Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Joe Venom

Nice going to pick mines up real soon

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Thunderscream

another teleporter? that's.....convenient since they just lost 2. I wonder if this is a teleporter we've seen before or a new "mutant"

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By sora_thekey

If you were in Hope's shoes you would definitely be having a hard time getting a hold of yourself... She's a teenager who, although "tough as nails" has some emotional breakdown because of everything that has happened...
    She doesn't know what to do and all at the same time she is very important to everybody...
    It's understandable!

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Namor1987

I know who the other teleporter is

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @Namor1987: Or maybe you mean "was..."
    Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Mbecks14

that is a freaking sweet cover!!!

the_fallen11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By the_fallen11

"Take him apart" best line in the issue.

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Theodore

Heres one I plan on picking up today.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By doordoor123

I liked it, but for this arc it wasnt that great. There have been way better issues in Second Coming.

spiderguylll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By spiderguylll

the scene between Cyclops n Cable was epic

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By goldenkey

nice cover.
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Korg
    @G-Man said:
    " Yes Scott is a soldier at heart now but the way he simply told Domino about Kurt was too cold."
    I disagree. He tried to touch lightly on the subject ("There have been losses..."), and Domino told him to spit it out ("Who did we lose lose?"). Domino was making it easier for him by just asking for a straight answer. In addition, she was guarding a teleporter, and the two K.I.A.s that Cyclops mentions are vital information for her to know about immediately (in fact, he wasn't quick enough telling her, IMO).
    Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By Gawdzilla

RIP Vanisher...:(

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By pixelized

So the weather has returned to being hotter than gym shorts testicles in 86, and I myself felt better,  I went out and picked up my two comics for the week. Gotta Say, I wasn't Loving this nor was I loathing it. 

My MAJOR gripe came with the altercation between Danielle and Hope. I know uncanny showed us that Cannonball is only 21, so all the other characters, except Karma, should be in that age range, but what is a grown woman like Danielle Moonstar doing fighting a child? Then later on in the fight, Hope throws a tray at Danielle, like, WTS is that? And what kind of super soldier strength is this kid supposed to have that I should believe Danielle could not have her on her ass in 3 seconds flat? 

Overall, I give this a 3, simply because, that terrible fight aside, there was little development. Vanisher bit the dust, and hopefully the X-Club will too. On second thought, make that a 2.5, what a terrible mini cliffhanger, "Find out what happens to the X-Club," more like, "Realize we don't care and put effort into better characters."  Though the confession that Hope made at the end was nice.

Gotta say, another minor gripe would be Hope's characterization. Granted Second Coming is being written by 15 different people, but for her to have Balls of steel here, and then want to play with bobby pins and bounce on beds in Uncanny is dangerously annoying.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#15  Edited By xerox_kitty

I actually felt that the way Hope was characterised here was the real Hope.  So far, she's been a stroppy & emotionally distressed weakling ONLY in Uncanny X-Men.  However, this is how she's meant to be.  Although I'm not sure about Dani Moonstar STILL being an angry young woman who settles things with her fists... she was the cool-headed mentor for so long, so why is she behaving like she did when she first joined the school??

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.